1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Please look into the matchmaking

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Mr squiqqle, 24 Jul 2017.

1. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

Please look into the matchmaking. I've been struggling to stay above 3k and I'm now looking at being penalized by your new anti infamy dropping system. Which is completely unfair. I'm at 3k getting matched with 4.5k+players. It's becoming a joke. Look at my history. I'm not dropping. I'm trying EVERY MATCH but still can't rise. Please. I don't want to walk away. But this game is making me want to .
    @Miika
    Thanks
    Mr Squiqqle

Ravindra Singh and BasedCarpen like this.
  2. Mr squiqqle

Screenshot_20170722-143848.png I mean, tell me how this is fair? I know Christmas is a legend, but even he can't do it by himself. But because of his infamy, we 3k players were matches with all 4k players. It's a joke

lolawola likes this.
  3. Mr squiqqle

Screenshot_20170724-165252.png Screenshot_20170724-165235.png

Last edited: 24 Jul 2017
  4. Mr squiqqle

I know we won one of those, but I don't want to be carried, either. I want to be able to actually Win off my own merits and skill, rather than just be the first person killed in every match and then the team winning or losing regardless of what I do or don't do

Last edited: 24 Jul 2017
    HighHammer likes this.
  5. Mr squiqqle

Screenshot_20170724-170812.png it's ridiculous

6. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Haha, it's not my favourite either man.
    I can't fleet up with Christmas and rightfully so, he's sometimes got over 1500 infamy on me, so why are we in the same battles at all?
    That's the silver lining of the golden boys rocketing up the ranks I figure, now they can have my spot in those battles..

7. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

I think they pushed a new matchmaking algorithm over the weekend. Now at around 1800 I'm regularly in games with people between 1000 -> 2200 infamy without people fleeting together. Before this weekend the gap would only be about 400 infamy total. I think they are trying to get the queue time down. Now it rarely takes over 10 seconds to find a match, where before it would be almost 30 seconds sometimes

8. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

You will notice in all these screenshots the total infamy on both sides is pretty even

9. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Players dropping out could be the reason too. MM has to compensate and keeps widening the band of infamy in a game to make sure waits are not too long. We are all seeing huge spreads.

If nothing else, we know it is painful! The only positive for me is that I have seen almost every famous player in the game now. lol

10. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

the problem is, devs dont want to increase waiting time for the top players. but why not?
    for example, even in CoC, players in legend league are literally waiting hours to be offered one base to attack.
    if they widened the mm infamy spread, everyone would experience fairer battles. as of this moment, there is no proper system in place imo. top players keep stomping over lower level players. their infamy keep rising uncontrollably, while everyone else is dropping rapidly.

IF YOU WISH TO STAY AT THE TOP, YOU GOTTA COMMIT TIME!

as this change would be introduced, more players will gain a chance to raise their infamy to fight with the big dogs, and as time goes, the waiting time would naturally decrease because the pool to choose from will be widened. this may also fix the rising number of mk4s at 500 infamy. new players wont get stuck in grey league for half a year and everyone would be able to progress naturally.

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  11. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
  12. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

Sometimes I do feel, matchmaking isn't right....How the hell am I able to win such kind of matches!! Screenshot_2017-07-27-15-43-43.png Screenshot_2017-07-27-15-42-07.png

CrazyFixer likes this.
  13. KypBA

KypBA New Member

Cry, baby, cry! You MUST to walk away! :D

14. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

They really just need to make it so we can fleet with up to 5 guild mates and just assume the highest infamy rating, so those who are willing to wait to play with actual decent players can, or use my previous suggestion of awarding infamy on a scale of placement.

The current system of being teamed up with random yet being punished because they suck and you can't carry the entire fleet isn't fun

15. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Could you describe how this would work in the matchmaking? Who would you be matched against?

16. BasedCarpen

Whoever is in range of your highest members infamy rating

17. Miika

Miika Game Lead

And you don't think these poor random 5 people would not feel like that the matchmaking sucks when they get matched against an organized team which will steamroll them 5-0?

Miathan and ThatOnion like this.
  18. BasedCarpen

I wouldn't, would be fun. You allow teams with two sets of fleets now, I don't see how it's an advantage other than not being dealt floaters or scrubs. It would promote the guild system. Also those fleeting are waiting longer to organize, so it comes at a disavahtage

19. BasedCarpen

Even if they do "steamroll" ahead a few hundred infamy, eventually they'll meet their match. Especially if there is a big disparity in infamy

20. ZipperShock

ZipperShock New Member

This game is such a joke! The way they match up teams is the biggest bunch of s&$# ! Matched up against players with two levels above in weapons and I have data to back it up. Don't get me wrong...I'm more then willing to get beat fairly, but this out of control. Complete BS! There not getting any more money from me...I'm out!

Ravindra Singh and BasedCarpen like this.