1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Repair Bolt

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Miathan, 29 Jun 2017.

?

Will you be using the new repair bolt?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I don't know yet

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I love seeing gameplay of it but since I don't use fixer I just scrap all items for it (including rares). Very nice job.

2. grampps

grampps New Member

Been playing with a rare bolt and love the options it gives. The problem is it needs balancing. Either drop it to single slot and leave as is or buff the heal and or cool down to justify the 2 slots.

3. Joey who

If it dropped a slot they would have to make it less healing than repair box or else it would become a repair box with unlimited range and more healing. Plus the repait bolt can unstun and unfreeze your teammates. This would completely outcast the repair box.

4. grampps

grampps New Member

That's probably a fair point, but at the moment it seems very weak for 2 slots and having to drop the pulse

5. Joey who

Watch britneyspears use a tier 4 epic on her live streams. I think his/her youtube is battle bay legends

6. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Well if you're going to compare it to box, you're missing a few points. The first is that getting the unstun and unfreeze is a (big) tradeoff against fixer HP, and the second is that bolt can't self heal but box can.

7. Joey who

I agree on the self healing but could you further explain the first one. What's the big tradeoff?

8. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

They're crew training perks, and the other choice for each is HP. If you want bolt to cure both freeze and stun, you have to give up 5% fixer HP and 3% all ship HP.

9. Joey who

Oh yea. That's true but in the leagues it's a nobrainer to choose the unstun (not sure about unfreeze) because of all the speeder with tesla bolts. I feel the repair bolt is more or less of a high league item