1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Problems with the in-game chats

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Flint, 23 Apr 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello Devs,

I have several people in my BFF-list with whom I cannot not talk to. Not all my friends, but I think 10-15% of them. They are active, one is a real life friend and was at my house. But everything I typed did not become visible on my side of the chat and neither at his side.

It happens on different devices and systems. I am using a Samsung Tab-S and Samsung GT-N8010(both Android) and he is using a Motorola for example.

And another things which still happens, is that when I have typed a message in the the Chill Zone chat or private chat, that after I press enter, that the game shuts off. It happens quite often and I have to restart the entire game.

I have complained about this latter problem already in December I think.

Regards,
    Flint

2. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Sounds very annoying - sorry to hear these issues occur!
    Let's see how we can solve this for you. What's your in game tag so we can take a look? I will also get back to as soon as i can tell you more.

3. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

What device and OS version do you use and is it a custom keyboard app? If so try using the stock one.

The Grim Repair likes this.
  4. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I am using a Samsung GT-N8010 10 inch with Android 4.1.2 (cannot update it further than this version).

Quite possibly it can be my tablet which is getting too old.

5. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

The device I am using the most is the Samsung GT-N8010 10 inch with Android 4.1.2.

It is happening with the following accounts:

Dutch Floater
    #SLHRTPJN

Flintje
    #JFTKLVCF

Thanks!

The Grim Repair likes this.
  6. The Grim Repair

Will see tomorrow what we can advise you :)

7. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Sounds like a RAM issue. The game uses so much ram, the keyboard is another process which uses RAM, there's not enough so the app crashes

8. The Grim Repair

There’s is a current issue with guild chat not working properly - so I think this might be related. It’s going to be fixed soon - I’ll update then and let’s see if that solved it :)

9. Miika

Miika Game Lead

There are 2 issues in play here:

1. Game crashing when typing. We investigated the crash reports and it appears Samsung has a bug in their old keyboard implementation. We are seeing these crashes happening only for Samsung users with 4.1 and 4.2 Android version. Unfortunately we can't really affect this issue as the crash happens inside the operating system code.

2. Not being able to chat with some people. This is caused by a bug which currently prevents chatting with guild mates who are not your friends. This will be fixed hopefully soon but in the meanwhile you can just add those persons also as your friend to talk with them.

10. Chrystal

Chrystal New Member

Hi grim reaper
    I’m also having trouble with my guild chat, only some of the members can see my chat, most of them are not seeing my stuff and I am not seeing any of the chat from them.
    This is an ongoing problem from months ago.
    Thx please get this fixed

11. Chrystal

Chrystal New Member

Hi grim reaper
    I’m also having trouble with my guild chat, only some of the members can see my chat, most of them are not seeing my stuff and I am not seeing any of the chat from them.
    This is an ongoing problem from months ago.

8cb34bd2-f82d-4db3-9ea0-aab549f11882