1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll for upcoming balance update

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by ●H€ll-Blad€●, 29 Aug 2018.

Tags:
?

What does the bay want for balanced gameplay

Poll closed 12 Sep 2018.
  1. buff Defenders

41.5%
  2. buff fixers

24.5%
  3. buff frost items

50.9%
  4. buff morters

22.6%
  5. Nerf Tesla shield

47.2%
  6. Nerf flair gun

34.0%
  7. nerf blast cannon

5.7%
  8. Nerf sniper

18.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. chat police

chat police Member

Exactly . I see this way too often

Nam_Nam and What's Up Player like this.
  2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

or people who don't know that defender is supposed to be tanky
    not something like mk5 defender with 5k hp, even my mk4 defender has 6k hp:rolleyes:

3. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Buff fixer agility I say and let us spin dohnuts! But seriously trying to turn is dire, trying to turn with overboost just isn't happening.

No nerf required.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Flare gun could use a nerf imo. It provides a triple benefit right now.

1) damage
    2) damage buff for other weapons through long duration burn
    3) heal reduction

It would still be a great weapon with 2 of these points, all 3 is just too much. Especially since as a fixer you have no way of countering the heal reduction.

I'm not sure. It's slow, but aren't all ships' base agilities slow except the enforcer's?

5. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

Why there is no "buff teslo bolt"option?

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  6. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    tesla bolt is very useful if used strategically and teammates dont ruin it by attacking a stunned opponent

JoshW likes this.
  7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

They aren't OP at all. I spent the entire night trying to complete a quest with 3 Missiles and I nearly gave up because I was consistently finishing with 50% of my normal overall damage. In fact I pulled off a Milssile from my boat because I needed something better... they miss SO often!! More often than not it was one or two missiles graze a boat for consistently less damage than a lower-level LRM. I was seriously considering replacing one with the worst weapon in the bay: Standard Mortar. If you guys ever see me on the bay with a Standard Mortar, you'll know I'm doing it out of spite.

8. HappyUnicorn789

HappyUnicorn789 Well-Known Member

I feel frustrating playing defender even I can have 22k HP. It's just not that fun anymore

9. Tobias Åström

Tobias Åström New Member

Pls, no :(

10. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Missies are one of the more difficult weapons to use if you don' know what you'e doing. Missiles spread more the more you are moving + the distance to the target. WaveBlower made an excellent missle guide somewhere on the forums.

Reorge likes this.
  11. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

Yes defenders need a buff but at moment defense is mostly useless. Knocking 100-150 max off a shot or torpedo that does nearly 3k damage is pathetic. Damage from weapons has evolved but defense rating is stuck in ice ages.

Hardly anyone goes for defense anymore as hp is way more useful cause at least healers can replace it(yes I know a few use defense )

12. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I never run defender because I have hardly received shields from item piece combos. With the issues from NML reset I'm playing against Ace league shooters with more hp than my defenders max hp with all shields equipped lmao. And the mk6 defenders with 15k at my level are just ridiculous.

Imho until they fix the current matchmaking issues it's impossible to see if any buffs/nerfs are even necessary.

13. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

@Miathan I don't know the stats to be fair but they're very low. Only the banana boats excel. I think the fixer would be the prime candidate to make a happy medium for that void. Imo it's a reasonable adjustment to aid survivability without boosting HP or our blue slots.

On a complete tangent.. Being that it's green, it's in my opinion the illegitimate reject love child from an affair with the defender and speeder that takes the worst features. Massive hit box, slow speed, terrible agility, lowest health pool, lowest damage output.

Sure we can overboost/nitro but then we're listening to elevator music whilst we turn our fat @$$ around. Sure we can tape but at a fair expense to healing output.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  14. :Beardman:

:Beardman: Active Member

What about flare? Almost every boat uses a flare for bubbles. I hate getting tagged with them.

Reorge likes this.
  15. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

What about the flare?
    In my experience flare isn't great against bubbles. Most people run flare for the cannon combo but that isn't possible against a double bubble user. And if you'e running speeder or enforcer with a flare cannon combo you are utterly screwed lol

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.
  16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

IMG_20180831_065224.jpg Nobody's talking about a speeder buff, and people are all, "Ooh nerf enfo" when 37.8% of the top league in the game is running... Shooter?

Seems legit
    I know that many of your guys are gonna say that it's the best counter to enfo, but I also find it odd that the enfo as it is right now is just 3.4% above it's ideal ship ratio.

17. ROYAL SINKER

ROYAL SINKER Member

Why...? I'm currently using mk6 difender

18. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Just run all mines, seems like that's what every mk6 defended I get on my team runs lmao

19. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Overuse could be an indication of something being too powerful.

Although ... it seems like including all the f2p/casual players that couldn't play another ship and set of items if they wanted to -- without dropping thousands of infamy anyways -- isn't the best way to judge ...

If we're looking for something powerful, we could look at the top of the leaderboard and see if anything stands out ....

Top 10: 50% Enfo; 20% Spdr; 20% Shtr; 10% Fixer
    Top 20: 40% Enfo; 25% Spdr; 15% Shtr; 15% Fixer; 5% Dfndr
    Top 30: 47% Enfo; 20% Spdr; 20% Shtr; 10% Fixer; 3% Dfndr

The Enforcer is at 50% .. And the shooter is right at its ideal ship ratio (20%) .. Interesting.

Why is the Defender so underrepresented?

Hmm .. Defenders still wreck shooters, fixers and speeders .. so I wonder if sacrificing all their projectiles to the bubble god makes them ineffective

Last edited: 31 Aug 2018
  20. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

1. top of leaderboard (and also nightmare) is only tiny minority of all players
    2. adjusting everything based on few few players is bad, they're the strongest players in the bay and they have possibility to choose the strongest ship and setup but something strong (or even op) at top might be mediocre or oven underpowered at lower levels
    3. shooters are overpresent at low/mid infamy levels and it should be changed, it's not ok to have in battle 9 of 10 ships shooters, at my infamy, shooter is the the most used ship with probably 70% or even higher use rate and enforcers are really rare here, as used as defender or mor maybe even less
    % and use rates are based on my observations, I will add more but I don't have time to do it now