1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

PLEASE STOP DOING THIS

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Silent Shot, 11 May 2017.

1. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

It's hard to take any shot other than torpedoes...cannon shots generally will hit the targeted enemy/ friendly even with you trying to tank.

2. N1NJ4YT

N1NJ4YT Member

XD right

3. Raissa tito safaraz

Raissa tito safaraz Active Member

Yeah i have a same problem with you! One day when i was trying to aim enemy and i can say that was a perfect shot, suddenly one of my teammate came to front of me and my shot was blocked. I just can be patient and patient and patient T_T

4. Vince

Vince New Member

I'll say this right now yes blocking shots is stupid and you shouldn't do it don't get in the way of your team mates line of shots it's a waste, BUT blocking enemy shots so your team mate doesn't die is also something you should be doing.

I often do that a lot which may be why fixers are blamed for this, during an end of a battle when everyone is low health, the fixer (me) usually ends up with most health. This is because fixers can constantly heal themselves and they usually hide behind the team so they can heal and not end up being targeted and killed. During this moment your allies has almost no health left and they can be killed by the enemy at any second.

I end up getting in front of my allies, this in turn allows me to take the dmg so my team mate doesn't get killed. My ally probably thinks I'm being stupid getting in the way of his shot when that's completely wrong. I'm merely trying to keep you alive. Sure fixers don't have a ton of health but I usually go with my rare shield making be tankier than ur average fixer.

It USUALLY ends with me doing dmg with my one weapon, healing both myself and the ally who's almost dead, and takin the heat until my ally has enough health to damage which I move out of the way and allow him to finish the kill. I don't blame many people for blaming fixers for blocking their shots but just take in consideration how much health you have and why a fixer might be constantly blocking you, THERE IS PROBABLY A GOOD REASON.

Lestiveryn likes this.
  5. aaaxxd

aaaxxd Member

On the first point, one role of fixers is to tank for other players (esp damaged ones), and the best way to do that is to put myself in the firing line. It blocks enemy shots but may block friendlies as well. If you just stay at the back most of the time spamming pulse as a fixer, you are doing your job very poorly.

Also, waves go up and down, and they may suddenly put me in the firing line. This is not something limited to fixers, and I've seen plenty of defenders doing it as well. The game doesn't give us eyes at the back, so part of the burden falls on you to move over.

6. aaaxxd

aaaxxd Member

If true, wouldn't it make the op's rant pointless? Fixers generally tank by making themselves the target. Physically blocking shots play a smaller role, whether as a tank or as a barrier to friendlies.

7. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

I try to protect my shooters and fixers by sitting right next to them putting up my shield it is big enough to protect them too.
    If it is a critically low fixer I will plop myself right on top of the fixer to protect it.