1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. Bo bo eh clown

Bo bo eh clown New Member

REALLY TRY DRIVING A SPEEDER ALL THE TIME BEFOR YOU THINK IT NEEDS TO BE NERFED. THE GYS THAT ARE GREAT AT IT ARE REALLY GOOD. MOST OF US. OR AT PEAST I KNOW FOR MYSELF, it's a struggle. The reward is it's fun, but slowing it down takes the fun away. And once you have that speed, guarantee, you will miss every bit of it and then some

2. Bo bo eh clown

I want to suggest that if you change something in the future, you make an entirely different ship for anyone to get, that way it's an update not a rip

3. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser

Yes I guess this lose streak thing is really going to happen badly when people pay for their MK 7s . Fml

4. Johnnieday

Johnnieday Member

If you are referring to me (and I apologize if not) but I disagree.
    I do own a MK6 speeder, am in a good position league (nightmare) but speeder can't be "easily" beaten with defender/shooter/enforcer.
    Depending on your yellow items, you don't have lots of firepower nor good health compared to other ships (beside enforcer).

We can all agree sniper cannon being nerfed was a wrong call but so is everything else.
    A Tesla shield for example, is basically a shield. Why in hell do they need to stun you ?
    If your Tesla shield blocks 1000 damages and you receive 1200, you get 200 hit which, makes sense. But not getting stun as well !!

Fixer : The one boat being targeted the most often at first. Barely survives now.
    You want to take 50% (or more) ?! Let's be reasonable.

I could go on but you get the idea.

They've been nerfing since the beginning and it keeps getting worse.

Legendary items ? In my opinion ? Not enough damages considering the price asked for them.
    Some people paid $2000 to get 2 legendary items and when you look at the damages comparison between a t5 epic and a t5 legendary, there isn't much of a difference. But that's another topic.

I could go on and on but you get my point (if you were referring to me).

Again, all we wanted was better matchmakings, more ships, more contents/features.
    Instead, they nerfed the hell out of the game.

And if they think they would make more money this way... wrong move.

ThirstySeal, Kronimo and Jared like this.
  5. Bo bo eh clown

Promise I'll stop,after this one..., But let ME BE PERFECTLY CLEAR. Nerfing any ship is a flaw. It's a flaw in the original programming and set up. People make that choice becaus, after comparing the options, stats, pros and cons and style of play that compliments. I don't use healers., but just the same should not be nerfed. Not shooter, nor enforcer. Should of been balanced better Fromm the start.

6. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Jesus christ mate. If you genuinely think that making balance patches to a competitive multi-player game shouldn't be done, you are seriously miss-informed if not just plain retarded.
    I'm a game developer myself and have played almost every competitive online game in existence and buffs and nerfs are the life blood of keeping a game playable and improving it.

SHOCK151! likes this.
  7. Jared

Jared Member

Lmao, so what about speeders? Not OP at all? Considering you look at top 100 global players. How many of them are speeders? Call me OP yet i get two shotted by flare and blast cannon? Speeders with 10k hp and 100 defence thats a ridiculously OP ship, yet fixer basically limited to one small shield like 6k hp and barely any defence. but it doesnt bother me nor did i complain on forums or anything about speeder.

they can boost other ships/ gear to help balance. Never said fixer couldnt use somw changes but almost getting one hitted from a frost torp thats almost impossible to avoid+ 50% reduced heals from freeze. Now its going to be even worse.

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 likes this.
  8. Bo bo eh clown

No reason to be nasty. No, and Obviously I'm not alone in feeling ripped off. I do believe in fair game and fair towards your consumer.

9. Jairo

Jairo New Member

I hope this update changes or things will get worse!
    Each boat has its qualities and defects:

Shooter has more firepower and is a little slow
    Speeder is more agile but little hp
    Enforcer is agile and has a bit more firepower
    Defender has a lot of hp but is slow
    Fixer can heal and heal others but has no firepower and little hp

And now you tell me that besides Fixer being the first target to be most attacked by everyone, he will not be able to recover as much damage as he will suffer because you have decided to reduce (absurd) 50%?

