1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

problem for new members who start vs mk4 and mk5

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by °matador°, 27 Feb 2018.

Tags:
  1. °matador°

°matador° New Member

I started playing yesterday. Now, with 900 infamy, i fight against mk4 and mk5 (with T4 epic items) that remain under 1000 infamy only for lottery quests. it's almost impossible having fun and grow up.

2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

This is an issue for a lot of people, but there hasn't been a good solution yet to massive infamy tankers. You'll just need to patiently upgrade your ship until you can move your infamy up. The best way to do this now is to join a guild that completes 24+ quests every week so you can get guild rewards. Good luck!

Babablacksheep and °matador° like this.
  3. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Here's some thoughts:
    • Take some solace from the fact that you level VERY quickly at those levels... you're enemies do not. You'll get up to the place where I am now reasonably quickly. I'm in a M4 fighting against M5/6 enemies. It's still grossly outmatched, but not nearly as bad as what you're experiencing.
    • Work on green items early. Bank your blue items. Buy all the green parts in the store and use them for upgrades. By the blue parts you can afford and bank them.
    • In general, don't ugprade to the next grade (uncommon -> rare -> epic ) until you have 4 copies of the next tier up. That's because there is a LOT of overlap in weapon power so a Rare-40 is almost identical to an Epic-30.
    • Don't let your infamy get too high. You'll just get matched against progressively more ridiculous opponents. Instead, just settle into a nice, steady grinding rhythm that encourages fast matches and low stress. Grind gold/sugar. Buy parts. Upgrade.
    • Be wary of the "seal clubbing penalty". Yes, this hits normal players all the time. Keep tabs on your all-time career max infamy. If you drop 800 points below that you are well and truly screwed unless your career high wasn't your best.
    • Consider a speeder/enforcer. Speed is really the only defense against enemies that can one-shot you with most of their weapons. Failing that, I used dual turbos on my shooter to good effect. Try to have a speed of 1.5 or better which is enough to drive you out of most mortar rings and avoid most sniper shots if you drive well.
    • Try to focus on how fun the actual combat part of Battle Bay is. Yes, the matchmaking is a disaster but it gets better as you cross level 30.

*JAWS*, PallabKumarS and The Otherguy like this.
  4. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

It sounds easier than it really is.

5. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

i hate it when newbies expect to reach world #1 on the ladder with mk1.

6. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I need to make a longer post on the overlap levels, but to add to this:
    Buy an Uncommon version of what you like as soon as possible. Not only are Uncommons far better than Commons, with Green items being easy to get from Star Crates and the new Weapon Achievements, you want to have those duplicates available.

Ditto for Rare items - although they're a bit tougher to get a hold of through Premium Crates or the 100K-damage achievements, you can also get them from combining pieces or just being lucky with your crate openings. If you can overflow your gold to buy a Rare, do it and get that thing built up in preparation for a duplicate.

Epics, on the other hand, are often a bit of a trap for new players. Yes, they seem exceedingly powerful, and they're able to hold two perks from the get-go which helps especially with the guild raffles making perks widely available. But unless you can find a duplicate, they'll often get stuck at Epic Level 10 - which gets beaten by a Rare Level 20. In addition, they're much more expensive, both in the gold cost of parts and the sugar per level.

*JAWS* and Snapshot like this.
  7. Snapshot

I agree completely. So far the only epics I have upgraded are those for which I didn't have the appropriate rares. Even then they had to be in the list of "Stuff I know I won't regret" like bandages or turbo. I even have my 4th epic flare but I'm in no huge rush to upgrade it. As you say, it'll be hugely expensive and my R40 flare is still pretty effective. I have better places to spend my upgrade resources.

The mistake I made was moving too quickly into rares rather than upgrading the uncommons. I didn't really understand how [relatively] hard it'd be to get the duplicates and how seldom you get blue parts from the store at lower levels.

Da Carronade King likes this.
  8. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Snapshot, how the hell did u get a rare level 40 flare so quickly, more to the point how the hell do u have tier 4 evolution for burnice when I cant even get tier 2 ( its sad as I just got like so many th epic flare).
    I had like 6 epic missiles but I couldnt use them so I scrapped them.

9. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Dont scrap epics ever early on. U dont know which weapons u will like best in future.

It would be better for u to take longer to upgrade weapons. Then scrap a weapon u later wish u hadnt scrapped.

Keep them all.

Join a guild.

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  10. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Lol, a bit too late, I have been scrapping for 6 months lol, but taking my training for flare up is going to take a long tme, so I just scrapped lol. While it isnt good to scrap, I used to do it as it regularly got legendary red pieces, these days I cant get out of the habit

11. Snapshot

For the gear I'm a packrat so I have lots of dupes of everything. On Burnice, I don't know. She takes as long as she takes to train. She wasn't even a main focus of mine early on so she needed a lot of catch-up.

Could it be that you're limited on gold/sugar and I'm not because I grind?

12. °matador°

°matador° New Member

Never said that. Just report my problem. :)

13. Snapshot

Don't worry.. .most of the older players have no clue what the lower infamies are like. I just made a push recently to go past my previous limit of about 1400 and to my amazement I actually think battles got easier rather than harder.

14. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Lol I scrap to survive, I scrapped my tier 4 Big Bertha cause I knew I would never use it agin.

15. °matador°

°matador° New Member

16. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I play a Mk2 Enforcer/Speeder at around 1200 on my alt account. Believe me, I know how fragile I am, and I needed to adjust my playstyle accordingly. Shooter/Defender isn't an option unless you're planning to fit Sniper/Railgun/Long Range Mortar, and Fixer you're one lucky torpedo away from Davy Jones' Locker. Best bet is to be a yellow boat, shark around waiting for an opening, and then dive a wounded ship to finish it.

Or just sneak around back and harass their Fixer.

PallabKumarS likes this.