1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Perk suggestions

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Miathan, 22 Aug 2017.

1. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

What do you people think about the state of perks? I'd suggest:

- Make defence perks stronger. Either improve the amount of defence that they give or add utility, such as stun / freeze reduction
    - Make all cannon crit chance perks stronger. If a crit does 100% more damage, 1.5% crit chance means 1.5% more damage, while a damage perk gives 3%. I can't see how the crit perk can be worth taking in any situation while the value is this low.
    - Improve all item cooldown perks. I got an epic in my shop and it was still only a 2% cooldown reduction, I can't imagine anyone equipping that.
    - Remove all item HP perks from the game. I see no reason for them to exist. The values are terrible and every item specific perk is better.

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Defense perks being made stronger would make buying epic perks useless because a defender (which is the only boat I could imagine anyone using defense perks on) would reach it's max defense limit with just rares.

There are already crit damage perks along with crit chance perks. Each do their own thing.

Cooldown perks are pretty useless.

HP perks are good as fillers for an item you don't have any perks for.

3. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

HP perks are also good for blue items once you get them maxed out and you don't need their item specific perks

4. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

Love the defence perk upgrade, its useless right now and rise the max defence limit for it. Hp perks are indees good for items that dont have there own perks

5. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I suppose you mean rudder / gear lube? I didn't think of that, makes sense. Even then I think they should be buffed though. When you max out a blue item you're high level, and at high level 20/40/60 HP is nothing. It's less than a burning tick.

I wasn't aware that there is a defense limit. Why is there o_O

Which are even more useless. I forgot to mention them in my OP. Crit damage perks are, from an expected damage or DPS point of view, never worth taking. Not even on a high end sniper. They could definitely use a buff.

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

It's 100. Not sure why there is one or why it's that low... @Miika

Miathan likes this.
  7. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

Yeah strange, would love to know why it's so low.

8. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Well turbo too. And I mean 60x6 is 360 if you have a rudder and lube maxed so it's half a standard cannon shot :D -_-

Miathan likes this.