1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. XP101-Bubba

XP101-Bubba New Member

Thanks for screwing over the fixers,
    Cant move, cant defend ourselves, cant catch up to heal our team mates... thanks for the dry hump with no lube.
    Fixers are always targeted first and no one sticks around to help them out, but they call out for help when they gettin thier arse kicked. Well guess what buttercup, come to the medic dont call us out cause we got robbed on any chance to make it to you before we get taken out.

2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

@The War Net Yes fixer was nerfed, but you are exaggerating. I play MK4 fixer myself, with sniper + pulse + overboost, so I was triple hit by the patch. Still I'm doing fine. Just won a couple of satisfying battles, and yesterday I got to the highest infamy I ever got with fixer (somewhere above 1700, my pulse / box are only lvl 11 so it's hard to get any higher). The nerfs require you to play more carefully and seek shelter more often, but by no means did they destroy the class. Fixer is still great, even if you equip the same items as before.

3. The War Net

The War Net Member

Glad you were able to win at 1700 infamy as a MK4. You're the exception to the rule that got paired with great teammates. Let me know when you get to 2500 if you're able to survive as a MK4.

4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Yes I got paired with good teammates. Which is a requirement for any boat to win. If your team sucks, it doesn't matter what you're playing. That's not an argument against fixer.

About "the exception to the rule": unless you are secretly a Rovio dev, I don't see how you can have information to back up that claim. The only thing you use to determine what "the rule" is, is probably your own biased viewpoint.

I would not survive as mk4 at 2500 on any boat. Again, this is not an argument against fixer.

5. The War Net

The War Net Member

lol, I was at 2740, as a mk4 speeder. Two days ago, so yes, post update.

6. TheFixNation

TheFixNation New Member

I'm around 1,100 level of infamy with a mk4 fixer and I'm getting taken out all the time in only a minute due to snipers all over the place. If I load up on booster, get a blue turbo I don't have anything to build a defense with. The only time I can stay alive is if I throw out repair boxes for myself, screwing over my team (which we loose), or I help them out and get killed quickly (and we most likely loose). Fixer is totally nerfed; it's not fun to play anymore.

7. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

This is excatly the way it should. Mk4 aren't meant to be really high, really. Infamy for mk4 ships in range of 1500-2500 is really good. Believe me, mk5's are all over the place in 2,5k-3,5k with some mk6 ships in that group. So.. why should mk4 survive there? -- It shouldn't. Upgrade everything if you want to be there as you probably meant too :)

And what comes to this:
    Take a look at your own line:

Miathan likes this.
  8. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    In terms of what warnet said regarding fixers, I agree most with the idea that something was nerfed that most people did not complain about in the first place. I liked it before as is, and I like it less now. I read many change requests on the forum, but this was not on the radar for the players. Is the game ruined? No. But it feels like an overcorrection was made. Did some developer get worked over by a fixer? Well, you got your revenge! Worse..did a number cruncher not like seeing so many mk4s in mk5 matches, wanting symmetry just for the sake of symmetry? Who cares really if we are having fun? You will make more money with happy users than pretty spreadsheets, an important concept in business.

Also, I am waiting for proof that the bolt is any good as people upgrade it. I have not seen it yet. I am skeptical. I don't know how I would survive given it allows my health to just melt away if I invest 2 slots in it. I will wait for it to be corrected or others to show the way first!

Otherwise, I am out on this topic. I expect good and bad upgrades in any software. Always happens. You are forced to roll with it or move on.

Ultrah likes this.
  9. Hodges

Hodges Well-Known Member

Bad. Bad. Bad.

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Don't play then.

