1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Broken Matchmaking

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by GGodHand, 19 Jul 2017.

?

Does matchmaking need a balance revamp?

1. YES

75 vote(s)
    70.8%
  2. NO

31 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

We need a cod system where everyone has same k/d! *jokes*

2. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Yep. And since tank win rate is your badge of honor, they would inevitably nerf your favorite tank, forcing you to stop playing or risk seeing your win rate take a nose dive.

Last edited: 21 Jul 2017
  3. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Lmao this thread isn't done yet?

4. NAN0NAT3R

NAN0NAT3R Member

They did that to my kv1 when they added the British tanks that had so much penetration and armor. Kind of like how they needed speeders.

5. KiloMeda

KiloMeda Member

I guess I'm just wondering if an MK disparity limit could be implemented. No player in the match can be more than 1 MK higher/lower than any other? This morning I had this game:
    • Everyone is MK3/MK4 all around 550-590 infamy
    • My MK2 at 573 infamy
    • Enemy MK1 at 375 infamy
    How is that fun for the MK1? Not only is he in a game with ships that have 2x the weapons, 2x the Blues, 50%+ HP but his skill/infamy is 50% lower than the average. The match was close, but the MK1 got deleted in 15 seconds. It still feels bad to be in that position even if the game was close. I don't think that feeling should be discounted, especially in regards to the new player experience.

Cyn likes this.
  6. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

This is the kind of disparity that has me curious how exactly the matching system is working. I've been in a lot of battles where the total MK difference in ships was huge. At the end of the match looking at equipment quality, the weaker side didn't appear to have any advantage. Recently, I went up against a team that was 3, 2, 1, 1, 1. We were 3, 3, 3, 2, 2. We knocked all three of those 1's out under 30 seconds. From looking at the matching, it seems like they could have put two 3's on each side, moved a 1 to the opposite side, and it would have been a more even match up.

7. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

Equal chances? How is being on a team with one mk 5 boat fair when the other team has 3 mk 5 boats? The system is unfair when basing matches off infamy. To many plyrs still drop infamy to get their win streaks which is trash and should be monitored. They say it is, but let's be serious it's not. This game is meant for those with deep pockets willing open them up for rovio. PERIOD.......

GGodHand likes this.
  8. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Now it's getting silly. You may not like infamy matchmaking, but how it works is pretty simple. It looks at the pool of players and matches by infamy. MK has nothing to do with it. We are not matched based on boats, captains or items...infamy alone.

I ran an mk4 and went up fairly high in infamy, topping 3 K. So guess what? I played against a lot of boats higher than me.

Look at the thread and it is explained.

Kalbs likes this.
  9. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

That's a very winnable matchup lol

Keep whining or git gud

10. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

5v1.jpg
    3 vs 1 MK5s is easily winnable, even 5 vs 1 is winnable.. (hard, but winnable).
    I like the randomness, make for interesting matches (which need strategies and coordination to win). And.. if you find yourself fighting higher level boats filled with legendary equipment all the time, it basically means your playstyle is better than theirs.

Enemy have 2 fixers and you have none? Press them HARD, rain down burst damage.
    Enemy has 5 MK5s and gold weapons, but you have a fixer? Stay together, play defensively and make them pay for every hit, wear them out.

If they balanced the games by level and type of ships the matches would quickly turn monotone, everything the same, little variety. No reason to play smart, just point & shoot.

Last edited: 25 Jul 2017
    Cool Penguin likes this.
  11. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

Gotcha, how about you drop cc # so I can buy my boat like you did lol

Cyn and GGodHand like this.
  12. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Havent spent a dime, take a look haha

13. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

Just messing w u. ;)

14. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser

Attached Files:

GGodHand likes this.
  15. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

image.png image.png
    Oh please Capt Obvious, the score was 4-5 and that is a good match. A better example of Extremely Poor Match Making is placing my MK4 against MK6s and MK7 and you get blown out 0-5.

Attached Files:

Cyn likes this.
  16. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

Sry for dup pic....thumbnail has 2nd pic.

17. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Winnable :p

Attached Files:

18. TwoHeadedFreak

TwoHeadedFreak Member

Match making is fine. What they need is an intelligence test before they let people play the game. 95% of the games I lose are legitimately because of morons that won't work as a team, want to be the hero or are just too scared to fight.

19. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

Yes there are a lot of idiots that just don't play as a team but the games we are referring to are those that the game matchIng algorithm is placing mk4s against mk7s and the infamy difference is 2k. This should not be allowed to happen.

GGodHand likes this.
  20. Dez Lew

Dez Lew Member

I did the same recently and I agree, I have a seperate account on my ipad where I started a new account and I was constantly being matched against mk2 and mk3 ships or teams with 2 healers and 2 defenders and I had a little grenade launcher and sniper that only hit 100dmg lol, even with all the bots it's just weird. I said this when I first started the game and I still find it true now at 1500 infamy, the matchmaking needs an upgrade.