1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove Turbo From the Game

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Netsa, 2 Nov 2017.

Tags:
  1. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

lol i really did not need a turbo until mk4 but really i believe mk4s at 0.9 base speed (speeder) is way too low when max is 1.62.

2. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

I can't even get multiples of rare or epic turbo...I'm still stuck with uncommon. I wish I had a golden turbo. Come on RNG! Personally starting to loathe this issue.

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I got 2 epic turbos in the same week when I didn't even use turbo. Haven't gotten another since. Just epic rudders and gear lubes yay

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  4. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Increasing the base line speeds would be great and also decreasing the turbo effect (which is quite significant now) to promote usage of other items

I would have to disagree to this,unless the the turbo effect is reduced. Because i would still be using turbo for a better speed, with whatsoever perks rather than using other blue items with speed perks..

5. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I've seen people run two overboosts on speeder instead of turbo allowing them to run big shield and bandage

6. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Thanks, sorry. Edited it.
    Actually, that could be interesting if they made them separate perks. +15% to the item or +5% to a separate stat.
    Speeders keep their speed, they just don't need to equip a Turbo anymore.

7. noelips

noelips Member

Instead of nerfing the turbo, how about this?

Make the turbo a 2 point blue item. Buff the rudder and gear lube or give them a few more boosts through talents. These two items need more love. Speeders and Enforcers ditch them for turbo.

And IMHO it makes no sense that aiming with "your boat" is a thing. Turrets where invented for a reason. All boats should have a higher turret agility. Only speeders should have a higher speed. They should not feel like they need turbo at all.

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I accelerate my turn arc while "aiming with my boat". It ain't a thing, it's an art. Under gunfire, maintaining composure while turning out of all enemies' turrets AND aiming a broadside WHILE nitroing out of mortar fire. No, it's tough to execute, and shouldnt be removed while gear lubes get buffed.

9. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Just so you know at least one person did click and read the article. However, I don't think it necessarily applies here, since the design of the game is already pretty minimal. There's very little bloat in Battle Bay, it's an incredibly simple game for what it is. A few of the weapons don't really need to exist, like Standard Mortar, but they aren't priority and some people have already grown attached to them. After all, this game has already been released. It's too late to start doing subtractive design without hurting their playerbase.

Turbo notwithstanding, since I think it can be removed without hurting anyone.

TheAntiSnipe and Babablacksheep like this.
  10. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

They could change the setup to be more like a car, you get more specific with slots. 1 for the engine (IE. Turbo.) but the engine could have various options for upgrades like max speed or max acceleration (this leaves room for customization for a speeder vs. defender etc). Then leave another slot (designated as an armor slot) for buffs to ship...shield or bandage. Cars can't operate without an engine and neither can boats so it really should just be standard gear that could be tweaked in some fashion.
    Obviously this isn't a tremendous tweak from what is already in place. Probably won't happen though.

11. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

I agree turbo isn't really a choice. It's more of a bottleneck. Is the best solution to simply remove it from the game, not sure, but you raise a good topic of discussion OP.

Babablacksheep and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

At the very least, I think most people can agree that turbos are frustratingly implemented at current. I could be way off base, but the general opinion seems to be: turbos are mandatory, period. You have zero chance of escaping mortar fire in any ship without a turbo, you can't keep up in most fights without one, and you just generally crawl around the bay without one. These are all issues that only get exacerbated as you climb levels with your ships, so why not come up with some sort of work-around? They need to be changed somehow to feel less like an auto/mandatory add, and I for one would support across the board speed increases while making turbos specifically less effective, as was mentioned earlier in the thread. Having them as an option is great, but they should really feel like an option, not a mandatory part of literally any loadout.

Netsa likes this.
  13. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Why not tie ship speed to captain level? Have each ship get a base speed and then each level your speed increases by x amount. I looked at base stats compared to max possible at mk7 and it looks like ships increase by about 0.5. This makes it easy, each captain level boats increase by 0.01 speed. 0.1 every 10 levels.

Replace the turbo with another blue item, I am sure we can think of some useful ones. And for the last time, gear and rudder should be combined.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. Babablacksheep

BUMP!! A Logical thread about balancing/removing a extensively used item,Indirect buff to Lube/Rudder

Netsa likes this.
  15. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    How about combining turbo+rudder, turbo+gearlube, and rudder+gearlube and make them all two slot.
    Or make a way that you can combine 2 one slot blue items to make 1 one slot item with the characteristics of the combined items. (reduced by half each of course)
    This would be really awesome, and give big shield and rudder competition.
    However, this would be hard to implement. :(

16. Babablacksheep

Cant belive i thought of exactly the same thing lol,Rudder+Lube combined as benguin said but power reduced to half.Although wont have much impact until late game,Where players will probably substitute it with a bandage,And useless for enfo/Fixer who have only 2 blue slot and would choose Sheild+Turbo...

The Otherguy likes this.
  17. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Phew. I'm not the only one.

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

After many week’s of saving pieces... ”Come on, epic big shield, come on, come on...”
    609BEFFE-6D09-469D-AC45-526327BEFDD7.png
    Nooooooo! D’:

Last edited: 23 Nov 2017
    The Otherguy likes this.
  19. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

lol. I have 9/10 epic blue parts currently, and it will be my 3rd time combining an epic blue item. The first two times were gear lube and rudder. Hoping this time it will be either a turbo, big shield, or standard shield.

ViscountSniffit and The Otherguy like this.
  20. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    My first epic was Big Shield. :cool::p
    #endofftopic
    I wonder how
    would affect game-play. o_O