1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Proposed Infamy Tweak - Linked to Performance

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by benguin8, 16 Oct 2017.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Infamy is a work in progress, and trying to figure an automated way to give credit based on contribution is, admittedly, very tough if not nearly impossible.

I played speeder and shooter the past few days, and it reinforced the very different roles they play in a battle, particularly the dependencies between them. In most matches if Shooter is not #1 in damage and kills, then something went wrong. A reward system should take the roles into account, and while there is some accommodation for Fixer, what does one do with a Speeder or a Defender?

There's no easy answer, and likely will never be a complete solution. It's a team game where you only get to exert control over about 20% of the match... more if you are good, and less if you shouldn't be in that infamy. I won't mince words and will just say I see sub-par players nearly every match which reconfirms the infamy system is far from accurate. It's probably >50% accurate but that's as far as I'll take it at this point.

2. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

And at least for this player, I would consider getting less infamy in a match I was carried in to be a huge blessing not a punishment. My biggest problem, by far, in BB is too much infamy. Right now the system follows the Peter Principle. It'll raise you to your level of incompetence and then keep you there.