1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Please make this game fun again

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by boagente75, 4 Jun 2018.

1. boagente75

boagente75 Member

Ok, guys, thanks a lot for the update. TDM is fun, but after 2 events, I have seen so many comments within the heavy old players (the players with the names on the menu board in the new map) and many other old players who spent enough time, effort and money into this game are bored. And the reason is not because the game is bad, it is the ANNOYING MATCHMAKING. Seriously if I see names I have never seen before, I don't even wanna play that round anymore, we are in teams with infamies 1500- 2000 even more less sometimes. It is hard to believe that there are not enough matching players. I am still not sure what the dynamics are but there is gear score, there is infamy, there is kill ratio, avg dmg and avg heals are things you can get I guess, come on, get a proper data analyst and write another algorithm. It is enough, and I am not speaking on my behalf only when I say this... Some might object, but I don't care, to be honest, I spent enough money on this game, not as much as some others maybe, but even now after all this negative feelings, still support regular amounts every month. And the ROI is like a joke. it is the worst investment I have ever made at this point. I am ashamed about my stupidity.

*JAWS* and NeptuneGaming like this.
  2. boagente75

boagente75 Member

Oh yes, I didn't mention the 5 shooters vs 5 speeders or 2-3 fixers on each team kind of match making but I guess you get the point.

3. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Okay. Do you have any helpful suggestions to improve the game by your standards?

4. boagente75

boagente75 Member

Well this is a long discussion and I am shooting in the air cause I don't exactly know how match making works at this stage. But these are my immediate thoughts:
    - We know there is gearscore and there is infamy and I guess these 2 factors are looked at for matchmaking
    - Still I see tons of games where infamy wise or gear wise similar boats match but balance of boats are out, like 5 shooters vs 3 shooters and 2 speeders, why not make it balanced? And this happens a lot.
    - Fixer balancing: this is another point which people complain regularly. I understand the extend to 2 fixers but what are those 3 fixer games? And especially 3 fixer vs 2 fixer situations are hilarious. Gear scores and infamies might match but fire power degrades dramatically if you have a fixer instead of a shooter for example.
    - Why am I giving these examples? Because I believe match making should take into consideration following things: Gear score: definitely, but also type of boats to be balanced where possible (if you have 6 shooters and 4 enforcers in one game and all 4 are in the same team it is a bit odd), Kills per battle - actually would be better if we had avg damage per battle metric: this could be used to balance boats out on both sides maybe? Same goes for fixers: is there a possibility to have avg healing per battle for them to add next to avg dmg?
    - This is why I mentioned data analyst, don't know what type of data is analysed apart from the metrics we have in our player stats screen, but the examples I gave above just to start with. Someone can pay and have a good arsenal but still lacking skills doesn't mean it is a balanced game when played vs someone with similar gearscore but better skills, like someone with 5 legendary t3 t4 weapons but only 0.9 K/B ratio against someone with epic t5 weapons but 1.1 K/B ratio - how do you balance that?

So in the current scenario, especially in the beginning of a new season, it is crucial to fleet if you want to secure a better matchmaking in your favour, at least you'd have someone you know on your side, but does it have to be that way? Can we not make it better? I am open for discussion but I do not know how the dynamics work at current state, so I can only make try and error suggestions, mostly based on the stuff I wrote above. I am a sailor, actually used to be an olympic sailor, now just yachting, in yachting regattas, there are normal scores like first finish, etc, but also corrected times based on yacht rating, which corresponds to gear score here, but then again, gearscore of a shooter cannot be matched to a fixer cause they're different categories, I guess this is where we need to improve these ratings with other metric examples I gave.

Ultrah likes this.