1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.5.1 bug fix update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Miika, 11 Oct 2017.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I almost forgot: Did you fix the problem of contributions not being counted when the player didn't spectate for the whole match?

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I'm sure that was intended so no one can go suiciding and winning 50% of their matches for insanely fast quest completions

3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Doubtful as it would disable the primary benefit of having VIP enabled.

pdcpdc likes this.
  4. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Yes i need to know this as well....waste of time to sit and watch to see if team will win.
    Anyways, since most are dmg quests now i doubt ppl will be going and suiciding.

pdcpdc and The Otherguy like this.
  5. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

so smurfing is still a thing? guess i'll take a break from bb

6. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

smurfing?

pdcpdc and The Otherguy like this.
  7. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Thank you devs. Really appreciate the effort on your part and thanks to all the members who raised the guild exploit issue. No more cheating. Fun and fair once more. :D

Mamamyers and The Otherguy like this.
  8. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Yess
    Good looking out!

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Holy crap that's a lot of bugs squashed! Much love for the fixes, I haven't seen a swarm of "Lifesaver" spam yet today.

10. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

I had that happen quite a few times. Always found it funny.

11. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

WHAT, You mean you didn’t appreciate 15+ badges pop up in a row!?! Madness! Lol.

12. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Great work on the hotfix:D
    Personally..I'd rather see it stay as it is regarding if you exit the game..it doesn't add to guild contribution.
    I think it will encourage suiciders/players using weaker boats..especially for board 4/5.
    We've all seen the problems before guild quests with players intentionally suiciding to drop infamy..if they can do it to gain tokens..I'm SURE they will.

Lets say you need so many kills with a certain boat..then everyone in the guild uses that boat whatever lvl it is..enter a game..suicide..exit etc..this would be the easiest and fastest way to do it.

Last edited: 11 Oct 2017
    Fin- and The Otherguy like this.
  13. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Ding
    Ding
    Ding
    Ding
    Ding

OKAY OKAY I GET IT I DID A GOOD JOB

14. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

The best part was lifesafer spam if you happened to heal near a friendly wreck!

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 likes this.
  15. ApertureAndroid

ApertureAndroid New Member

(Android) Clicking on Battle Bay's notifications haven't been doing anything ever since the big Guild update. This update didn't fix it. I think it's because the package name was changed in the Guilds update and clicking the notification makes it try to open the app using the old package name.

TheAntiSnipe and The Otherguy like this.
  16. tgtv

tgtv New Member

Of the top 5 players globally today (10/11/17) , I know at least 3 were very busy farmers...
    So now you can see the how the benefits have given token farmers an unfair advantage over others.
    They should not be allowed to keep any resources, perks or legendary assets acquired through the exploit.
    There were a lot of honest players who refrained from using the exploit. This is NOT fair to us as well as players who've had to spend a lot of money to acquire perks & legendary parts/weapons.

Dobson likes this.
  17. Casstiiel

Casstiiel New Member

After the update my game keeps crashing... after losing 800 infamy this is not good for me at all :/

18. STARC!!

STARC!! Member

[/QUOTE]
    I want to know whether damage-based quests are same for all guilds ( dealing certain amount of damage) or the amount of damage to be done is based on total infamy of guild.

If its based on total infamy of guild it would again be a problem for some guilds as some of members are high infamy ( say 3500+ 4 members) and others around on avg 800+.
    Also for guilds which are not filled completly have low guild infamy that also could be exploited if it is based on guild infamy.

If the damage based quests is not based on guild infamy and same for all guilds then the lower infamy guilds suffer.

Basically I want to know on what factors the amount of damage to be done with weapons is decided.

SCOOTY PUFF Jr likes this.
  19. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

To the devs. First thanks for listening to your player base. You acted quickly to stomp out the guild exploit by not letting players complete the same quest although I am still seeing guild jumpers looking for board 1 quests about to be completed. This might be my fault for joining an open guild but i have seen a couple players jump in then jump out. Hopefully your fixes will help solve the problem.

One other item if you could add refresh to a guild quest that would be greatly appreciated. My guild got hit with the carronade again and at 2000 infamy I would feel like a real jerk going into battle with a level 10 common carronade trying to do that much damage. If you allow refreshes it can allow more quests to be completed but would keep players from hurting the other 4 players on the team.
    I like all the updates so keep it up.

TheAntiSnipe and The Otherguy like this.
  20. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Great work on the fixes team!

During gameplay, the trophies that appear during the course of the match for actions and such have been appearing for me when I've not actually done them. Does anyone else experience this?