1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Now - 5v5 TDM with fleeting

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by YerJokinArnYer, 12 Jul 2018.

1. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    I agree, but it beats a 3-hour tour.

#DadJokesFTW

2. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I'm generally an optimist .. And I can typically see the reasoning behind most of the decisions ...

So, for this, I'm guessing the reasoning was "screw it, they'll complain anyways.. they're getting the same old infamy matches as an event."

That's the best I can come up with because an event based on the same, tired MM, with the same rules (except for giving people the ability to suicide mine the field) is not an event.

Flipscuba and *JAWS* like this.
  3. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

It’s cool to look at everyone’s gear score after the match, I was just in one with 9500 score and my teamates were all very close to 7650, whereas all 5 opponents were around 8150.

Was pretty easy to see how it was offset there and I won it big time ftr

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

For me it is different. I'm only seeing MK6's in my matches where normal matches have MK6-7 with occasional MK5. Gear Score is much more balanced.

YerJokinArnYer, Cavy and Jimbot like this.
  5. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

My matches are considerably more even than they were before. I love this event.

Spinners71 and Cavy like this.
  6. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I've had a horrible time with match making in previous events and the long waits before receiving my ass kicking was no fun either
    Last event was by far the worst I waited well over a minute for a match where I was the only mk5 with gs of 6.5k mixed with 3 mk6 or even 7 boats with 8-10k gs
    I know I'm a broken record lol
    This event tho I tip my hat to the devs :) time searching for trouble has been no different for me then normal matches even while fleeting and I've not seen a single mk6 in my matches :) nearly all mk5s like me some weaker gear but some stronger but over all majority of matches feels like every one can hold thier own
    Only non mk5 boats I've seen are mk4s belonging to higher lvl players
    Big step in the right direction (at least for my situation) cheers ravio

7. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

same horrible mm with the same ol' insane-gear-on-low-mk-ship f**kers for me... :(

fragglelator likes this.
  8. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

i feel ya pain :(
    But I take my experience as a good sign! Seems they've got it right for matches when players are just using thier good gear and not trying to shave thier gearscore? At least at my lvl
    Hopefully they'll get your side of the problem solved by next week end or soon after

SirName, Aether_Zero and R4Z0R like this.
  9. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

Perks suck, x2 time consuming, 3 coin for a lost = 1/2 compared to 2v2. No more of this pls.

SirName likes this.
  10. SirName

SirName Member

I'm going to keep playing so I can train all the captains, get some legendary low level weapons, and manipulate the events like some of the cheaters

11. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Hence The Question arrives..... How is the GS matchmaking? everyone?

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It actually looks reasonable for the first time. I still wish Gear Score itself reflected the item's actual value though. DPS for weapons, HPS for healing items. HP for Shields, etc and so forth. Therein lies where players can game the system.

13. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

So far it seems a lot more balanced than the last events, shooters and defenders everywhere again. And mine spammers deserve a special place in hell haha.

14. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Hoping for some good new perks next week XD

envylife likes this.
  15. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Favorite event so far! Even matches, and I happen to really enjoy 5v5.

16. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

Hmmm seen a few of this kind of matchups, but to be fair, when one of these is on our team, we win and when one of them is one the unfriends team, we lose. So perhaps, “balanced” over the course of multiple events.

17. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Agree with @*JAWS* ' deleted comment. 5v5 TDM has lost it's shine for me as well. The pace is too slow, and the perks are unoriginal, to be blunt.

New events, new content, please.

18. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You know, 3v3 "Armada" mode would be badass. Fleets of 3, unbalanced madness lol

19. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

Soooo apparently the more incendiary damage you dealt, the more coins you get I got 7 coins being on the losing side today and all I do was spam flare gun on highest HP ship for others to shoot lol how come I only know this?!

20. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

It’s always been that way, in all game modes. If you set someone one fire, and then someone else with a cannon with fire perks hits the ship, you get some of their contribution counted as your own.

Aether_Zero likes this.