1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. Jared

Jared Member

Well as a fixer, and pure fixer these changes are gonna be ridiculous, half heal on pulse? And then if we get flared or frozen gonna be getting 1/4 of heals that we do now. Overboost another hit but whatever on that one. Games becoming too pay to win. Been playing months and still mk5. Now within an hour of this update guarantee gonna be mk7s around.
    Very good chance will be quitting as i am not going to convert ships.

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 likes this.
  2. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Enforcer left dead in the water.
    I guess I'm a speeder then..

Babablacksheep likes this.
  3. Jared

Jared Member

Seriously killed fixer class, way to screw over an entire class of players AND the entire F2P crowd. As if it wasnt bad enough with t4 legendaries and getting two shotted at 4.3k hp by flare and blast cannon. Not too mention 15 second stuns and with Flare + frost gonna reduce heals by 30% & 50% respectively.. so now pulse that heals 100, will heal 50 only normal . And betwen 25-35 with frost and flare? Are you kidding me. Thats not even one shot from a weak weapon. Yet speeders going around with 100 defence and 10k hp. Is there any point to defender class with that?

Thought i was gonna enjoy this game for time to come but after putting 35 levels towards a pure fixer build its gonna be impossible to switch. Will probably stop playing depending how it goes. Thanks @ zeus.

4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Atleast its easy to swap to another boat guys!
    Only 9million gold to mk6 & a few years to gather new items ;)

Ship for Brains and Ultrah like this.
  5. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Okay, so basicly speeder, enforcer and fixer got all nerf - fine, but:

As for speeders -> This means slower moving so easier to be hit and when you can't even have tesla shield if you want to avoid being self-stunned, you're going to be weakest ship for sure. This doesn't matter top mk6 speeders that much with 9-10k hp because they can live without tesla shield easily but speeders mk5 and mk6 with hp 3,5 - 5k does get HUGE nerf. I mean C'MON! (Thank god I have upgraded shooter too). You seriously should change that to be stun after tesla bolt hit, not the dmg which goes over shield's hp or you don't touch the overboost at all to allow escaping.

As for enforcers -> This means the end of double shield warriors which is good but it also takes away their 1st shield which is their key item tbh. We will see huge drop of enforcer users.

As for fixer -> This drops the amount of fixers too and that is really bad thing. I can't say anything about this because I haven't played fixer since lv 20. It looks bad anyway.

This item nerfing should stop and change for ships' ability changes (like turning speed of ship/turret, etc) because, well think about it... someone spends a lot of resources and time to upgrade certain items (sometimes even real money to get duplicates) and now it is taken away.
    I myself feel like betrayed as I have been working for yellow items and trying to find duplicates, perks etc and now it all goes to sewers. I hate to admit it but I started to think about quiting the whole game as all my good items/ships are pretty much taken away from me. The whole 7 months for nothing? - It at least feels like that now.

Jonnu, Jared and Ultrah like this.
  6. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

We are sorry your OP class was nerfed bro.

Yours
    The other millions of players not playing fixer

7. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

That's okay, good thing I only use Fixer.

Attached Files:

8. Scrublordmasternub

Scrublordmasternub New Member

Electrician⚡
    I agree with you on the healing.. In my opinion maybe make it 25% less effective. 50% is brutal.. '50%repair pulse + other healing reductions.. 0% healing gg

9. The Accountant

The Accountant New Member

There must be more changes like 1. team match making 2. Draw system when battle gets draw there should be no point increase total battle and won battle and last but not least back ground advertisements download coz of it while in battle it gives lots of lags.

10. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I like the new nerfs

Not sure if sniper needed one

50% lesser healing means a huge drop in fixers who heal themselves, a bit brutal maybe

Overboost nerf will make sure nobody uses a dual ob setup and is always at 150% speed

Those bloody speeders are impossible to hit

But in all honestly

Item nerfs are not we need right now

What we need is a better infamy system

A better match making system

Practice mode to atleast try out new ships and weapons

11. Bo bo eh clown

Bo bo eh clown New Member

I am relatively new to this game. Had been my favorite, but just an observation that should be taken into account. I've spent pretty much every dollar and every credit earned towards a speeder set up. I did this after observing the game and deciding which strategy to follow. Now with the changes, my crew skills, weapons of choice, defense of choice , etc will all need to be changed. Even a small reduction in speed is not acceptable, there needs to be some sweet compensation. For both time and money spent. This puts myself and others at big disdvantage

12. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Could someone tell me why sniper canon needed a nerf? Seriously, sniper canon is alreasy 1 of the weaker weapons. Blast canon was already significantly stronger than the sniper, so why nerf sniper? Please explain? I have played for so long just to upgrade 2 sniper canons, amd now it just feels like a wasted effort.

