1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Railgun damage issue

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Alistair Taggart, 20 Dec 2018.

1. Alistair Taggart

Alistair Taggart New Member

Recently I have found that I am not getting full damage hits with the railgun, it was my understanfung thst the railgun should deal either full damage for a hit or a complete miss with no in between. Is this correct? please see attached screen shots showing two example events, the battle in which the events happened and the weapon used. Thanks Screenshot_20181219-204110_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20181219-204703_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20181219-204749_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20181219-223613_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20181219-223823_Battle Bay.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Railguns are extremely range dependent. You know the percentage number in the reticle when a railgun is selected? That's how much damage a shot will do if it connects from that distance. If you're close to someone, and the reticle says 32%, it does 32% of the railgun's max damage. The farther away you are, the more damage the weapon actually does. You don't want to use a railgun really close to someone... they really shine at distances of 100% damage or more, where they can use their insane damage stat to its fullest.

This does mean that there is an in-between with the weapon: It can hit for full damage above a certain distance, hit for a percentage below that distance, or miss entirely.

Alistair Taggart likes this.
  3. Alistair Taggart

Alistair Taggart New Member

Thank you for clearing that up for me

4. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

No problem!

Alistair Taggart likes this.