1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Railgun is op

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by NoTtIaN, 20 Aug 2018.

1. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    easy up close, and you see? its a weapon for 'pro' players who can at least aim well!
    its not really hard to hit--thats why you use different weapons while getting the angle!
    22s isnt forever, besides as long as you have 1-2 other weapons reload is no problem, and if youre using it on a speeder/enfo/fixer, you can hide behind blocks and use other stuff.
    well, ALL railguns i see are t5 rare and up to sometimes to a t5 epic thats maxed out and perked out (yeah, *matchmaking!*)
    no
    thats not low damage.
    a max t5 rare blast wouldnt even do that much

PLUS
    the shooter has WAY more weapons to use, meaning that cooldown doent matter
    just make shooter take 3s to fire another weapon

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, I'm against nerfing RG. You're literally comparing it to oneslot weapons. If you aren't trolling, you, my friend, have a problem. RG is probably one of the very few truly balanced weps out there.

3. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    whats next?
    making xcannon deal less dmg to when theyre close? hA!

im not trolling, yes i have problembs, what do i dO?

the reason why bb is 'unbalanced' is because its p2w items.

which is why EVERYTHING should start with a base effect os 20% more and the maxed out strength is only 0.8
    idc what you higher up are feeling, just know that youre not getting lots of new people -- because of matachmaking and item balancing

(i made many posts about it, go and read it yourself!)
    ic, (what) (now) -- higher players will get into more dogfights! -- meaning that the game will not turn into a 'chiptothedeath' contest. and more like old days.

and, you guys are getting a lot of likes
    fRom StEal1ing

4. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

blast is one point item with approximately half reload time:rolleyes:
    if it was 1v1 situation with one player with only RG and other with only blast, then the player with blast could do two times higher damage (once he gets in range), maybe even more because you can't shoot RG over waves and it has decreased damage at shorter range

wtf
    it has more weapons but it has no other user-controlled items:rolleyes:
    all ships (except for the poor defender) have (at maximal level) at least 5 items that are activated by user, enfo and fixer have 6 of them
    so where is the problem? shooter is meant to have more weapons than others and implementing this nerf (three second global cooldown) is just stupid
    why only shooter?

VantaBlack and What's Up Player like this.
  5. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

No RG is not OP, i know this bcoz i used to used RG myself.

Honestly its hard to hit using RG for this reason:
    1. The damage is reduced the closer u r to target.
    2. To get full potential dmg, u need to be prety far from target. So you need to aim really well unless ur gonna miss it. It bcome even harder with the wave in BB bcause RG have straight line projectile (u need to have clear shot to be able to use its full potential). This bring to other problem which is you also bcome exposed to unfriend when you do get clear sight to shot RG.
    3. With RG charactheristic, u have slim window to utilize RG so once you miss the shot, its harder to get other chance to utilize RG again (or u may not get the chance to use full potential dmg of RG anymore).
    So no, RG is hard to use thas why it comes with high reward (high dmg) once u use it effectively. You might not even get the chance to get full dmg im a battle.

Reload is a real problem for RG because of its long cooldown, its even worst for yellow ship with only 2-3 red slot. Thats why you never see yellow ship use use RG.

So, like Ash kot said, try to use it urself b4 complaining.

This kind of complain is exactly what makes newer player become lesser and lesser. Every body is asking to nerf everything just bcause they cannot overcome good weapon/item thats used by skilled people.

Aether_Zero and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  6. ShipCrusherCz

agree with your post, except for this part
    there were (and probably still are) railgun speeders
    the reason why enforces don't use RG is that they can't effectively use two point weapons above mk4 (you can use them effectively only between mk1 and mk4) because you would have to waste one slot to equip two point item and that's not worth it;)

What's Up Player likes this.
  7. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

That might be true, bcause i never encounter speeder using RG :oops:

8. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    because the worst type of boat is shooter-becasue there are somany noobs!! who cant even aim at ace!
    so to make to good, *actually good* shooters be succesful, make the noobies learn.
    in a 1v1 sit, the shooter wins- (unless speeders fight) in all times, it deas way too muuch dmg, and so many noobs use it cause its op, and the weapon achiements are butter

9. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    yes i did use it on speeder and shooter
    -i know its hard to get the wave angled rightm but...
    dealing a blast dmg with a weapon thats meant to be used for long range? no

10. ShipCrusherCz

or unless he meets selfish fixer or enfo:rolleyes:
    it is supposed to deal highest damage but this "ability" is compensated by lower speed, agility and no yellow/green items

11. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

12. ShipCrusherCz

why it's bad? it has straight trajectory, 22s cooldown and reduced damage at mid/short range:rolleyes:
    sniper crits can go over 2k easily, that's ok?

13. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Except me if you find me

14. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
  15. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I'm just glad that Devs don't listen to us anymore :p