1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

On the Subject of the Sniper Cannon

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by CaffeinatedChris, 30 Nov 2017.

1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Because in short range we hit waves. Very frequently. And are up against ex cannons and blast cannons that can shoot freely. We usually wait 15s between shots despite the 11s cooldown for the shot to not hit a wave while blast cannon as soon as it's ready you can give it a go.

Play sniper before you ask for nerfs and you will see it for yourself.

2. Joey who

Just because it is used doesn't mean it's op. Everyone uses turbo. Is turbo op just because everyone uses it? No.

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Actually yes. Turbo has a huge problem with relative balance, to the point where it’s basically killing half of the blue items, and all variety in the game.

Fortunately, most people are able to get a turbo, and it doesn’t have any crew conflicts. However, if it were a 1 in 19 item, that conflicted with other things people had spent ages training up, then it would be extremely OP for the people who had it.

4. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    My infamy is not going up because i don’t have epic t5 items, and i need them to get over 4,2 k

5. tonberryking98

tonberryking98 Active Member

If the zoom of the sniper was increased or the basic sniper rifle scope was added, the weapon could actually have some drawbacks like all other weapons. Either of these would make it harder for a sniper to track a close-range unfriends. Yes it sucks to be crit, but for the sniper-user, it sucks to not crit. Let them keep the thrill of gambling for crits.

6. Joey who

That part wasn't directed at you. Idk your ign anyways

7. Joey who

They think sniper crits 100% of the time

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Lol tru. I'm off, I have made all the arguments I wanted to make, and don't have stuff to say about it. Nerf it, keep it, whatevs. Beware the pro speeders tho. Lol.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  9. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

It is 100% for recipients because 5 snipers hits you out of which 3 are crits. See from receivers perspective not users. User will always find anything they use awfully underpowered.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  10. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

hi there. sniper and speeder user here. i do not think either is underpowered and have argued multiple times on both fronts that both are overpowered. this is getting toxic though and so many people are just assuming that the people calling for sniper nerfs are just trying to gain a competitive advantage. i do not think that is the case, and it is the opposite for me. the sniper cannon is just simply too versatile and has no major drawbacks. there is a reason it is the most popular weapon in the game (probably at every range of infamies).

can anyone against sniper nerfs please explain why it is the most popular weapon? keep it civil.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

It no longer is :)
    According to the new data which was pulled by @Tirth2_ the explosive cannon is now the most popular.
    You can see the data here: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/mid-season-item-and-ship-popularity-snapshot-12-12-18.15226/

Last edited: 12 Dec 2017
  12. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

Among top 50 players? Yes it is! :)

Help I Cant Swim and Ash KOT like this.
  13. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

that is almost comical to summarize the entirety of the player base with the top 50 whales.... we need data for the entire player base over 1000 (random number to keep out beginners) infamy. if someone can point me to where i can find this, i will analyze it. @The Otherguy, @CaffeinatedChris...

14. Tirth2_

Good Luck with that! :)

The Otherguy likes this.
  15. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I didn't summarise the entire player base on this data, but its enough to give us an idea and I dont think we have any better data taken from a larger set of players?
    Last time this "whale data" was recorded and sniper was most common there were fingers pointing saying "sniper is the most used weapon, needs a nerf".

I know you said that we cannot trust the data that Tirth provided, so out of interest what data did you use to conclude sniper is the most used weapon in the game?

16. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Been asking, I'll get you on the mailing list if I ever manage to pull data along with the other "meta-snapshot" creators, and we can all do some math.

17. Tirth2_

I don't think there is any way to arrange the data, for every player above 1K infamy!

Plus, even if we had, would you analyse thousands and thousand of ship loadouts? :)
    Good luck with that! :)

18. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

should have said "most popular among top 50 players," but you didn't.

this is exactly why i requested (and will continue to request) access to more data. we need transparency and to see what the general population is actually using instead of basing things off of the 0.001%.

at this point i don't really care what they do or don't do to sniper cannon. haven't played a game in a couple days and only a drastic update would change that.

19. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

yes. just give me every game played with each ship and their loadout. some simple formulas would turn all of that data into results in no time. i don't even need the infamy restriction. just give me the infamies of the player at the time of that battle.

battle #, ship, infamy, slot 1, slot 2, slot 3, etc.., results (damage, healing, stars, win/loss)

20. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Very true, my bad :)
    Its late in the day and got some stuff to do.

Yep, more data can only be a good thing!

Help I Cant Swim likes this.