1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Please fix the guild rivalry matches

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BattleRascal, 15 Feb 2018.

1. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    I had a friend like that called Tirth who liked mathematical stuff. He was 13 lol but he was a whizz. He left as schoolwork wa stoo much to bear while playing battle Bay

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Hello fellow weirdo. :)

What did you get your start on?

Mine was Oblivion. When everybody else was content to just level up frivolously, I created a spreadsheet to maximize my characters strength until I reached max level. Unfortunately, it kinda ruined the game when I was able to easily destroy anything on the highest difficulty. Haha

3. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Man, that was a long time ago but I think I started min/maxing with spreadsheets in Diablo 2. I think 8-bit gaming dinosaurs might have roamed the pixelated earth back then.

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  4. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

This post is much longer than anything I might want to read to justify dishonesty. :D
    Sorry to everyone else reading for bring this offtopic matter to this thread ;)

5. roytchai

roytchai Member

look at this mess in the second week... i'm gonna play with hard work in another game, and generate revenue for another game for now, until this crap match making is fixed.

6. Pugs117

Pugs117 New Member

Right!

The update was great except for the way the guilds are selected in rivalry. It should be based on infamy, not how many quests you completed in a week. Why should guilds that barely play get the 42,000 token reward because everyone is inactive and guilds that work their butts off get a 1,000 token reward?

Plus this will promote tanking during rivalries. Guilds won't compete one week just so they can come in first the following week.

And it is a problem that in case of a tie that first place goes to the first team that gets there. We all live in different time zones!

7. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Only make sense for not active guilds, the active ones would lose much more than what they'd get
    So true! What do you suggest?

8. Trium

Trium Active Member

I have already relaxed and just told the clan to forget about the rivalry. Now it is useless part of the game, which makes sense only for dead/inactive guilds.

In fact, now there is no sense to rush for short term effect (like to win the rivalry), because in the long-term it doesn't matter.
    So now we can focus on a stable farm, which doesn't depend on the opponents performance.

This approach is less addictive to the game - now we won't spend extra hours in the game just because our opponents have few quests more. We don't care, because if we spend these extra hours, we will just make next season reward lower.

I want developers to go further - I want to log in just once a month, but receive the same reward, as I would collect shop packages every 6h, was doing all the quests and did 50 fights per day.
    In this way, we will have even more Equality (we came to BattleBay for this, right, guys?) and we will spend in the game only that time, that we really want to play it.

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  9. Pugs117

Pugs117 New Member

I think in case of tie, all teams that tie should split tokens evenly. The only other thing I can think of is giving it to the team that completed more of the unfinished quests

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  10. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    This alone would probably stop most of the complaints lol.

11. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

What is your infamy and how many quests does your guild normally complete?

12. Trium

Trium Active Member

This season I had 3100 max, we complete almost 3 boards of quests (missing few quests)

13. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

So you have already completed 2 boards and still have several days to complete board 3. Once you complete board 3 you will have earned 81,000 tokens. Based on the simulation by @Spinners71, you will average an end-of-rivalry reward of 13,500 tokens. Therefore you will receive 94,500 tokens on average if you complete 3 boards every week.

If you only completed 1 quest every week, you will receive a whopping 14,500 tokens per week. That is a huge difference.

14. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I agree Rivalry win rewards are broken, due to the suggestions of people on this forum, and unfortunately the devs listened.

I'll reiterate, this can be fixed if rewards for winning guild are proportional to the quests completed... I'd suggest they be at least equal to doubling the tokens given for completed quests (1000 per quest for first board, 1250 for second board, etc) and scaling down from there for 2nd-6th place. For example a guild completing 8 quests in a 6 quest rivalry gets 8000 tokens for the win, and a guild completing 41 quests in a 39 quest rivalry gets 54k tokens for the win. The reward system at this point is absurd relative to the effort to get a win against 5 other equals.

15. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I disagree. I like the set tokens for rivalry wins. The reason is because it is a decent bonus for higher guilds, but it is a huge bonus for the lower guilds. I don't want to take away rewards from some of the newer players because I remember how difficult it is down there. No reason to make it harder for new players.

16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with that... I was trying to address the disincentives for higher productivity guilds, while at the same time trying to offer a solution to yet another reason BB rewards tanking. At this point I'm just recommending my guild not even bother trying to win since you are effectively punished by having an even tougher rivalry to win next time. Infamy climbing results in higher rewards, but completing more guild quests in a rivalry doesn't result in higher win rewards.

17. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Heh.. I disagree with your disagreement. It was only a short while ago that I was that level 10 player gaining epics from the quest boards and I thought that was cool. Unfortunately, the price tag for that sort of thing is tanking and that is killing this game. As much as it was neat to get elite rewards from the noob content, it's exactly that which draws high level players to low infamies.