1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Over 17000 battles and I have nothing to show for it.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Rez Messing, 24 May 2018.

1. F.QTR

F.QTR Active Member

I do work unfortunately
    Add me in the game same name you will find me in Guardsmen Elite guild top 10 guilds and I will assist you how to play but please share your inventory all to know what to do.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  2. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I think it might actually depend on your infamy, if you are below 2500 infamy when you switch from MK5 to MK6, then you will see a significant change to your matchmaking.
    If you are above 2500 infamy when you make the switch then you might not see much difference.
    I am still a MK5 playing at around 2900 to 3200 infamy and typically 90% of the boats in my battles are MK6's. So if I ever upgrade to MK6 I don't think I would see any difference in my matchmaking.
    When I was at 2100 infamy a few months ago most of my battles were against MK5 ships, with the occasional MK6. HOWEVER, whenever I fleeted with a guildmate of similar infamy who had a MK6, all of a sudden, my battles were filled with other MK6 ships. When our fleeting ended, my battles went back to normal(mostly MK5s). I don't think this is coincidence. So I would just say that the experience might be different based upon your infamy when you upgrade.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  3. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

Thank you for helping that dude :)

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  4. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    That is something that changed a while back. Used to be, once you went MK6 you disappeared from MK5 and lower battles all together.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

HOW DARE YOU SPELL BLACKTAIL’S NAME WRONG!?!

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Crap lol. Probably because I was typing very fast on the phone keyboard back then xD

Nam_Nam likes this.
  7. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

A lot of helpful comments. This is a healthy community: People try to help each other.

Fluid Bait, TheAntiSnipe and Nam_Nam like this.
  8. TRFrostSaker

TRFrostSaker Member

Programmer
    I don't know how to feel about this post, but I'll try to help....
    1) Your perks are mostly bad you need to think in a strategy to play. Perks are a really important part of most builds and I feel you just put in the best ones you can get.
    2) Your weapons don't have synergy at all, what's your rotation? How do you deal with each type of ship?
    3) What level are your crew members?
    4) How do you like to play?

Rez Messing and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. Medullaoblongata

Medullaoblongata Active Member

Your setup reflects the bad choices you have made in building it

1) Why use crit chance perk on your blast canon while you already have 1 weapon to assist its burn damage.Switch to all fire-perks/all damage perks on your blast canon

2) After 17K battles i doubt anyone without a T5 rare big shield! My guess is you scrapped all rare shields thinking that you have one epic.Well! It doesn't work that way

3) Cool-down perk on tri torp? Bad idea! I would use Uncommon damage perk over cool down

You have prioritized epics more than rares,Big mistake on your part.Building two weakest epics of the meta (Tri torp,std mortar) and T1 epic big shield clearly states that.

10. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I miss something for the long range in your setup, like a Sniper or Long Range Mortar, because most are close range weapons and as a Shooter you can not get away quickly, better to have a mix of long and close range weapons.

11. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    For the shield I used to have a t4 rare, but never got enough to make it t5. Then I got the epic shield, once I took that up to 10 it was just as strong as my t4 shield, so I scrapped the rare and replaced it with the epic, seeing that if I ever (doubtful) get another epic shield it will be that much stronger. I don’t get epic shields, I get epic turret goo and epic rudders all the time. Although, I’m always offered another epic shield for 50 bucks.... always at the end of the month when I have no money.

12. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    Something I think I’ve figured out about my game play. Changes are coming next month. I am hopeful that I’ll be in the 2000 infamy range soon. I’ll let you know how it goes.

13. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Good luck!

Rez Messing likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

Wait what? Hold on. Nowhere is the rare t4 weaker than a BASE epic. Dude, you seem to have made a big mistake there.

Let me give you an example:
    Screenshot_2018-05-29-20-35-54-191_com.rovio.battlebay.png This beast right here is my rare lv40 big shield. 1602 HP right there, boom
    Screenshot_2018-05-29-20-36-11-129_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    This featherweight is a epic lv19 big shield.

Rez Messing and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  15. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    Your epic also has only one perk. I’m using what perks I have.

16. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    As another aside, when I started this thread, I was at 1100 infamy, iv’e made my way back up to 1400... so far.

17. TheAntiSnipe

#TheStruggleIsReal

Also, have you decided what you wanna be in the game? A brawler, a sniper, or control?

18. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    I love brawling. We are here to fight are we not? I’m not such a fan of playing peek-a-boo, if you know what I mean. The mayhem of hand to hand combat is a rush. :)

Spinners71 likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

Well then, if you're going for CQC, I know quite a few people that can help you in that department. I for one am a bezerker by style.

Your priorities are below:
    1. GET A MK6
    2. Brock:- Your best friend in brawls. Brock has superb trainings for armor, use them whenever you get the chance to.
    3. Bhurt:- Bhurt has guns. You'll want a blast cannon/explosive cannon levelled and ready to wreck ASAP. You can only choose one though. I highly recommend explosive cannons with burn trainings on priority. Blast cannons pair very well with raw damage, so make sure you use raw damage talents on blast whenever possible.
    4. Carro:- Yes, the carronade. You HAVE to get one up to epic t4. It is SUPERB.

This is what your brawler setup should look like:

Shooter mk6
    Blast
    Explosive
    Flare/another explosive
    Carronade
    Firebomb/napalm/Triptorps with burn chance perks if you have them.

20. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

Buy an mk6 shooter buddy , you will be better....
    Start using snipers min. 2pcs + 1flaregun.