1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help defender ship

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jowiee, 22 May 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

True speeders will not die to defenders in a heads up match.

2. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    You ain't nerfing my ex cannon any more, buddy. If you want to fix the AOE, shrink the defender.

Although I like your yellow items achievements suggestion. I'm speeder so I NEED that :p

ShipCrusherCz and Jowiee like this.
  3. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I once one 1v3 in my defender but all depends on their cooperation and skills so if you meet skilled players, rip but you can't beat them unless you have enormous hp when comparing to them

4. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

This just proves that they’re failing to take a deeper look into game balance. So many other data they are failing to look into:

- Suicide rate
    - Unskillfulness
    - Data from best players
    - Team combinations
    - Manual testing
    - 1 v 1
    - Top 50, 100, 200
    - Cash players vs F2P

They said shooters had the most because that what everyone starts off trying so that is why there’s an over population of shooters. That just doesn’t sound like a good reason why shooters are over populated.

*JAWS* likes this.
  5. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

If they want more data, they need to profile the users and collect their feedback based on who they are ranked in the game. Ranking players by skill, performance, globally, score etc... They’re so passionate about balance, why are the players more passionate than them?

6. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

Criticism #1: It is unkillable
    Criticism #2: Yolo and Suicide Defenders
    Criticism #3: If anything nerf the defender, it is already just stupidly broken.

7. ShipCrusherCz

shooters might be overpopulated because you have 19 weapons, 6 yellow, 6 blue and only 4 green
    so theoreticaly majority of items you will get are weapons, which ship has most weapons slots? shooters don't have any real meta when it comes to weapons, but for example speeder run fg+blast/ex cannon or bt+something and nitro+ob, fixers tend to limit themselves to bolt, pulse and sometimes box and turbo with bandage or small shield

StrictSalmon307 and Jowiee like this.
  8. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

That does make a lot sense. Shooters don’t have a meta but other other ships kind of do.

Nam_Nam and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  9. ShipCrusherCz

you never equip gear lube on fixer because it's completely useless and rudder is almost same case, you can't equip big shield without wasting one slot so you are really limited to only three blue items
    speeder need at least one nitro and they usualy equip second or over boost and they ad tesla bolt or shield for better short range combat or another nitro or over boost for even more speed

10. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    I just did a Penta yesterday and my 1st 2 kills were speeders. Long live Defenders!

11. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Shooters are overpopulated because as a noob when you get a new epic item, you want to use it, and since you get the most reds, only the shooter can hold them all.
    Lol, unkillable you say? This is what happens when I charge. And I have high health compared to many in my infamy.
    https://replay.battlebay.net/QPYCKBCK#SGPZQWBM
    I died in 9 seconds after the first shot that hit me.

12. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

Well I guess people started to target defenders now. :p:p:p

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

With all due respect, I've seen ~~V~~ go down in, what, 35 seconds? 13k HP. Poof. He's a mk7 btw. In Ace 1. I agree he isn't the best when it comes to aiming, but just the fact that 13k HP goes away in 30ish seconds proves one thing:

Defenders do not need an HP buff. They need something else. They need to play the role of battering ram, HP goes away, they need a stat that doesn't. How about "front armour"? Defenders now take significantly less damage when the shot hits their frontside.

14. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I've seen a 20k defender going down even faster than that on fighthouse but I also saw an entire team going down that fast... I guess every boat can be victim of bad positioning or the enemy team incredible coordination

15. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

Lovely Defender! or Living P0rthos!
    (Still that guy stole my penta) 33301696_964246307076778_7427360814115323904_n.png

What's Up Player likes this.
  16. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

If that happens, that's a defender's mistake for bad positioning. Every ship will go down in few seconds if 5 enemies shoot at it. Defender isn't an exception.

17. ZeroNegativo

ZeroNegativo Member

I don't know, i usually see defender users run right through the map without even trying to seek cover and still it take forever to sunk them down. Try that "strategy" with enforcer or shooter.
    Moreover, i see a lot of defender with double turbo. Why? You have a speed cap, use a gear lube instead if you need to shot at a speeder.
    Why it is little played? Beacuse it is boring. You can move slowly and have only 3 items you can choose to use. Try fixer or Enforcer, a misclick could mean death but still you'll have more fun.

18. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

I wonder what is the role of a defender if enforcers with double bubble can tank much better. Enforcers are faster and more agile, and with the same amount of weapons. I think something is wrong with defenders because of this. Defenders are supposed to be defending but enforcers do a much better job. I’m speaking for end game skilled players. Top Defenders just are not at par not because they lack skill but their ships are nerfed among greatly skilled players. Something is very wrong with this design.

19. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    If you defenders want to be fast, equip turbos. Duh

20. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

It only takes 1 turbo to achieve max speed on the slow defenders. Duh

Rainbow Warrior likes this.