This show that you do not care about the players, just enter the facebook groups and read the comments and of the forum itself to see how unfair this drastic decrease is and how players are upset with it.

Today I could hardly play two battles thinking about this update, my friends too.

I've spent a lot of time and money on this game, I will not do it anymore if this update does not change.

Rationalize and SAME DIFF3R3NC3 like this.
  10. Baraba$

Baraba$ Member

why nerf fixers?with their low def theyre not that hard to kill.I dont like that ship but I feel bad to those who use it,I use banana ships im ok with ob nerf,but nerfing t.shield? oh man..if your just using t5 rare then you well get stunned everytime,its gonna be pretty useless.,and not all players have epic t5,. So business as usual,,and to the devs.. WHY NOT NERF EVERY ITEM IN THE GAME!!!

11. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

i get enforcer upgrade at level 28 seriously not sure because of the nerf now.

12. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

The devs want us to pay and get strong fixer items and mk7.

Baraba$ likes this.
  13. manueliz30

manueliz30 Member

19366348_124810121440126_5073795720550921862_n.jpg

I spend so much on my sniper. now its nerfed so sad :(:(:(:(
    Overboost -2 secs duration is fair but + +2 seconds cooldown is too much o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
    Tesla shield nerfed is good idea. No more permanent shield :D:D:D:D
    Removing arrows on weapons no more annoying icons thanks ;);););)

Expect more shooter in the bay after this update hits.

It's now Battle of Shooter vs Defender's Bay. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

14. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

Serious feedback time :)
    New
    • Introducing Mk7 ships!
    • Get your hands on the best ships in The Bay - hope the MK7s are well balanced
    • Battle Log!
    • Added battle log to browse your previous battles - nice to have
    • Repair Bolt!
    • Added new green repair item which can be used to heal targets far away - awesome, i'm guessing this to have higher heal potential than repair box, hope you will give the source fixer 50% of the bolt's heal amount for successful hits.
    • New player profile screen
    • New layout for player profile screen which allows browsing the players current ships and weapons - nice to have, remains to be seen
    • New results screen!
    • New layout for results screen which shows healing, players items and allows opening player profiles - nice to have, remains to be seen
    • New targeting buttons!
    • Added "previous" and "next" target buttons which can be used to cycle locked targets easily - will this feature require the "lock on" to be activated first?

Changed
    • Increased the gold and sugar capacity for lower captain levels - nice!!!
    • Removed upgrade arrow for level 1 items in inventory - meh... purely aesthetic
    • Changes to address seal clubbing - remains to be ssen
    Balancing
    • Sniper Cannon: -7.5% damage - unnecessary but understandable
    • Ballpark Mortar: +14% damage - hmmm, will probably be seeing bigger circles in the future
    • Overboost: -2 second duration, +2 second cooldown - mega nerf!!! that's a +4 sec interval between boosts, will wait for the actual update and test it out before i give my final verdict
    • Repair Pulse: Repairs own ship for 50% less than teammates ships - i think this is unnecessary, fixers have been nerfed bad enough as it is.... though i think the intent is to make fixers more tactical in their approach, removed the fixers ability to act as a tank for its team. and
    • Repair Box Launcher: Boxes now expire after 60 seconds in the water - hope you guys will explain why you did this, stashing boxes in the map is no longer a viable tactic. maybe you can the feature wherein full health ships can't pick up the boxes.
    • Tesla Shield: Player is stunned for 4 seconds if shield is broken by damage - thumbs down on this one, but i have to wait and see in the actual update to get a feel of this change.... hope this really does improve the balance among the 5 ship classes. how will this affect Railgun shots on shields? railguns always break shield right? even if the damage is lower than the shield's HP? will a railgun shot also result in a stun?

