1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Reduction of battle rewards per battle

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nosesabe, 9 Aug 2018.

1. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Average rewards per battle didn't change. Now, u get higher losses rewards and lower wins rewards.

Mr. Joseph, Nam_Nam and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  2. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

I’m sorry, but we’ve multiple users who have plotted this over time with hundreds of datapoints and independently come to the exact same conclusion:

The devs checked the WRONG thing, because the first reports simply stated that rewards had dropped. That’s only half the story.

- Average didn’t change
    - Median didn’t change
    - The standard deviation DID change. The span from minimum to maximum reward is now less than it used to be.

Wins are now worth less, losses are worth more.

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Hit em with facts

Nam_Nam and Reorge like this.
  4. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Miika keeps insisting they haven't reduced the rewards but he's just wrong. I would regularly (not every time, or even most times, but regularly) get 40k gold rewards after wins. Now, I don't hit 40k even in 99% of event matches where my damage is always inflated. Something changed. Either raw reward amounts, or how it calculates rewards, or something. But Miika is wrong, we are absolutely getting reduced rewards.

5. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

and your rewards for losses?

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  6. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Thank you :)

7. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Losses are worth more?

EVERYONE START FLOATING!!! ( kidding. If you do this the devs will give you the banhammer. #stopfloating)

Once more: if you take this seriously you're not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, are ye? I hate floaters ( as seen by my numerous deleted threads), so it's obvious I really wouldn't want you to float. I wasted all this time to make sure you didn't get butt hurt. Have a nice day.

8. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I didn't save the excel spreadsheet with my data points (bc I didn't think I would ever have use for it again) and I can't go back far enough in my log to replot them without hitting a never-ending loading circle ... so the following is my impression (bc I can't prove with actual data)

I've had more time to look at the current rewards..

Before, the "win" or "loss" result of my matches played the largest role in my match rewards, regardless of how well I performed. To put it simply, I could look at the rewards and tell if I won or lost the match. If I remember correctly ... I was averaging 14k losses and averaging 50k for wins.

Now, it seems like my performance in the match is the biggest factor in the rewards, with a slight bonus for wins. Since my performance is fairly steady regardless of the win or loss, I'm getting an average of around 35-38k gold per match.

Even as a NML player (typically in the top 100) that has a higher win rate than the majority of players (that would benefit the least from a change in rewards), it appears that my average rewards have still increased. So, I prefer performance-based rewards.

I may not be getting as many 60k rewards, but I'm getting losses of up to 46k. If I need 100k gold for some parts, I know I can get it in 3 games now, whereas it could have taken me up to 8 games before.

Nam_Nam and ShipCrusherCz like this.