1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Now - 5v5 TDM with fleeting

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by YerJokinArnYer, 12 Jul 2018.

1. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    I was saying that they probably have something big planned for the next update and that is why it’s not something huge for the event

2. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

The good. Most events are fun. And as long as pieces remain unchanged for amount needed to legendary piece. All events are rewarding.

The bad. 5vs5 format without an cool down, or boat speedups....is just regular mode. Ok...so they will add a few more deaths to the total...but not much to warrant calling it an event. There are no special rules. No special capture ability. Just some added deaths...regular mode style.

This event currently is the most unimaginative one the developers could have come up with.

So thanks developers for event coins and free epic and legendary pieces.
    But next time. Some sort of difference to seperate events from regular mode would be appreciated.

Look at forums. Tons of great ideas. Any of them would be better than regular mode 2.0
    From a creative standpoint.

Best regards,

Jaws

Last edited: 12 Jul 2018
  3. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Yes, it is 5v5, normal capture rules, normal global cooldown with fleeting now allowed.
    But you think this will be similar to gameplay to ranked?
    Personally I disagree with that analysis.

Players play extremely different in events than ranked.
    Ranked is like a fencing match with feints, pushes, retreats, defence, surgical strikes.
    5v5 Events are like a bar room brawl. If rewards are similar to previous, then aggression is rewarded more that careful gameplay, meaning that defence goes out the window and it’s a case of who can deal most damage quickly, and who can absorb the most without dying (meaning that defender and shooter will be strong, as will players with good fleet partners)
    So yes, a lot of the rules are similar, but I believe that there’ll be no comparison in gameplay.

4. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Ooh I may break in my new Mk5 speeder for this... Double blast happy times!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same, also funny how I haven’t really seen many “when’s the next update threads” this update has done a pretty good job for what it is. The next event has replaced the next update. Kind of

FiiNami likes this.
  6. XQT

XQT Member

I just wished for this event, each player could only die once in the match. Once the player die twice, he or she is out of the match. This would prevent players from recklessly attacking and dying to the detriment of his or her team. Also, we can have the chance to eliminate the best player or the fixer from the opposing team.

7. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

Wel
    Well maybe this can he another event then..it sounds fun to me, die once and you gotta basically change approach not to die again!

8. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

stickying this till end of event :)

9. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Is that even a word? :)

10. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

it is not necessary to create a new thread for every new event ,

11. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

it's a word now :D:cool:

12. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I like it as we often discuss possible tactics etc and which worked last time. It is a community who occasionally do like to help each other out with some intel.

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Ooh... Sounds squishy, I wish you luck;)

Aether_Zero likes this.
  14. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

Check the previous page, a few things were mentioned but as you said currently it is obvious what people will try, however usually people post on here during the event and say what is working especially if you say what you are using and start the convo which I try to on longer events.

Aether_Zero likes this.
  15. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

3 wins from 4 so far... I found the secret to negate the squishiness... Turns out, the trick is.... DONT GET HIT! lmao ;)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

My review is ready; don’t like it.

The 2v2 was best and the boosted stuff was fun/different... please continue to make LTMs that are different from regular matches...

I guess this one is just a pure view of the GS matchmaking but after this no more testing please, just fun.

TheAntiSnipe and Sidd gamer like this.
  17. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

New event is going to be really tough to get 900 coins. Since the matches are going to take a lot longer to complete.

No benefit for kills made in this event. So not much sense to play speeder in this event. I go around cleaning up the scraps with 3 times as many kills as the rest of my team, yet get the fewest coins. I guess it's time for Mine-Fest.

Last edited: 13 Jul 2018
    Aether_Zero likes this.
  18. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

@Miika @The Grim Repair @Pinecone
    Please read VIP chat and forum post starting to pop up. The matchmaking is taking a good 5 minutes or much longer to get a fleet match for this 5vs5 Event.

This is much slower than the other events. Please try to fix this asap.

Also...just this sharks suggestion. Stop doing 5v5 events. Keep it to the 1, 2, 3 until this matchmaking can be sped up drastically. Having been a 5k player before. The only comparison is to regular mode have infamy super high and not catching a match. Now everyone is being slowed down in this event. S.o.s. time. Read VIP. And see what can be done to fix asap. Or 900 coins this event will be impossible.

Thanks from the Shark

xArrogance and What's Up Player like this.
  19. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

Flare and Blast Cannon is way tooo Dangerous! Even a t3 epic BC with fire perks on it does around 1.1k dmg with each shot!

My Poor defender!

20. Gilligans Island

Gilligans Island New Member

Dont really care for this event. If fleeted takes forever and a day to get in a match. Same as a regular game nothing special.