You quit, hundreds join. No biggie :)

11. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    As an overview the update is a nerf yes, but only because the selected items were overpowered.
    Before you were enjoying the advantage, now you dont.
    I use all of the downpowered items (edit: except shield) and found not much of an alteration, still works fine.
    An instead of getting degraded, (after this update as some say) am increasing normally as i progress higher) current infamy range increased to 2k-2.3k :)
    ~ Mk4 speeder with rare stuff

Last edited: 7 Jul 2017
  12. Blood Raven

Software Developer
    Except repair pulse yes.
    IMG_20170707_203904.jpg
    Oh and yes i forgot one, tesla shield i.e..
    That was a silly change yes. You use it for defense 2 slot points too and low shield HP..they shouldnt have done that though i dont use it i support that was unnecesaary..kinda funny use for defense and get stunned itself , rest are acceptable changes. Nothing big, just keep playing.

13. Blood Raven

Software Developer
    I would say both, depends on the situation and team.
    Usually i surge ahead and fire some shots as distraction with shooters behind my back. A little free if a fixer is there to turn back, as am HP sided. If there are other speeders or a yellow team i go ahead with them to hit together. Usually, I prefer to stay at a range as being speeder you can clearly avoid majority of the shots thrown. (Especially like explosive cannons) as for mortars, my nitro helps. Steering right is very important, also when you are going to an enemy be aligned either diagonally or sideways to avoid shots and evade by rotating your ships too.
    As for your last part I would say maybe yes, but once you get the knack of speeder its pretty useful and fun.
    And infamy is something that comes goes never really bothered me that much..we all started at 0 if we can climb to 2k then surely we can always reach more.

14. MorphinePL

MorphinePL New Member

image.png

Uhhh... I did hard work. I am still in the place and receiving 0 star....

Vocês não são bons na programação....

15. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    After I read some these threads, I get all depressed and start thinking if I am wasting my time. Then I go play a couple battles, and relize that I LOVE this game the way it is. I am not affected by the OB nerf, even though OB is my most used item (Speeder, Enforcer, Fixer), if anything, I like it better. I am learning to be statigic with it, and coupling it with Nitro. And Pulse nerf? It hurts I know, but Fixers are not ment to have full health at the end of the battle. (or be the last ship standing) So I don't see what all the fuss is about. It is a better balanced game, and Awesome.
    P.S. I am captain lvl 22.

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  16. r4z

r4z Member

Judging from the few short and firm replies from the officials, I can only conclude they don't give 2 sh|ts about what the players want/need.
    Matchmaking is still garbage, targeting still average/bad, but hey the nerf hammer will draw the attention somewhere else.

I said it before and I'll say it again, when a game maker that uses Google Play/Apple Store doesn't listen, players aren't defensless.
    HOW DO YOU DEFEND? YOU HEAD OVER TO YOUR GOOGLE STORE/APPLE STORE AND YOU GIVE THEM :
    1 Star

17. r4z

r4z Member

diplomacy implies the parties are willing to talk and reach an agreement
    here it's all one sided, our opinion counts for nothing

18. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

after finally getting my hands on some rare turbos, my speed reached some new heights. i am no longer that slow'der with uncommon turbo. even though the OB nerf hurts, 6 seconds between uses, its less of a pain with 1.55 base speed...
    dont care about tesla shield atm, dr.buzzkill is expensive and rare t2 breaks after one shot, so not worth the parts.
    the sniper nerf could have been a little harder though. crits are still OP and it is still the most overused weapon.

19. Klakierro

Klakierro New Member

After this update its hard to Say it was good update...unfortunetly match Making its worst before update for me. Im making almoust 90% Games dmg over 2,5k, but if li play 15 Games and 12 Games my teammates are Noooooooobs how can i go upper on ranking. My infamy now after this noobs Games is around 1,3k, i was start with 1.9 in this season and now game treat me like a Tanker and rewards for 3k dmg is 2,5k gold-1k sugar-0 stars.... Im rly disapoited after this update.... Hopfly admins will fix this losing row matchmaking.

20. Rokstrmahesh

Rokstrmahesh Active Member

Fixer is nerfed too much, i cannot even up my infamy, it heals too less.