1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Power cells are overabundant

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Yestlermania30, 30 May 2018.

1. Yestlermania30

Yestlermania30 New Member

Anyone else getting sick of getting power cells from chests, raffle, and scraping items. I have over 5000 of common and uncommon power cells that I never going to use and I have 450 rare power cells which I most likely never going to use it all. It doesn't take that many power cells to evolve an item. We should have option to sell it off excessive amount of power cells for gold, at the current state getting common and uncommon power cells might as well be getting nothing.

2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I need this.

Bradley Thorinsson likes this.
  3. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

Power cells don't even have any purpose in the game in the first place other than being another wall to halt your progress.

Jumppanen, Ultrah, Spinners71 and 3 others like this.
  4. Yestlermania30

I agree, it shouldn't in the game in the first place. At this point, we all know it is not going away but at the very least we should have the option to sell off power cells for some golds.

5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Common and Uncommon power cells are 100% useless, I have 15k of them. The people that run into Rare power cell issues are the ones who T5 their Rares (me!), but most seem to jump to Epics too early. Had I done that I'd still be waiting for an Epic equivalent of a T5 Rare weapon... after 1 year of playing! That's also the reason I haven't yet run into issues with Epic cells.... nothing to upgrade.

6. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Would you prefer a underabundant supply of powercells? Just wait until you get epic items buddy, I still get excited when I get a epic power cell.

7. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. Every time I get up to 30 or 40 epic cells, it disappears. Rovio should let the players converting to higher rarity to make lower cells not useless.

Jumppanen, ShipCrusherCz and Sifa like this.
  8. Yestlermania30

I don't know how you manage to run out of power cells of any rarity, the only things I always run out are parts, sugars, or golds but never power cells unless you are paying $$$ to get your items upgrade as quickly as possible then I can see you might have trouble keeping up power cells on hand.

9. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Almost every player I know who has been playing this game for more than a year is suffering from the lack of epic power cells. You actually get epic duplicate items much faster than you get power cells.

At the moment I have my inventory full of epic items I can't even think to upgrade because I would run out of power cells really fast. Getting epic item to t5 (lvl 41) costs something like 2,2k epic parts, 14k rare parts and 4,5m sugar. I can farm all that in some one month or so. BUT IT ALSO COSTS 100 EPIC POWER CELLS - and those take way more than one month to get.

10. Yestlermania30

How did you manage to get all the parts so quickly to upgrade your items that you manage to run out of power cells or did you just upgrade your items with pearls?

11. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

No season rewards are good in ace 1 and nightmare league. Plus rare parts are abundant, epic parts are still less in number but epic powercells are really pain in neck to get every T5 evolution takes 100 powecells.

12. Yestlermania30

I am in Ace 1 league and I still have hard time finding enough rare parts for my upgrade, I have to depend on the market with good shipment either 200 or 400 rare parts to buy.

13. Virdis

Virdis New Member

Even "free to play" player suffer that "epic power cell" shortage.. Can't upgrade any epic items.

14. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Maybe you didn't fully understand my first post so I try to make myself more clear. New players don't usually understand the shortage of epic power cells later in the game because they haven't yet gathered enough duplicates to get significant amount of items to higher tiers. But when you get something like 10 or more (random) epic items every month, sooner or later you will get those duplicates and start to face this problem. Now I understand your point that parts are also expensive but in the end they are much faster to obtain also for f2p players.

If you think what is the limiting factor for upgrading your items, let's start from the basics.

Upgrading epic item from lvl 1 to lvl 41 (t1 to t5) requires:
    - 6 epic items
    - 2 159 epic parts
    - 14 084 rare parts
    - 22 876 uncommon parts
    - 25 747 common parts
    - 4 450k sugar
    - 2 285k gold
    - 100 epic power cells

Now try to think how long it takes to get each of these things. I don't know about you but I could probably get all those parts in something like one month if I use most of my gold to buy them in the shop. Here free daily chests and guild raffle should also help you big time. Gold and sugar are never really a problem, you get that much very easily if you battle and do weekly quests actively. 6 epic items usually take something like 2-3 weeks to get - of course they are random but in long run those required duplicates will simply accumulate in your inventory before you even notice. That's why items might be the limiting factor at first but usually not later in the end-game. Now then there are 100 epic power cells, which can take a preetty long time to get. I can only estimate, tho, since I never actually measured this but I would guess that it can take anything between 2-3 months to get 100 of them. It's pretty damn slow progress and you can only speed it up if you actively scrap some of the epic items - which is usually something you don't want to do.

Jumppanen likes this.
  15. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

This is the chart for evolving the epic. Everything you need.
    Screenshot_20180530-145331_01.jpg

What's Up Player likes this.
  16. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Sure you all may run out of epic power cells, but what about common and uncommon ones? They are practically useless once you start getting rares, and just keep taunting you when you get them in the guild raffle. Not that I'm asking for them to become more important/necessary in item evolving or any other part of the game; but it would be great if we could, like what Yestlermania30 said in the first post, convert them into other commodities like sugar and gold so they at least have some use.

Highly doubt the devs will do anything though, since common and uncommon powercells is the game's way to pretend to give you free stuff when they don't actually want to give you anything at all.

Last edited: 30 May 2018
    ElMataC, Ultrah and Vile Kyle like this.
  17. Yestlermania30

I have been playing Battle Bay since it first release on Android and I have been playing at least 2 hours every day. I always have hard time find enough parts to upgrade my rare or epic items once I reach the level to evolve my item I always have enough power cells to do it although I only have small handful of epic items, so far I manage to reach lvl 50 on epic sniper cannon and stuck at lvl 40 on epic explosive cannon (missing 1 epic explosive cannon to evolve to next level), lvl 3 epic repair bolt, and a few lvl 10/20 epic items. It takes me longest time to upgrade items with enough parts rather than power cells. Currently I am at level 44 with this much parts and power cells.
    6558 common parts
    4655 common power cells
    5763 uncommon parts
    5476 uncommon power cells
    3194 rare parts
    452 rare power cells
    717 epic parts
    242 epic power cells
    120 legendary parts
    33 legendary power cells

18. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    But the noobs have nothing to evolve their items with if Common and Uncommon Powercells are removed.

Bradley Thorinsson likes this.
  19. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Conversion between rarities would be useful to me.

Bradley Thorinsson and Sifa like this.
  20. ErnestEgret

ErnestEgret Active Member

You know it's funny... We were ptomprom a long time ago that there was an upcoming update that would make powercells more important to the game... Fairly certain it was miika.. but I won't guarantee that.