1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Since Global Launch

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by HappyUnicorn789, 13 Dec 2018.

1. HappyUnicorn789

HappyUnicorn789 Well-Known Member

Hmm. So as a player since global launch, spending perhaps around $20k on this game.... I want to say to the devs:
    1, I feel high GS players are screwed in matchmaking
    2, Please please advertise and attract more new players. Why would people keep spending when they see less player pool
    3, Please make the new ships and items a little bit OP. After all its the PTW that pays the most and perhaps should gain the most fun
    4, Events aren't as competitive and serious. When people aren't being serious, why would they pay?
    5, Some pretty basic problems with the game such as defender being underpowered, frost being garbage, firebomb spamming , needed to be fixed quick enough. Not dealing with these problems properly IS NOT GOOD.

2. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Please dev.
    P2W isn't even a certainty lately. Give us guaranteed 1v5 capabilities or it just won't be fair.

3. Medullaoblongata

Medullaoblongata Active Member

How is this a step forward to increasing the lesser player pool?Would have been a good post,but u lost me there!

4. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

$20,000? Inventory screenshot please, i want to know what would you get for spending that much, for researching purpose ofcourse

SWAT0013, KINGIVANOV, Reorge and 6 others like this.
  5. Fixer Wiseman

Fixer Wiseman Member

I'm not P2W and agree with everything here. I compete at nightmare league with all T5 epics in 4 boats .... Obviously took longer than paying players but not much separates players like myself and paying customers. It's just that I don't have any legendary weapons above level 20 but can certainly give paying customers a run for their money with skill. Why would you keep pouring money into the game in this state. The new boats that require ship pieces are too hard to level up, even for paying customers. The gatling gun is so underwhelming I say it's actually worse that the standard mortar and standard cannon. Then comes teal items ... which make the gatling gun even more useless lol. New weapons do need to be a bit OP to introduce a new dimension to the meta game

New players will take forever to climb the leagues as the saturation of players at each level will make it super hard to climb infamy and talent tree's will now take forever to complete, so much effort for one weapon. New players will probably leave way before 6 months due to slow progression. Will probably take a new F2P player 2 years to reach 3k infamy

6. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

My gut feeling says the same thing. The developers thought the answer to getting more players was:
    a. improve agility of every boat to make the game more exciting
    b. change ship MK to level 1 to 50 which also gave all ships equal item slots
    c. Introduce new ships to make it more fun (yet, make upgrading those boats a long tedious grind or extremely expensive)
    d. modify game matchmaking to create gimmick ship balances

But what seems to be happening is.
    1. They have alienated their existing player base by making changes that almost NOBODY was asking for, while ignoring the MANY suggestions posted here in the forum that have near universal support.
    2. It doesn't appear that BattleBay has increased it's advertising budget to bring in new customers from other mobile games.
    3. The two most recent updates have created lag on slightly older devices, making it more frustrating to play.
    4. The new Talent Tree(while great on the surface) has now created an almost impossible task for low level players to equal long time players. I am thankful that several of my trees were already complete or close to complete when this change was made. (there were other suggestions on how to fix the talent tree in the suggestion forum which made sense for the developers and players)
    5. They have pretty much eliminated any dialogue between the developers and the BattleBay forum besides update patch notes(which sometimes they conveniently leave out items in the patch notes which are controversial). The new "Ask Zeus" section of Discord is great and he has given an answer to most every question posted. Unfortunately some of the answers are vague and leave you wondering.
    6. If you go through the Itunes or GooglePlay store the most common complaint is always how hard and slow the game is to progress and it is Pay2Win. I know when I joined, I knew it was going to be slow and I might put a few dollars into the game to progress, that is fine, the game needs revenue to survive. My belief now is that by giving Level1 ships with all slot points right from the start, they are giving new players a false sense of progress and it makes newer players more frustrated than before once they hit the Pay Wall. When MK levels were in place, it was much easier to measure your progress and kept you engaged in trying to level your ship up.

7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The reality is Rovio has NOT advertised since global launch, resulting in a stagnant, if not declining player base since that time. The stickiness is a testament to the quality of the game, but a MMO needs new players to feed into the system. A good chunk of the changes lately have been catering to the P2W folks, so this is no longer the game originally designed, and I can't imagine being a new player today.

8. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

I want to see also! He liked your post but didn’t share so I guess we may never know.

I completely agree with the OP. Updates need to address these topics.

9. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

i've spent a few hundreds as well but my loadout is not complete yet, i believe we added each other in game so you can see for yourself. 20,000 bucks is alot of money, just wanted to see if what we get worth it or not lol.

Djradnad likes this.
  10. HappyUnicorn789

HappyUnicorn789 Well-Known Member

Glad there are voices supporting me..

Djradnad likes this.