1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.5.1 bug fix update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Miika, 11 Oct 2017.

1. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    You most likely did it, but on a member of your own team. For example, if you hit a friend, the nice shot badge appears.

pdcpdc and Scourge Argaen like this.
  2. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

As far as i know u get matched against other guilds with like infamy, every guild should have the same amount of damage needed for each damage quests. Meaning for low infamy and low population guilds you may never see board 4, 5 or even 6...those quests boards come with a better guild. So....if u want more rewards ur guild needs to grow one way or another. The quest season is only a week long so if u do get stuck on a board and cant find a new recruit to cover needed quest you will have to try again in a week or less. This in turn encourages guilds to grow bigger and stronger with more variaty! If u dont have the right weapons now i recomend u stop scrapping those rarely used weapons and start lvling them up!
    Good luck to everyone in ur rivalery :)

pdcpdc and The Otherguy like this.
  3. llr

llr New Member

I had 47 in one match. lol

I gotta say I am very impressed with the quick update!

I play a different game where bugs aren't quashed as quickly and problems not ironed out so fast. I feel that you have actually listened to your players and responded promptly! Thank you :)

Mr. Chompers and The Otherguy like this.
  4. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

This is going to have immediate adverse effects.

Our guild has always taken new players, our only requirement is players be active. With new players having to contribute the same damage to quests as established players guilds are going to not accept them. If new players stick to forming their own guilds they'll not be competitive or progress.

I certainly didn't like some of the kill quests, but maybe this solution is punitive for a larger segment of players than just the cheaters.

5. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

No it's not. This is a VERY good change, for the whole community.
    Using damage means that now ALL contribution you makes with that weapon counts, rather than being lucky enough to score the last hit.

New players should NOT be able to hop in and start smashing out hard and very hard quest boards. Making it so they contribute the same as hardened players in guild quests would be completely absurd. Guilds should progress just like players. When you start out, and are lower level / newer, you won't finish as many boards, you won't deal as much damage, but each week of guild quest helps the whole guild get stronger, more quickly, and over time the guild will all be higher level, with better gear, and will start finishing the damage based quests faster and faster, moving onto higher boards.

Asking to get very high rewards thrown at you for no effort as a new player is not okay. These changes were needed, and are fair on every level.

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Very few people will think this to be correct, but I happen to be one of them. Because I think that seasoned players, for all their hard work, deserve the advantage. Devs, are those damage values static for all guilds, or are they calculated according to the guild's average infamy tier? I know that this question was asked before, just wanted to know...

7. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    YOU FIXED MY SHOOTING STAR GLITCH! thanks so much! :D

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

So. You going to take new players in your guild? :rolleyes:

As I said, this change is going to punish new users, plain and simple. You can say it's fair that you do more damage,and get more rewards but nobody is going to take a new player, a low infamy player, a player with weak weapons, etc in their guilds now because they can't contribute. What are they going to do? This change just made hard-core guilds even more hard-core.
    It was bad enough that experienced players kept getting getting pushed down with new players were facing mk4s almost as soon as they pasted the bots, but now there's going to be a caste system where no one wants to go near new players. While it may be "fair" to a player that put in his time that new player is going to be screwed.

Mr. Chompers and SCOOTY PUFF Jr like this.
  9. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for the much needed fixes! Now it’s certain guild hopping won’t be a problem anymore.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  10. QuaCKeReD

QuaCKeReD Member

Only adverse effect I have seen so far is the massive increase in torps! Though, can see the same coming for mortars, too

i.e. Shooters with JUST torps (the irony of the naming is obviously lost), nothing else, sitting at back of map, getting the dmg and relying on rest of team to carry them to a win! Played one game where 3 of other team were Torp T%@ts...spoils the fun of the game

Other than that, a brilliant update, making quests fairer and pushing the collaboration of guilds forwards

11. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

man there is people i've never seen popping around with evolved legendaries like.... for fucking real?!... i am done

12. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

They can help with the ship-specific quests, star hoarder and dominator quests :)

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, all I can say is, that's life. If you don't level up and play supercasual, you don't deserve the heavy leveling offered by working hard for quests. Remember, new players who like the game are the only ones who won't quit, and THEY will phase out of being new in a matter of days.

pdcpdc, Mr. Chompers and Iunch like this.
  14. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    Rest assured this has the developers full attention. Like the announcement said, it will be dealt in due time.
    So Zombie, no need to stop playing fair yourself even if others did not!

The community knows who these people are too, as most players have been able to document the exploiting by taking screenshots.
    Many in the community have gathered these screenshots - more so in the cases when the exploiting guilds' names have been
    violating the Battle Bay code of conduct.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  15. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

I even had it continue to pop up even after I was killed. Felt like I deserved a “heal from the grave” badge or something. Lol.

16. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

They even got there own guild now. Not gona call it out for a witch hunt but most of yall prolly know what it is already

17. Jstajlr

Jstajlr New Member

It is not fixed I just had it happen, in addition the game has now started to freeze for me mid game. I've never had the freeze issue prior to the update. I am using an older iPad so that may be the issue as I found a thread about the same problem for people several months ago. The update maybe using more memory than it was before.

18. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

i hope they get fucking permabanned,
    i mean i worked hard for my weapons and to reach 4300not as an mk5,
    now 3500-4000not is swamped by people packing lvl 20-40 legendaries overnight, and i dropped 700not like random, i risk to not get any more rewards from my battles simply because now my tier is filled by this retards that exploited tokens and that shred my ship with couple of hits
    i'm not just saying this is gamebreaking, this needs a rollback @Miika @Zeus

19. Pallas Athena

Pallas Athena New Member

I’ve gotten a update screen when I open battle Bay and It takes me to the Apple app store. All it does is open BB, does not update. Is it not live in the Apple store or what? I have restarted several times, driving an iPad.

20. Pallas Athena

Pallas Athena New Member

Never. Mind... Apple had an update lurking in the background.