1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

On the Subject of the Sniper Cannon

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by CaffeinatedChris, 30 Nov 2017.

1. Memorize

Memorize Member

They’re not invisible either having speeder is scouting or they’ve crew longer range unlock.
    Yes would love to see new weapons it’s more than a year now last weapon was Explosive cannon.
    Crew talent force us to use different weapons that’s why mostly they’re choosing sniper.

2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Sorry, people keep saying that speeders are OP in Nightmare. If that isn’t the case, then I stand corrected.

vis1234567899 likes this.
  3. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

we wouldnt know would we as we are all to bad, but think speeder is op if u can get used to advantages like speede and drawbacks like low hp.

4. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

What do you stand corrected for?

5. ViscountSniffit

I said that (in Nightmare) sniper ‘apparently’ wasn’t enough to keep speeders in check (evidenced by the speeders over-represention in the top 100).

And you corrected me, and appeared to insinuate that I had my facts wrong. Ergo... I have been corrected, and here I stand (metaphorically) in a state of correctedness.

Shadow Moon! and Mr. Chompers like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Why. Not. Just. Spread out the talent tree? So that sniper cannons gain their full potential at Nightmare? Thats a good suggestion isn't it? Look, compare the sniper cannon's tree to blast or ex. Face it, sniper cannon gains it's 80-90% capability too early on. This should be the first step to nerfing it! Just spread out the talents!

7. ViscountSniffit

Absolutlely, I’ve seen L21 Rare sniper critting for ~800 damage. My t3 Epic Explosive Cannon currently does 578, and that’s with an Epic Damage Perk, and Bhurt trained past t4 (+20% to ExC). Even my L40 Blast doesn’t hit that hard, and it’s slower with half the range!

That kind of damage, that early in the game, is just ridiculous.

And it only gets worse. I’ve got screen shots of rare t4 sniper and railgun side by side, and the sniper is delivering bigger hits, more often, than the railgun (lower consistency is completely offset by the higher firing rate).

Last edited: 18 Dec 2017
    vis1234567899 likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

Precisely. Let's make it spread out so that it gains it's full ability at late Ace-early Nightmare

9. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Scroll to page--4,What do you think!
    The thing you are talking about this 50% bigger crit hit perks.They are available too early in the game and also i wrote the entire thing about how tree should be managed,Maybe you can add your cent

And also i believe that wont do much,Becuase the projectile speed endgame gives it ridiculous accuracy.Making talents clash with it would do the job

Attached Files:

TheAntiSnipe and ViscountSniffit like this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

+1 this, m8! Support!

Babablacksheep likes this.
  11. ViscountSniffit

I think would help, but this is all based on the assumption that sniper really is balanced in Nightmare. Based on YSL’s video, I’m not entirely convinced that it is any less of a problem there either.

Last edited: 18 Dec 2017
  12. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Yea its accurate,Very accurate! But trust me that was one video (She has like a lot of 1 vs 4 and 1 vs 3,A lot!).Sniper starts becoming a problem for shooter,enfo(not using dual Tesla shield)and fixer(More than any other boat).

Speeders become harder to hit with every rising mk at long range,and especially the mk7 (Get speed gain)with epic T5 overboos.

It is balanced end game becuase even if yo manage to hit a 2k crit hit to a speeder when its near by,You are already half destroyed by thier flare+Explosive while they hide and heal back up(Bandage),Till then,if you are the above three ships i mentoined,already sunk.

Although i do understand 2K Hit is too harsh when it requires lesser skills than Rare T5 Big torpedo doing the same damage.Hence,I can assure you with decreased projectile (Talent clash with crit chance) would do the job

P.S.---> I wouldnt believe a word of of P2W speeder says,If you watch her videos or T-Pro or many other speeders,Taking down 4 enemies single handedly seems like daily deal for them which is ridiculous!!

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  13. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Because it’s ridiculous in Nightmare. ~45% chance and 2000+ dmg at any range is not balanced

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

We'll let you Nightmare peeps balance it out on your end since most of us are not in Nightmare and should'nt make balance changes there since we do not have the necessary qualification(no sarcasm, raw truth). To make the sniper cannon balanced in Ace 3-1 we need this to happen. A nerf above that is not necessary to balance it in Ace. Is this part at least agreed by everyone in the community?

A55A51N and tonberryking98 like this.
  15. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

That has nothing to do to this thread.

ThatOnion and A55A51N like this.
  16. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

then how about 1% for each 1 def?

17. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Give sniper a min. distance (of 4-8 meters?), add perks that reduce min. range, and nerf bhurt's sniper training.

18. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Even in master league:
    upload_2017-12-18_12-4-35.png
    13 seconds later, when the fixer was healing me:
    upload_2017-12-18_12-6-44.png
    Ikr, the graphics are beautiful.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  19. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

2600 damage crits are madness, nightmare or not..

20. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

true that , the problem is how i can combat that with my tier 3 blast cannon dealing only 540 dama