1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help defender ship

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jowiee, 22 May 2018.

Tags:
  1. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

it's not realls about this topic but as mentioned before, shooters are overused
    but majority of users of this ship are noob at my infamy
    it's not right when speeder with only two lower level weapons does double the damage of any shooter in his team when they are mk5 shooters with t4 rares and t3 epics
    so yes, shooters are overused but most users don't know how to fully utilize the potential of the ship

2. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

That's the point. They shouldn't go down so easily. They're meant to withstand tons of damage, not die easily like any other ship.

Jowiee likes this.
  3. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

You're wrong. If they wouldn't go down easily, they would have easy time to kill whole team off.
    They'd just rush each time and destroy everyone with ease. Now they have to play smart and wait for the right moment to do so.

I've seen many good Defenders who can do that. I've also seen many bad defenders who can't do that. It all comes down to who is controlling the ship.

And as I said before, MK7 defender needs little bit of buff, because it's not competitive enough on top places. That's all.

4. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Ok guys I’ve got It.

A blue item that is an “emp shield”.
    It is a passive invisible bubble whose sole purpose is to destroy tesla. So if a enforcer drives withing 5m if you it pops his shield.

Optional tweaks, tesla bolt is nulled

Complexities, if they use tesla while already within your invisible bubble they are safe it’s just using it from outside to inside same as tesla shield . Also maybe it can half the damage of railgun as it comes through radius.

*JAWS* and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  5. Djradnad

6. SeaNavy

I never said enough health to last the whole game and finish off every enemy. I just said not as easily as right now. They're meant to have a lot of health. Yet, they struggle to survive longer than the other ships, because they can be killed just as easily, when they shouldn't. And, again, I'm not saying like a 20k HP monster at mk5 or 40k HP at mk7. Just maybe like 10% more health or something.

7. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Maybe it can also nullify tesla bolts.

8. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I'd prefer more, if devs could make a limit for hp or something. Like there's max speed so there would be max hp. Of course defender's one would be unlimited.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  9. Djradnad

Yes I said that XD it can be a talent learned... have you ever noticed the lack of blue items or better yet their lack of talents? You get a guaranteed turbo and gearlube talent and then you get a whopping 2 rudder talents you can pick in exchange for flare damage, or maybe you want to steal hp from your bigshield and give it to your small shield(really doesn’t matter just whichever gives Highest hp)
    woohoo that’s a lot of options for us defenders, oh wait a bandaid! Now my options just got complicated.

Anyways I admit that you can’t get too exciting with blue items that are supposed to be health oriented and passive in nature but give us something else and make it feel like it’s active I want to feel like I can get out there and “use” my items maybe cut someone off with the emp and then blast them, or maybe a fire extinguisher that can help my friends out even, just create it in a passive way like 5s intervals the way bandaid works, if it’s not hp call it defense...

Up against a tesla shield that can create 2k defense and doesn’t take damage from the overkill of the projectile that breaks it (instead it gets tha worthless little stun), that is able to be used at will like a 2k box that you dont even have to pick up, on ship that’s twice the speed and twice as hard to hit with weapons that aren’t much weaker, yet have much better accuracy and cooldown, the defender looks like an inferior being.

P.S. 100 max defense isn’t much of an option either.

Big Mountain, Jowiee and *JAWS* like this.
  10. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

A defender using 3 bandages is not going to be healthy enough. You need to stack up small shields on defender. I have seen 10k mk5 defenders 13k-16k mk6 defenders. You have to make smart choices in talents to maximise your output.

11. SeaNavy

I use all shields + turbo, not bandages.

12. Djradnad

The bandaid works best with defense, but is inneffective when your ship is too slow to dodge fire that’s now just canceling out your bandaid or if it’s a flare with heal readuction you are dying, that’s why I propose also a fire extinguisher, but they necro post about a green item cleanse makes more sense actually and green items need more utility as well imo

Jowiee and *JAWS* like this.
  13. Djradnad

What they should do is combine rudder and gearlube and change everyone’s rudder to this, and then change gear lube to emp pulse/foreextiguisher combo

Jowiee and *JAWS* like this.
  14. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

but they would also need to create cap for damage

15. SeaNavy

Damage is different, it's not a passive stat.

What's Up Player and Djradnad like this.
  16. Djradnad

They basically already have, anytime something does too much damage like the frost torp did the community freaks out and it gets nerfed.

Jowiee and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  17. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

It seems like the devs use the data from the game too 1-dimensionally. They they don’t consider learning curve or other important factors into the game before nerfing it to near underpowered (frost torp, bolt, ex cannon, etc). It’s just not the best way to adjust the game, value players leave and that’s how games die. It needs to make sense to the community as a whole instead of just sitting behind the computer screen looking at high numbers and nerfing. There needs to be community feedback and real live tests.

Personally I think Ex cannon cd needs to be slightly faster, perhaps just 13sec instead of 14.4sec to make sense for defenders.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Maybe projectile speed and range should buff slightly but not cooldown. In the first time i was thinking cd is too much but i see now exp cannon is still very powerful just like before the nerf.

19. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

I think nerfing splash dmg by reducing dmg by 50% was way too much. Makes no sense to use ex cannon. Might as well use blast with faster cd instead since ex cannon cd is too slow and splash dmg too low. Reduce it by 10-20% and increase aoe to 2.5-2.75 would make more sense. Anyways, defenders just aren’t the meta anymore.

20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

They nerfed it to 75% if I'm not wrong, not 50%