1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Poor matchmaking.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Capt. Blaster, 26 Aug 2018.

?

Is Battle Bay matchmaking fair??

Poll closed 2 Sep 2018.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt. Blaster

Capt. Blaster New Member

2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

my tips:
    • always avoid mines
    • change your setup, you have two torpedoes+mortar+cannon, it's recommeneded to not have more than 50% of your setup made of torpedoes and/or mortars, replace one torpedo or mortar (I would replace tri torp, that's only my personal opinion), use another cannon or grenade, carronade or railgun
    • lead your torpedoes and mortar shots more, you can only stationary target without manually aiming your shots
    • don't fire torpedoes at point-blank range, torpedoes htorpedoes have arming distance so you should not go too close to your enemies
    • practice makes perfect, play more and upgrade your items and you should gain infamy
    please share more more replays, losses if possible

What's Up Player likes this.
  3. Capt. Blaster

Capt. Blaster New Member

Usually I use triple torpedoes at the start, firing 3 sets off. I set 1 set off, move forward slightly, set another set off, repeat so you have a spray effect, and no 2 sets of torpedoes covering the same ground. I was using only the triple, but our guild had swift torpedo as a quest, so I added it in place of my level 30 uncommon blast cannon. But that was last week.
    I usually use my mortar either lead of the opponent when a team mate when they use theirs, or behind, depending on which way the ship is going(forward lead, or trail on their reversal from a tmate's mortar, napalm, etc.
    Thanks for the tips.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. Capt. Blaster

Capt. Blaster New Member

You're saying putting mk4s up against an mk2 isn't seal clubbing? When the mk2 lasts 40 seconds and 2 shots, and the guy is out? That must be extremely thrilling!
    Also, you may be able to have whatever for weapons, but what good is any item, until it has been levelled 20 times? You won't get it levelled past 10 until you do crew training.

5. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Mk4s being matched up with mk2s is not sealclubbing because they are not purposefully losing infamy to get easier opponents, but they happen to be around the same infamy, because even though the mk4 has a better ship, the mk2 has more skills or better combination of items. My alt at mk2 is at higher infamy than my alt at mk4 for some reason, but I'm not sealclubbing on the mk4. What's the point of infamy if you're only battling people around your level?
    And mk4s don't usually two shot mk2s.

6. Capt. Blaster

Capt. Blaster New Member

Rovio makes it impossible to compete without having to buy, and the prices on this game, I can buy the best ship on Battle of Warships and max out my weapons, speed, & HP FOR LESS THAN 40% of what I have spent on this game. This week, I have spent about $50 on BOW, and have a Yamato, got it maxed out, and never have to buy another ship again. And the PROGRAM FOR MATCHMAKING IS SPOT ON! It's all about the strategy of the game. Most times getting down to the nitty gritty, last 2 ships on each side battling out for a win!!!

7. Capt. Blaster

Capt. Blaster New Member

And if that sounds like a gamer review, it's not, I charge $100 for those!!!

8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I think @SeaNavy has answered the question about whether Mk4 facing Mk2 is sealclubbing quite well. (He should know, he’s fighting With. It’s ships at the moment). As he says as long as both are playing fairly and are at similar infamy then the both deserve to fight each other and should have an equal chance of winning (better skill vs better gear). Obviously there are circumstances where (in ranked) some players deliberately drop infamy, and that is a something that should be reported if it is noted in the game.
    The system in place for events is flawed at the moment due to issues with the gear scores of certain items. I think that more work if needed on those. But ultimately, if these issues were fixed (ie training scores and gear scores) then event matchmaking would be perfectly fair and it would be a players individual skill which affected the outcome. Low skilled players would still have low win rates, and high skill players would have high win rates, and their would still be scope for experimentation but without unfair advantage being gained.

9. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    That’s because this game requires a lot grinding and dedication.
    And you don’t have to spend to compete. I’m a f2p and I’m at 3.5k infamy after playing for less than a year.

10. Capt. Blaster

Capt. Blaster New Member

I never said they were, but the guy that is an mk2 with maybe 1100 hit points, doesn't stand a chance, and 30 seconds in, 1 team is down 1 guy, while 3 mk3s and 2 mk4s now face the 2 mk4s, and 2 mk3s, and the 5 on 4 quickly becomes 5 vs me, and of course, Their 5 ships kill me off quick.
    A fair matchmaking should drain down to 2 vs 2, plain and simple!

11. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

You're talking about a hypothetical match/situation. This wasn't what happened in the game you shared. There but were many mk2s with higher infamy than your MK4.
    https://replay.battlebay.net/MTJCHPNM#KBDHLNMQ
    I'm not saying that the situation you describe doesn't happen, but it certainly doesn't happen every game as your own replay proves.

The only time I would expect most matches to drain down to 2v2 are low skill, can't miss mobile games. Battle Bay is much more complex, better game than that.

12. Capt. Blaster

Capt. Blaster New Member

Are you on drugs? Because he never explained any of that. He just came up with some crock excuse of why 1 ship isn't losing purposely. Which I never said they were. I said that it's Seal clubbing when the mk2 lasts for 2 shots vs an mk 4.
    And I posted not about seal clubbing in the 1st place! I posted saying that the matchmaking formula they use is severely flawed!

13. Capt. Blaster

Capt. Blaster New Member

No, games that come down to 2 vs 2 show me that the 2 teams were pretty even overall! When you get a 5-1, it shows me that the 5 that won had an edge, be it in weapons, or hit points, the 2 teams should, when properly matched get to 2 vs 2, or very close to it, like 3 vs 2, 2 vs 1. When 1 team blows away the other, it shows me that the teams are mismatched, or 1 sided!

14. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

or that weapons and hp are not everything:rolleyes:
    how would you balance teams in terms of skill
    even the team with weaker items and ships can win if it has more skilled players or if they co-operate well

What's Up Player likes this.
  15. Capt. Blaster

Capt. Blaster New Member

You all seem to back Rovio up on this, where this company has only this game where matchmaking is even required!
    Rovio is best known for platform games. Other companies have been matchmaking through 8-10 games, and you call them weak, when they are true and tested over and over and over!

ROVIO is not getting another dime from me until the matchmaking is fair, and each side has just as much chance!

16. SeaNavy

???
    How is it sealclubbing when the person is not losing on purpose? Sealclubbing is when someone deliberately does something to face easier opponents. And mk2 does not last only two shots against mk4 95% of the times.

17. Capt. Blaster

Capt. Blaster New Member

Infamy means crap in this game, because when you lose, you lose 24, and when you win, gain 24. But when you have 0 and lose, you stay at 0.
    They need to open up the negative number, so it would truly be a measure of skill! But then everyone (with the odd exception) would be minus, because even the high infamy players are only winning 40%+/- .

18. SeaNavy

It's impossible to get to 0 infamy because of the bots, even if you do nothing, you win.
    And the 40% win rate doesn't mean that the other 60% is losses. There are draws as well. Also, it also takes event battles into account, so it's not accurate.

19. Capt. Blaster

Capt. Blaster New Member

IT'S SEAL CLUBBING, BECAUSE MOST MK2S ARE DEAD 40 SECONDS IN! WTF do you think it's called seal clubbing? The seal has no chance and either does the mk2

20. Capt. Blaster

Capt. Blaster New Member

Yo
    I give up, you don't read, you scan what you want to, then reply based on what you figure.
    Me and my credit card will be happy with the matchmaking in Battle Of Warships!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.