1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Redneck Reviews: Standard Torpedo and Big Bandage! (Part IV)

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Redneck Messiah, 10 Jan 2019.

1. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

New update, new Redneck Reviews! Today, we will be reviewing the new items on the Bay, added in Update 4.2: the Standard Torpedo, a red section weapon, and the Big Bandage, the latest addition to the blue section.
    Complete series library: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/redneck-reviews-library.23565/
    I've taken the liberty of buying a rare standard torp and an uncommon big bandie, leveling both to 10, and training the first 3-4 talents from each tree so I can bring you readers reviews of the items as they are with a bit of levels on 'em, which is how someone would likely use them. Without further ado, let's get into this!

First, let's get the Big Bandage out of the way. This item is essentially a bandage, with twice the healing power as well as twice the slot points. Not much to say here... Makes for reliable self healing if you have the points. As my best shield is a standard one, I had no trouble fitting it on a Shooter or Speeder, but some of you may. If you have a decent small shield and turbo, this item is a beast. Not recommended for Fixers or Reapers, who can already heal themselves well enough, and need their blue slots for other things. Also a nice fit for defenders.
    Redneck Rating: A fairly solid healing boost for most ships on the Bay, assuming you have room. 3.5 stars. * * * * *

Now, the Standard Torpedo, undoubtedly the big fish in the midsized pond that is 4.2. I enjoy this thing. It has a ridiculous cooldown (5 seconds base) paired with lower-than-average damage, making for excellent DPS. It has speed nearly on the level of its close relative, the Swift Torpedo, making it easy enough to hit shots with. Another point in its favor is a short activation distance. Its splash radius, meanwhile, is comparable to the Big Torpedo's, and it can accommodate all the torpedo perks we know and love, like damage, speed, frost damage, wildfire, etc. It also has the benefit of taking one slot point, meaning any ship could use this beast if they wanted to. Its one flaw is a low damage stat compared to the other torpedoes, but if you pair it with some strong weapons and take into account its cooldown time and ease of use... it's not that big of a deal.
    Redneck Rating: Balanced, easy-to-learn torpedo. Solid fit for anyone, be they professional torpers or inexperienced with this type of weapon. 4.5 stars. * * * * *

That's it! 4.2 was a fairly big update to the game, so I do plan to post another review of the other stuff this update brought us, because there is certainly more to discuss! That'll be up later tonight, assuming I don't go into post-Klondike bar hibernation.
    See you on the Bay,
    Redneck Messiah​

Last edited: 11 Jan 2019