1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

PSA: Your Team's Fixer Is Your IGL!

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by achillesRising, 27 Jan 2018.

1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    If there are no fixers, enforcers take charge. If there are no enforcers, shooters take charge. If there are no shooters, speeders. Never let a defender take charge, because I have never seen a defender user who isn't a noob

2. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

You just unlucky bro

3. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Enforcers should always be the leader :p As Enforcer I pick on weak targets, low health targets, fixers and before they broke the in-game chat call targets. Anyone scanning the map can and should do the same.

It's easy to say someone specific should lead but, eh, I'm not going down torpedo alley on Destruct 9 if everyone else is doing it. It's just going to make the battle that much shorter.
    Pay attention to commands and use discretion. If that defender is low, regenerating and someone calls to attack hit it. If that fixer is healing the team as fast as you deal damage and someone calls it hit it. You should probably be hitting the fixer anyway though.

W
    hat you can do is protect your fixer because unless it's selfish it's helping you win. I can't count the times I raise shield to go through the unfriends after their fixer and they don't even pay attention to me.

4. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

I not agree, when enforser or speder is liader al team must move very fast, they don't wait for all, they can't wait, for them SLOW = DEAD

PastelPiku likes this.
  5. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

grasshopper.jpg
    Ah, Grasshopper. You learn well; you understand that many times the lives of others are yours to choose to save.

But soon, you may realize, that sometimes the one whose life must be sacrificed ...

Is your own.

Mr.FixIt.Nsk and PastelPiku like this.
  6. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Thanks for the shout out.

You just motivated me to finish my Noob to Noob on team formations where I talk about different boats and where they will probably be on the map and why.

As a speeder nowadays I am always deeply grateful (and frankly stunned) when some fixer lands a bolt on me when I'm in the middle of a furball half way across the map. But as I watch the 30 other healing bolts miss me as they zing by I think, "Man, I would've come back when I wanted help and the rest of the team sure could've used all that fixing." What I ask of fixers is simply to be paying attention when I "SOS" on my way back in. Ideally they will be someplace reasonably safe to top me up before I go back to combat. I can tell the really hot fixers because I SOS and start making my way back. When I turn that last corner there they are, pointed at me already, and the bolt is on the way (assuming other duties don't interfere of course).

Just last night I put my speeder in between an enemy shooter and my team's 200hp fixer. I absorbed 3 bullets before I died. The fixer got away, repaired himself and the team won. I was thrilled that he didn't linger around trying to save me. In that moment either myself or the fixer was going down and the fixer made the right choice... as did I.

Last edited: 21 Feb 2018
  7. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    One thing, dont mistake aelfish fixer for unselfish fixer

8. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

thanks for your advice, many are very useful!
    getting a repair bolt in a distant speeder is very difficult, especially if the speeder in combat and uses nitro often.
    Scatter boxes are a good alternative if he can return.
    Sometimes you have to really shut yourself off if you do not succeed in raising their health. Sometimes even with a fatal outcome, give your life to restore the last shooter for a 1-to-1 duel.

I tried a selfish regime - this is not my style, I can not.

Snapshot likes this.
  9. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

getting a repair bolt in a distant speeder is very difficult, especially if the speeder in combat and uses nitro often.
    Oh trust me. I completely sympathize. After all, if you're able to hit me then the enemy team which is A LOT closer will certainly be able to. That would be a BadThing(tm).

Scatter boxes are a good alternative if he can return.
    Excellent point. I "learned" to ignore these on my shooter. It was only recently that I realized that on a speeder those boxes are a totally different proposition since I can get to them so easily. So yes please, leave a little happy patch of boxes somewhere obvious :)

Sometimes you have to really shut yourself off if you do not succeed in raising their health. Sometimes even with a fatal outcome, give your life to restore the last shooter for a 1-to-1 duel.
    As you say, it all depends on the situation. In most situations the fixer is the priority. In the end I'm relying on the fixer to size up the remaining team composition and decide if we need more fixing or more something else.

10. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Or in some situatttions, try duel urself, or be the distraction so that the enemy follows u wile ur friend shooter kills them.