1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll for upcoming balance update

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by ●H€ll-Blad€●, 29 Aug 2018.

Tags:
?

What does the bay want for balanced gameplay

Poll closed 12 Sep 2018.
  1. buff Defenders

41.5%
  2. buff fixers

24.5%
  3. buff frost items

50.9%
  4. buff morters

22.6%
  5. Nerf Tesla shield

47.2%
  6. Nerf flair gun

34.0%
  7. nerf blast cannon

5.7%
  8. Nerf sniper

18.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'll make myself clear since my last post was really bad in terms of clarity.
    Speeder needs to be looked into for a buff. Enfo definitely needs a nerf to double bubble, I'll say that as an enfo main.
    Something needs to change with fire as well, but I don't know what. I'm also a fire combo main. Shooter will automatically balance itself, I'm not overly worried about it. It's a good ship, but FB spamming is kinda OP imho.
    Frost needs to get back into the metagame.

But let's see what the next update brings to the table, I'll not comment on this issue till then at least.

2. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

If a player wants to switch to another ship -- a shooter and defender are basically interchangable (with items and crew talents). The enfo and speeder are with each other as well.

Then you have 3 categories of players: Shooter + Defender, Enfo + Speeder, and Fixer. The bb-stats shows it's close to 40/40/20 - so that's good.

But, interestingly, the leaderboard is 65-70% yellow, 20-23% red/blue, and 10-15% green ..

So, apparently, if you chose the red and blue team - and you wanted to win - you probably chose wrong ..

Last edited: 31 Aug 2018
    Nicolas and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

I agree on your division. Personally, I'm trying to use four ships at once(it REALLY doesn't work out well. At all). However, it's not like the endgame is all yellow. I think that the issue here is, speeders and enfos are, by virtue of repositioning potential, natural at carrying teams that they wouldn't be able to win with, under certain conditions. People can argue that this is the case for every ship, however, yellow boats have a set of conditions that is, simply because of their repositioning capability, wider than the reds and the greens and the blues.

Can we say that this is the actual reason for a better leaderboard position for the yellow boats?

4. xArrogance

100% agree with speeders .. With speed, you can choose when to engage and for how long .. or you can force draws when you need to.

The Enfos are using an OB and shields w/out a turbo, so I'm not sure they can outrun me (or as easily) .. but I can't say for sure. They're not usually running.

They have 2 shields and similar hit points as my mk7 shooter with a max epic big and small shield (with all leg and epic HP perks) :confused:

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. xArrogance

The TS balance is fairly simple.. or it would be with an updated skill tree ;)

Full damage potential vs full HP potential - same level and rarity. EC has the option of damage and fire perks. The TS has the option of HP and duration perks.

4 dmg perks breaks 4 HP perks
    3 dmg / 1 fire breaks 3 HP / 1 Duration, but not 4 HP
    And so on ..

If you want to use fire perks, you risk not being to break a TS .. if you want longer duration, then you risk weaker ECs popping your bubble ..

6. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I still think Devs will just nerf Tesla Shield HP.

It would be like:
    • If you want as much HP as you used to before they introduced HP perks (it was relatively balanced back then), just use all HP perks, but you'll have shorter duration.
    • If you want as much duration, use duration perks, nothing changes here.
    Now they have both, loads of HP and long duration. Making them to chose one would balance tesshields in my opinion.
    (Basically what you wrote, I just posted another option to make this happen) :).

ShipCrusherCz and xArrogance like this.
  7. xArrogance

For fire - fire damage should stop ignoring defense .. each tick should take defense into account, like how each projectile on missiles or carronade gets affected. Bigger ships have more defense, but they're so much easier to hit .. it balances out. I use both the Flare and FB, so I know how rediculous they are. And, I do feel bad for Defenders when I see 47 burning symbols floating over their ship.

For frost - cut down the slow by 50-67% (because 90% or whatever is just plain dumb), but stop removing the entire effect at the first bit of damage.

And, speeders are fine .. They choose the outcome of any 1v1 match (other than against other speeders) ..

What's Up Player likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

For the first, I think we should be careful with defence. A maxed defence loadout would be near unkillable on a defender without fire ticks. I think the healblock mechanic for the flare needs a change. Also, the firebomb(and all other mortars for that matter) need distinct, real-time mortar circles. This will actually solve many problems. Idk about the spam, however. I'm not experienced against spam tbh, because I mostly play yellow boats(entirely yellow boats in ranked).

