1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Regular match making is 1.6 my gear score and 1.6 my infamy

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by NBK_RedSpy, 18 Jun 2018.

Tags:
  1. NBK_RedSpy

NBK_RedSpy New Member

I left the game a while back and have returned. I was at 3000 inf and now I'm at 1200.

Match maker constantly matches me with players that are 1.6x my gear score (5,100 vs about 8,300) and about 1.6x my infamy (1200 vs about 2000+).

Is this a bug or just the way it is?

As it is, there is no reason for me to subscribe since 5 days out of the week I'll get matches that I'm unlikely to win.

2. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Not sure how long you've been gone, but that is the evolution of the game. Your 5,100 gear score might have been good enough for 3000 infamy back in the day.
    Today however, if you play shooter or defender, you will need at least a 9000 gear score to hit 3000 infamy.
    Some fixers, speeders or enforcer setups can get you to 3000 infamy with 7k to 8k gear scores.
    Also, it is very rare to see MK5's at 3000 infamy any more. A few speeders and fixers possibly.

Since you've dropped 1800 infamy(to no fault of your own), you will be labeled an infamy tanker for a couple weeks and have to face tougher players. So just have fun, or wait another week or two for the system to reset and you can then play easier battles

TheAntiSnipe and NBK_RedSpy like this.
  3. NBK_RedSpy

NBK_RedSpy New Member

Thank you! That solves the mystery!