1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help defender ship

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jowiee, 22 May 2018.

Tags:
  1. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

it only takes one turbo to max the speed but these poor defenders are too slow just look at them :( big fat and a Big Target

Make The defender Great Again

ShipCrusherCz and Jowiee like this.
  2. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Devs said that defenders are the 2nd most used with highest win rate according to their stats. So they use that 1 dimensional data to determine their decision which is very shallow. Devs need to divide the data into categories (fleet formation, level, rank, mk, infamy, etc...) to determine a wholesome decision.

3. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

Defenders are still good but you have to know how to use them and also have a fixer who knows what they are doing. I've often done games where I take lots of damage but as I have my shields high to reduce damage and double bandages the fixer can keep up. This leaves the rest of my team free to fire away at no risk of being shot! Obviously eventually I die but normally my team kill 2 or more first giving them an advantage and us a win :)

4. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Defender can be good. It take a lot of effort due to their slowness just to be good. They just don’t have much potential to be great and make it to the top like the other boats. This is why defenders need help because the ship and blue slots just are not at par with the other counterparts.

5. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I agree they need a boost, I love the idea of achievements like the weapons have for yellow and blue items. Could be number of wins with big shield and turbo attached, HP healed by bandage etc for blue's and number of ships stunned, bubbles burst and boosts used

6. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Hopefully there will be some for fixers as well cuz we only get one red slot :p

7. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

2 reds at mk 6. Good Fixers are super OP in a good team. They are fine.

8. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

160k dmg from shooters and 150k heals from fixers. If defenders can tank 100k hits or even half of that, I would be happy. Defenders are only tanking 10% of that. See where defenders are lacking even when they try their best?

Attached Files:

9. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    So you're saying there should be unkillable defenders with 100k health?

10. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

As a team yes. 100k dmg and 100k heals were done by two. If 1 shooter can do that 1 defender should be able to tank 50% of that. Defenders only tanking 10% at most 20% with a good fixer.

11. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    A defender with 50k health is essentially unkillable. The 100k damage was done over the period of the entire game. If a defender with half health of that charged into the enemy team 1v5, they would not be able to kill it for probably more than half of the game because they have to focus on enemy team as well, letting the defender destroy everything while being unkillable. And besides, the defender doesn't just take damage, it has 3 weapons as well.
    Also, it is rare for a shooter to do that much damage.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

I know what you mean. I just don’t know the proper % or multiplier. We just know that defenders are lacking all around. If upping the HP is the solution (may ot may not be), then there’s got to be a sweet spot which can reach balance between dmg, heals, and tanking as a team.

13. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    It's already got enough hp as of now. Defenders already can charge in alone into a team already and do a ton of damage, even potentially kill an unfriend (which isn't even the intended purpose of the defender)

14. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Defenders aren’t defending either. Enforcers are tanking way more than defenders. It can do 50-60% of the dmg shooters potentionally can do just like enforcers.

15. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    That's a whole other topic. Besides, enforcers are only OP wth 2 bubbles, which is hard to come by.

16. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

In my league Ace1 and nightmare there’s always a double TS enfo.

xxxBISMARCKxxx likes this.
  17. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Also, if defenders charge in for the kill, it’s a suicide mission. They can’t tank that much. They could take an extra 2 big torps or 1 mine compared to a tanky shooter.

18. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    What I said: "...even potentially kill an unfriend (which isn't even the intended purpose of the defender)"
    Defenders have more defense points as well as health.

19. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Extra 50-60 defense does nothing to dmgs doing 1000-2000-3000-4000 dmg. Doesnt even defend burns.

20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Let this be a reference: I'm not even mk6 yet and I already have two bubbles ready to go, a rare t4 and an epic t4.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.