Your frost suggestion is actually very good. Reducing effect strength after the first hit will add to the skillshot potential for the frost combo, as well as give ships some room to maneuver before they get hit.

Speeders... Not really. I agree with you in that, at the end of the match, where the chips are down, speeder does still shine. But as many speeders might know, speeders don't generally survive that long. We usually end up dead taking out high priority targets mid-match even if we are skilled.
    Your point holds water for sure, however. Speeder does not need a buff that allows it to survive for that long, since it really controls the way that the match ends. However, as I said before, giving it a turn speed boost would be a good enough buff. I've played a lot of rudder speeder in the past, and it turns into a whole different ship when the rudder is on. This will work well because the turn speed boost incentivizes a close combat playstyle, giving high reward for high risk. So if players wish to use the speeder's strong point, they have to take bigger risks instead of running away. So that they will have the option to control the end of the match, but it will not be incentivized as much.

Hokuse likes this.
  9. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

To clarify: Nightmare League is dominated by yellows (mainly enforcers).

Enforcer:
    • Main ship for 38.5%+ of players above 4500
    • Some players are capable of reaching 5k+ within 24 hours after infamy reset using an enforcer
    • When these ppl reach/secure a position in nightmare they switch to other ships (mainly shooter) to contribute to guild quests.

Shooter:
    • Main ship of 27.6% of players above 4500 infamy
    • Some players are capable of reaching 5k+ within 48 hours after infamy reset, but most shooters need one week to break 5k
    • They rarely switch to another ship

Fixer:
    • Main ship of 17.7% of players above 4500
    • Many fixes are capable of reaching 5k within 24 hours after infamy reset
    • They switch to shooter for guild quests

Defender:
    • Main ship of 0.12% of players above 4500
    • Some special cases like Grand_Paladin can reach 5k within 48 hours after infamy reset, but other defenders need at least 7-9 days to break 5k

Speeder:
    • Main ship for 15.8% of players above 4500 infamy
    • Some speeders are capable of reaching 5k+ within 24 hours after infamy reset
    • Similarly, some speeders switch to shooter/enforcer for guild quests

To clarify: Speeder is op, but it's much easier for ppl to gain infamy using an enforcer. More than 20% of enforcers used to be speeders before ex-cannon nerf.

Im an old nightmare players, and I was one of the top players in nightmare for more than 4 months (Always in top25). I know everyone in nightmare league, so I know their main ship/setup...
    I manually checked the list of players above 4500. I calculated all percentages listed in this thread.
    @TheAntiSnipe
    @xArrogance

Last edited: 31 Aug 2018
  10. xArrogance

I've played speeder and I understand how fragile they can be .. but I'm used to playing against the top speeders in the game and they're already near impossible to kill.

I probably hit 80+% of my shots and usually know when I'm going to miss before I let it rip (but still shoot in case they reverse course), but I probably miss 90% of my shots at speeders.

If they nitro, it's a miss (or unregistered hit).
    If they rub a wall, it's a glitchy miss.
    If they pop up a shield, it gets absorbed.
    If they're literally driving through my ship or an ally ship (which is a crap mechanic), I can't hit them with anything other than splash.
    They'll literally sit in the open or sit half in my fixer and work them until they get to half health, speed back to their fixer and be back 30 seconds later.

The only way you can kill a speeder at that level is if they make a mistake - get stuck on a wall, hit a mine, or are double/triple teamed. At mid-range, they can stop on a dime or swerve off.. so most weapons aren't hitting.

Anywho, I don't have an issue losing to speeders with that item/talent level ... but they don't exaxtly need any more help dodging shots until the busted mechanics are fixed imo.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. xArrogance

I think the Flare heal reduction is a good counter for pulse and duct tape .. And it's about the only counter. But, you're right about the max defense .. I still think defense should have some effect - maybe 50% - since defense perks are dead anyways.

Agree 100% on the Fire bomb yolo circle. I think it's getting an area damage buff as well so even the outer most part of the circle can hit for 10 seconds - so removing the area damage could help - assuming the real time circle issues can't be solved.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. xArrogance

Nice work on the stats!

I wonder how much the percentages change if you start at 4800.

13. TheAntiSnipe

Wallglitching definitely needs a fix. About nitro I cannot say, since according to what I've heard from the devs, it's basically a discrepancy between the client and the server.

14. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Buff events
    Buff NML rewards.

15. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    i'm neutral , so leave just like this , no need to buff nor nerf ;)

Mr.Safranek likes this.