1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Repair Bolt

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Miathan, 29 Jun 2017.

?

Will you be using the new repair bolt?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I don't know yet

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

What do people think about the new Repair Bolt? What it does:

- projectile that repairs a single target, 15.8 second base cooldown
    - heals for slightly more than box (mine shows 654 max vs the 546 max of box)
    - costs 2 slot points

Feelix has been changed, there are trainings for repair bolt now. These include the ability to make it cure freeze and stun. Still, to me, it seems not worth it, mainly because of the 2 slot points. I can't see anyone swap pulse for this, because then you lose your area heals, while if you take pulse + bolt, you can't keep yourself alive (pulse heals you for 50% now, and bolt can't self heal). So is this ability useful?

Attached Files:

Blueberry likes this.
  2. Syla5

Syla5 Active Member

Should have been a 1 slot item. 2 slots kills it.

Chad Iyet likes this.
  3. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

Damn it, 2 points item.... ability to debuff stuns and freeze costing some base HP...
    Although it might be a game changer, need to try it out to have a better feel.
    Think this is gonna further disrupt a lot of speeder and enforcer current playstyle. Screenshot_2017-06-29-14-59-03-806_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2017-06-29-14-59-13-987_com.rovio.battlebay.png

David Bonaparte likes this.
  4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Positives:
    The ability to cure stun+slow is amazing.
    Its easy to hit with & I can think back to many situations where a ranged heal would have been clutch.

Negatives:
    The cooldown is massive compared to amount healed.
    It cannot selfheal (which combined with Pulse nerf is pretty significant).
    For a 2p item the HPS seems too low.
    ---
    Doubt it will have much impact on low level play --The healing potential of Repair Pulse is much higher & running both seems impossible before mk6+. I suppose the Repair Pulse nerf is intended to make it an actual choice which 2p item to run (seems pretty brutal still though!)

Last edited: 29 Jun 2017
  5. Blueberry

Blueberry New Member

I love the idea of it - firing a direct hit rather than dashing about trying to aim a box/hoping your Box gets picked up... but the 2 slots and long cooldown put me off :(

behumble likes this.
  6. ThirstySeal

ThirstySeal Member

Every silver lining has a cloud.

I'm gonna test it out when I get one, but the 2 slot points is going to be a hard pill to swallow vs double pulse + box. If I ever bother to upgrade to mk6.

Blueberry likes this.
  7. Kitterini

A big fan of the idea behind it aswell -- Numbers might require some tweaks to make it a viable alternative to Pulse though.

I can't think of a build before Mk6 that would utilize it.
    At Mk6 Pulse + Bolt + Box might be viable though - But doubt it will be as good as pre-patch. Time will tell!

Blueberry and aKifer like this.
  8. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

That cool down is way too long for something that barely does any healing. 300hp is gone in a hit . Stupid.

9. aaaxxd

aaaxxd Member

This might be a fixer's carronade. Repair bolt seems to improve dramatically with upgrades. A bit of heal on its own is useless but it can be extremely effective once it can remove some freeze/stun effects. Removing freeze can mean one less hit, which in turn means 200+ hp saved.

10. Robos

Robos Member

I can't understand at all why it takes 2 spots. Make it 1 spot and it would make some sense to use it as a mk5 healer in combination with pulse and box

11. Kitterini

Aye, its hard to justify using it over a Pulse on anything below mk6.

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 and Netsa like this.
  12. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I have not used bolt and will certainly try it. But the fact that I need LOS to use makes me significantly more vulnerable, especially since I have to sacrifice 2 slots worth of items that can heal me and others. To add salt to the wound, I lose HP to get the bolt's bonuses.

13. Chad Iyet

Chad Iyet New Member

There's no point in using the Repair Bolt. Thats why you put a Turbo and Overboost/Nitro on your Fixer, so that you can move quickly to wherever your team is for area healing. The 2-slot points is too much, esp. with its long cooldown and YOU CANT HEAL YOURSELF with it (now that Pulse is nerfed healing urself is much more important). Repair Box is still much better than this shitty Repair bolt.

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 and aKifer like this.
  14. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I can't justify using it at all. At 2 points + pulse nerf I know I won't use it, even at MK6. I'll take dual pulse & tape at that point, because a dead Fixer is a useless fixer.

15. Miathan

Yeah if you already have one pulse, you need to move in to heal anyway, and you may as well get a 2nd pulse. I have been thinking about MK6 with 2 bolts though.

Pros:
    - no need to move in to heal and no reason to group up, meaning you as fixer take less damage and the group is less vulnerable to mortars and torps
    - more direct healing compared to the heal over time of pulse, meaning you could save someone who gets focused
    - potentially, the ability to cure freeze/stun (though I don't think I would actually take this, fixer HP is more important because dead fixer = zero heals)

Cons:
    - loss of area healing, meaning a smaller overall healing potential and less ability to keep a group alive if they're all taking damage

I'm only MK4 though, so it's all theorycrafting to me. I guess it will be a while before we really know the value of bolt because nobody that has one got it at high level yet, and most people don't even want to level it in its current state.

16. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

Interesting approach...my concern would be you're only able to heal 1 boat at a time, and currently there is a long cooldown compared to other healing items.
    As for no one has a high level bolt, Nightmare league Fixer, Britney Spears had a lvl 4 epic repair bolt on Thursday. (The day of the update!) and I'm sure their are others.

Miathan likes this.
  17. Miathan

Oh that's crazy... I found it on youtube now, tier 4 epic indeed, lvl 32. Interesting gameplay. I have to say, I like how quickly you can heal someone at range with bolt.

18. Kitterini

Leave it with its low hps, but give it a talent that makes clear fire debuffs! Drool

19. Blueberry

Blueberry New Member

Well, unlocked an uncommon bolt, used it a couple of times, but scrapped it. I much prefer the pulse still for its ability to heal more than one player (as well as myself at 50%). Maybe if I get an epic someday i might reconsider :D

Miathan likes this.
  20. Elurien

Elurien Member

IMG_0076.PNG Im a passioned fixer and i use the bolt. Got it on lvl 2 and yes the cooldown time is boring and olso the two slots you have to use but, ... the range is awsome! You need a team that takes care of the fixer and when it works,...

Miathan likes this.