Improvements
    • Improved box opening animations - ok
    • Improved visuals when ships get destroyed - it would be nice to see several kinds of visuals based on the weapon used to make the killshot. like a boat being destroyed by incendiaries will result in "melting" visual, a centered mortar shot will result in a spectacular explosion with debris flying everywhere, something like that
    • Changed battle win / lose music to trigger earlier, when battle ended-text appears instead of waiting until results screen
    • Added tesla shield hit visual effects to various weapons - nice
    • Update player's name over their ship immmediately when changing name, not after next login
    • Revised logic how notification exclamation mark is shown for shipyard button, now it is not visible at all times
    • Revised logic how notification exclamation marks work in the shop
    • Added missing flag for Kosovo
    • New graphics in the pearl shop

15. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Okay, what infamy is everyone playing at where Fixers are instantly dying, because I want to be in those matches, too. I support the Fixer nerf, they won't be able to just run around healing themselves with double-Pulses, making matches last the entire 5 minutes while their team dies around them. They got a fancy new Repair Bolt to snipe heals so they will be in a safer spot to begin with, since they no longer have to be hugging teammates to heal them. If they aren't sitting out in the open, they don't need to be able to heal a hundred HP per second. I very rarely see Fixers get focused in a way where they actually die, they just heal it off and run behind their Shooter.

The reason the Tesla Shield nerf is there is to nerf the Tesla Bolt combo. I think it's a reasonable nerf, and this is coming from someone that uses an Epic Tesla Shield all the time.

All you guys crying because they nerfed something, maybe you should get a little less selfish and think about how the game is affected. Not just you. Most of these nerfs were to Speeders, since a lot of people, even those at high ranks, have admitted that Speeders were overpowered. Fixer not being able to self-heal as much just means she won't be able heal-tank as effectively, and might need to use, *gasp*, COVER. Just like everyone else. And no, you don't need to throw your Sniper in the trash just because they nerfed the damage a little. You crit from over 40 meters away, calm down.

"But now my 800-damage shot will only do 740!" Boo hoo.

16. D0m1no

D0m1no New Member

Onion Peeler
    Ok, so here is my opinion. Balancing is part of the game and inherently i have no issue with that.

Saying that,

Fixer pulse nerf i think is over the top if you take frost into account which already halves the fix i think you will see an exodus of fixers at the top level. With the amount of power weapons around this is a big mistake. 50% is alot why not try it at 80% first if you think they are OP. 50% that number is madness. Even the top fixers get so low in normal game play they have to run and re heal before resuming their duties.

Really looking forward to the long distance heal. Will add an interesting dynamic to the game. I would have liked a drone heal where they could select a target ship and that ship gets a drone that does less heal for x amount of period.

Sniper nerf, is a shocker, enough said, saying that IMO there are some other weapons that needed nerf. Torps being top of my list. Torps/frost combo does takes skill but talke splash dasmage into account this weapon is OP. Its a freaking mobile mine.

And all the speeders moaning here about the way stun will affect tesla get over yourselves , banana ships are OP as it is, especially the speeder . In fact i think they need to nerf tesla shield as well as stun. Being in a stun for 28 seconds is a joke.

Agree with overboost nerf!!
    Ballpark mortar buff im fine with !!!

Happy battles all !!!

17. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

They didn't even nerf self-healing for the Repair Box, but I guess no one cares about that item.

18. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

I can't fully agree your opinion because 1.yes we are trying to give a chance to the update but would u try to think of a fixer which have a pluse of 60 hp per second,and if that fixer is frosted,60 x 50% x50%=?It's 15!and u would think a fixer healing itself for +15 can survive with a couple of shots......unless the devs do something about it than it would be better :) (I'm not crying about it,but,this is the truth.....feel free to correct me)
    I agree w your telsa shield nerf is nice,since people w double telsa shield couldn't activate their telsa shield right after the first ts is being removed by stun
    For sniper,I got no opinion on it....

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 likes this.
  19. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

agree with most of your points except for the torp... tritorps are balanced now, in my opinion, the big torp is the one that needs revisiting... OP splash and absurd damage... i got hit for around 4500 damage with frost... longer cooldown, reduce damage, reduce speed and/or increase arming range (4-5, like the tritorps)

20. D0m1no

D0m1no New Member

Onion Peeler
    Noooo Charlotte dont be silly. Needs buff Scatters to much and pretty hard to hit. I would say percentage hit is very low and even worse against speeders.

The Otherguy likes this.