1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

OMG I’M A GENIUS!

Discussion in 'The World of Battle Bay' started by HARPO!, 11 Mar 2018.

?

Do you like my idea? I mean come on, It’s pretty good!

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Yes

6. Yes

7. Yes

8. Yes

9. Yes

10. No? Really? Try again.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Yes, irony is when you try to point out to someone in a lighthearted way that they’ve made a humorous spelling mistake, but they mistake your intentions and think that you’re attacking them. Sorry for any offence caused.

2. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Where did I make a spelling error? I hate it when I do that.

Nikkie! likes this.
  3. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

You’re a genius, not a genious.
    NB - loved you’re videos on map control. I recommended it to all my guild. I think there’s still one map that you didn’t cover though (damage depot, unless I missed it due to distractions when watching??)- is it possible you can do that in future?

Nikkie! likes this.
  4. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Not the minesweeper. :eek:

I get a quite a few minesweeper badges. I'm even going to name my ship minesweeper if rovio adds it in an update. You can't take my rewards away for that. I get so little of it anyway.:(

Nikkie! and PastelPiku like this.
  5. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Hey thanks for the feedback, I’ll change that, sorry, lol. Thanks for the feedback on the vids, too.

Yeah those maps will happen later as they are more advanced maps. I will also be doing other vids later too, so stay posted.

6. peaceful monkey

peaceful monkey Active Member

Just one word
    GENIUS

Nikkie!, PastelPiku and HARPO! like this.
  7. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Lol

8. Capitan Defender

Capitan Defender Well-Known Member

defender's heaven fields
    Ya all must THINCC for this INTELIGENS,cause with no geniusness,there is no hope(well,world already is going to hell,so y i even try to do?)(yes i made that grammar so badly coz why no?)

HARPO! likes this.
  9. Capitan Defender

Capitan Defender Well-Known Member

defender's heaven fields
    How do u get onto these thing?i stumbeled ln this things like 13 times in my life of battle bay,and im DEFENDUR,if u r defender,i undestand,but if u see a min3...dot walk over it unless a teammade does the safety checc

10. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

The number one problem in Battle Bay, BY FAR, is that the developers failed to think out their incentive structure. So now you want to provide incentives for all sorts of random crap like "last stand"? Why?

I can see adding some SMALL infamy bonus in for great team players but someone is going ot need to show me how we define a "great team player". It sure as heck isn't the the last boat or the one that did the most damage or (looks guilty) the guy tho gets hit by 90 torps.

11. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Or does it. The last man standing is usually the guy who understands the map more and knows how to play it. And if he kills people while in that situation, oh yeah definitely a good team player.

If someone is taking a crap ton of torps, then he is taking the bullet for a teammate.

And the guy who did the most damage, definelty is the best player on the team.

It’s these kind of people that battle bay players need to and help because they obviously know what they are doing.

12. Snapshot

I think you've highlighted your own problem. Sure, sometimes the last man standing is in fact the best player. Other times it's that cursed shooter lobbing mortars from behind a rock. I just lost a match due to one of those. I don't know if he was highest damage but he was up there.... a total loss to the team. As the guy who is often "taking craploads of torps" that doesn't mean I was sucking up torps for my team. It means I was an idiot who got caught out of position and died in seconds. The guy who did the most damage is most definitely NOT the best person on the team. All that means is that he's a shooter with fire bomb. I'd need to know a lot more about the actual match before i decided who was best.

Most of the badges were obviously in jest. If you put rewards on them you suddenly start making what was a joke real. I think that's a very bad idea unless you want the game itself to become [even more of a] joke.

Babablacksheep and Shadow Moon! like this.
  13. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

That’s why the badge system can be improved to reward those players and not the dum gamer speeders, Fire bomb spammers, and mortar sitters

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. Snapshot

You know what I'd say if I was one of the developers?

"Great Idea! You write up the rules for how the game can programmatically identify the good team players and I'll be happy to code it up."

Given that I know you will never succeed at that task it's sort of an empty commitment. I've already punched holes in every example you've given and I'm perfectly prepared to go ahead and punch holes in any other "good player attributes" you'd care to come up with.

Last edited: 20 Mar 2018
    Babablacksheep and #CK like this.
  15. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Do you even know who I am? I am HARPO! The motherfuckin HARPO! And how dare you think that you have the balls to “punch holes in my ideas.”

I don’t see you making map Control videos to help the community

I don’t see you posting about a script for the movie and entertaining over 500 people with it

I don’t see your posts getting frequently pinned or liked

So either you help this community, or go away.

My Grandpa told me that there are two kinds of people in this world, Builders and Destroyers, and you sir are a Builder.

P.S.-everyone knew that Napalm was a Map Control Weapon. Also, you’re a mk4 at the 1000 infamy range. When I was a mk4, I was at the 2000 infamy range. So I think I know what the fuck I’m talking about, PAL!

P.P.S.- Never anger HARPO!

@*JAWS* @PastelPiku @Gnu @TheAntiSnipe

Gnu and Snapshot like this.
  16. Snapshot

I am duly chastised.

It doesn't, of course, change the fact that your idea is hopelessly complicated. But you know what? I did, in fact, think of a metric which would accurately measure someone's contribution to their team winning. It's called "winning". Assuming we are all floating in the same sea of odds & sodds insofar as team mates go (and I think that's a safe assumption above 1500 infamy), then to the extent that my contribution is more than the average I will rise. My teams will win more... maybe only 1:20 more because I'm just one guy one a 5 person team and I'm not the god of Battle Bay. But still, if I'm better than most than my teams, on the average, have a little more than most and we will, on the average, win.

Babablacksheep and Shadow Moon! like this.
  17. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    #RIP @TheAntiSnipe He's gonna edit this and your post for swearing lmao

18. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    troll, u shouldnt just rant at someone and then tag the MVP so u can get ur post changed also. Whats the point of taging people, as its not like they are going to come and help u, he just said ur idea would never be implemented and tahts probably true. It is a philosophical question, who is a good team player? so really u shouldnt rant or whatever. He just said ur idea wouldnt work and then u go all out rage mode

19. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'll deal with this later;)

20. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Locking thread, please keep it civil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.