Also, I'm not a fixer, but it's already easy enough to kill a fixer, so why nerf fixers?

Speeders did need the nerf, but why does enforcer have to suffer too?

ThirstySeal and Miathan like this.
  13. Bo bo eh clown

Bo bo eh clown New Member

NOT A GOOD WAY TO START OFF PLEASE ADRESS

14. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

dear rovio!

i would like to ask for compensation or a refund towards your action deciding to nerf certain items.

i have spent lots of time, money and resources upgrading my epic overboost into T3 lvl. when i decided to upgrade said item, it was because it was appealing for the results it promised. now it is longer the case and i probably would have never done again, or I'd chosen to invest into an another boat.

instead of having the promised item, now I'll have his retarded little brother lying around in my inventory, probably never using it again... cant even imagine how all the fixers n enforcers must feel right now.

instead of listening to the countless voices and many other suggestions from your community, not just about balancing, but new features as well, you decide to take your own justified road to failure.

thanks for the amazing game you've created, shame it only lasted for so long.
    and i apologize for trying to support you. i learn from my mistakes and will keep my money in my pocket in the future.

15. Kitterini

I think people are overestimating how much this will affect speeders (atleast at mk6 levels).

Tesla Shield is the craziest nerf of the bunch, 100% of Enforcers run 1, if not 2 Shields and rely on them for survival. Plenty of speeders get by without Tesla and make good use of other options already.

Being an Overboost user myself I welcome the challenge of having to think about when to use it, rather than autoactivating on cd. Sure its weaker now, but Speeders base pace makes them less of sitting ducks, than fx an Enforcer without Overboost.

Much weaker Enforcers (and slightly weaker Fixers) is a gift to speeders - You main counter took a serious beating and on top the easiest weapon to hit you with had its damage lowered.
    I suggest you try it out before panicking :)

Poor enforcers though, I feel with you. Was about to blow 4.5million gold to upgrade mine, glad I didn't do it yet.

@lolawola Contact Apple/Google store for refund claims. Go google how to phrase such a request before sending it.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  16. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Speeders didn't need that much nerf tbh. Enforcers needed nerf for mk6 as double tesla shielders because those coulnd't be hitted almost at all if no one drop their shields.
    About sniper nerf I don't have answer as I don't use but I think those big critical hits which comes pretty often when you have good perks and well chosen talents are probably the reason. In early game, this won't be seen so often so I feel sorry for those early snipers.

Bo bo eh clown likes this.
  17. Johnnieday

Johnnieday Member

I agree.
    I've spent a small fortune for what it is, was at the time, but now, it becomes almost pointless.
    I too, would ask for a refund (and it would be massive).

The point of speeder, is speed. It has low HP compares to other ships.
    Enforcer is to enforce the team.
    Fixer is to fix ships.

You are taking away the speed of speeder, the enforcing of enforcers AND the healing ability of fixers.

If your update hasn't been made yet, I suggest you don't release it.
    Look how many of us don't want that update !
    It clearly speaks for itself.

jsshaun, Miathan and Bo bo eh clown like this.
  18. Kitterini

That Sniper took a hit before Blast and/or Big T was a surprise for me.
    ---
    If any class needed a nerf (at endgame level) it was Speeders -- 7 of the current top 10 players play primarily speeder and this trend continues throughout the top rankings. Most of the top players gravitate towards the banana for a reason.

If you refer to lower level speeders not needing a nerf then I agree - But if you think mk6 speeders was well balanced in the meta before then we disagree.

But again, try playing it - Of the 3 nerfed classes Speeders took a much smaller hit and on top of that your prime counter got hammered. Nothing in these nerfs change the fact that Speeders are the top boats at peak level. (Lets see what mk7 brings!)

19. U R Too Slow Old

U R Too Slow Old New Member

Yessssssss Literally ALL my items are getting nerfed except from turbo! THANK YOU VERY MUCH:)

20. Steven

Steven Active Member

Sounds like a great patch, I run overboost and legendary sniper and def agree sniper is OP with its crit! Mine does 526 damage but crits for almost 1.5k