1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Poll] Seal clubbing and Infamy regulation against rules of fair play

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Inflatable Sub, 23 Mar 2018.

?

What do to on short term about infamy penalty?

1. Leave it, it’s a good tool against Seal Clubbers

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. It could change but is fine for now

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. It’s unfair and should be adjusted in the coming updates

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Get rid of it now, and let’s work on other solutions.

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  5. [additional info] I am victim of the penalty

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. [additional info] I regulate my infamy

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    This would all be solved by each ship having their own infamy.

2. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Can you make it so we can pick more than 2 of the poll options? I was a victim of this earlier this year, and I am also, in response to that, now regulating my infamy by maining 3 different ships instead of 1. I don't lose on purpose, I just know my fixer shows better results than my shooter and speeder, so I'm basically dragging them up with me over time until they can compete with my fixer's strength. So in addition to picking both of the additional information options, I would also like to vote for whether or not I think it's fair.

3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I voted to get rid if it and fix the root cause because too many innocents are being affected. I'll restate at least part of what I've proposed in many other threads.

1. Get rid of seal clubbing incentives. This alone will fix the issue. Battle rewards based on infamy is an easy solution.

2. Smooth out the infamy graph. Instant-infamy changes allow someone to drop hundreds of infamy in an hour and then re-gain it by seal clubbing all the way back up within a single session. Instant gratification is what makes it fun for players to game the system because of #1. It frustrates good players having a bad day to see their infamy drop hundreds of points. Even worse, these wild infamy swings result in highly inaccurate matchmaking. If everyone in the match was up or down 300 infamy points on the day, doing matchmaking by infamy is fraught with issues. It may look accurate that second, but in reality the balance could be thousands of infamy off. It's exceedingly difficult to try to fix the core issue by manipulating matchmaking, which would, by necessity, involve smoothing out infamy calculations. So just do it. 30-Day SMA?

PastelPiku likes this.