1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Noob to Noob: Let's talk about togetherness

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Snapshot, 26 Feb 2018.

1. D4RK51D3

D4RK51D3 New Member

CH!NK (Crazy Homeless! No Kidding)
    I actually don't agree with your comment. I usually love to Battle with the fixer not defensively but more like a tank. But sometimes it fails miserably, but I'm able to fix all those others who floated forward with me before the other team knocks me out so they could win. How else would you fix your mates if your sitting back in defense while your mates get points. Besides that only recently have I seen players circle back around looking to be fixed most times I see them blast forward just to notice everyone's dead before I could even chug into the Battle. But then again the MK2 fixers are limited to 1 weapon

2. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think a lot of people try. For every time there was some fixer who totally ignored me while I died I'm sure there's been some fixer getting slowly slaughtered by an enemy wondering, "Where the heck is my speeder?"

3. Snapshot

I don't think the comment meant "the fixer should play conservatively". Rather, if our team has a fixer and theirs does not then our entire team should play conservatively. After all, we will win any war of attrition.

This assumes, of course, a real fixer and not a selfish fixer. Selfish fixers don't help the team in that way.

Mr.FixIt.Nsk and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  4. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I mean the whole team has to play defensively. Your team has the ability to heal back up so you want to whittle away at their health while keeping your team's alive. This only fails if the enemy's power is too overwhelming for your team as a whole.

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  5. Snapshot

Or... if an enterprising little speeder takes out their fixer :)

That'd be my job since I can absolutely guarantee that my team will not have sufficient aggressiveness to deal with that situation. When they have a fixer and we don't is one of the few times I don't feel guilty letting my natural aggression run free. I figure we're almost certain to lose if I don't take the fixer out so why not?

6. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    You're the team's beacon of hope :)
    The only other option is to take each unfriend out 1 at a time quickly before they retreat and heal. The most difficult teams I've fought against did a really good job tagging in and out of battle.

Da Carronade King likes this.
  7. Snapshot

It happens. So what I'll do is loiter within striking range and look for lucky torp hits as I usually do. If one comes up I will, of course, take it. But unlike a "normal" match, I'm aware that there's a clock running here so if nobody lands a hit on that fixer or disrupts the enemies some other way then I'm going to. Worth noting here is that I needn't kill the fixer. Every second that fixer is fleeing from me and the fixer's team is trying to target me I've taken most of their team out of the match. Sometimes my team is even on the right side of the map to take advantage of that.

For all that I suffer from excess aggression, there's no doubt in my mind that most players (at least at my infamy) are far too cautious.

8. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I got rare NITRO and now it's lvl 8 (+309% of speed) so I started playing speeder and I found it op, but I can't find good combination of weapons for my mk2 speeder, can you help?
    photo of my inventory:
    [​IMG]

TheAntiSnipe and PastelPiku like this.
  9. Snapshot

I'm confused. If you find your speeder over-powered then why do you need a better combination of weapons than what you have?

That being said, there are lots of weapon choices that work on a speeder. I use flare and blast cannon with +burn damage perks in the blast cannon. So first I light them up with the flare, then I hit them with the blast cannon. I've seen all sorts of other weapons including frost/torpedo, dual sniper, etc. etc. My opinion is that it isn't the weapons that matter on a speeder. In the end, you only have 2 gun tubes. At my level, no matter what guns I put in them they are going to do roughly 600 damage each or 1200 total. In all cases I'm going to have to fire them then evade the enemy for 12 or so seconds. Arguably, the only really different weapon choices are mine & torp since they do substantially more than "normal" damage enabling one-shot kills.

What I think matters an awful lot more on a speeder is reading the rhythm of the battle. You need to know when to attack and when to flee. As long as I can get in, do my 1200hp of damage, then get out again does it really matter what weapons I'm using to do the damage? What matters an awful lot more (to me) is the turbo and overboost since those are the things that enable you to "get in" to the enemy pack and then get back out again.

10. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Today it was me and two fixers vs a shooter and two fixers. One enmy fixer was on its own, waiting to be slaughtereed. I bet the two fixer would have won by themselves but I was there as a distraction for the shooter.

11. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Lol u seem to have some tactics, I go by the way of randomly going for anyone I can see, and boom I am dead.
    On another note, well done for reaching level 31 in 3-4 months. I am only level 32

Last edited: 3 Mar 2018
    Snapshot likes this.
  12. Snapshot

Yes well, my tactics are a lot better in text on these boards in the cold light of day. In the heat of the battle I get distracted by SomethingShiny(tm) regularly also... and die to it.

One lone fixer all by himself but I don't know where the rest of his team is? Oh yeah, I'm going for that! Oh wait! His team was right behind him around that corner. *sigh*

13. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Lol I think there was this time when two fixers were just there healing each other so I race towards them and guess what, not only do I run into the enemy team, I also get one-shotted by a tier 5 epic big Torp. But I find as fixer, mixing it up works as well( both what u do and what weapons u use) when my torp comes out they think I use another torp so they get in close, then I used my carronade. In one match I might stun then carro, then torp but another time in the same match, I would do it in a differnt order.

Snapshot likes this.
  14. Snapshot

To be fair, I suspect most non-speeders don't really understand the Speeder Life. I find my speeder is very boolean. I get 0 damage finishes fairly regularly. I also get 3 star finishes. The bottom line is that when your attacking a clustered pack of 5 enemies all by yourself then it's a high-risk endeavor. Death is always one mistake or bad luck incident away. My shooter was not this way even though I tended to be up close and personal with it. The much larger HP pool and much greater firing power made it a lot less likely to get a 0 damage finish.

I certainly have a much more charitable view of the low-scoring speeders on my team than I used to. I assume that things just didn't go well for them this time rather than they are awful.

15. ShipCrusherCz

I think that speeder is somehow over-powered because of it's speed and ability to evade shots, but I thought you can tell me some good combination of weapons because my blast cannons do good damage but I have problems with speed of shots and range (it's hard to get close to enemies when they are able to one shot me), but still thanks for tips;)

16. Snapshot

Yes, it is hard to get close. But it isn't better weapons that is going to enable that. It is better tactics. A few tens or hundred points of damage is not going to either save you or kill your target. Think of it this way. I just upgraded my flare from R30 to R40. Tomorrow I'll be updating my BC from R30-R40. I don't expect to see any significant changes in my game play despite non-trivial upgrades to damage.

It comes down to picking the right moment. Look for the time when the enemies are all engaged with your team then come in from behind.

The next thing you need to now after the right time to attack is the right time to flee. Often I get one salvo (both guns) and then I'm out again. You have to be mentally tracking the entire rest of the team and what direction their turrets are turned in. You need to be estimating how much time you have till the swing around to find you. You need to be gone before 20 guns are all pointed at your little tiny boat. Here's a rule I have hardcoded in my head. I repeat it EVERY SINGLE TIME I attack the enemy pack.

OK Snap. You just killed one of them. Yes they know about it. Yes they want revenge. You need to leave... far and fast.

17. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Or u give it ur all and try and bring them all down. Or distract them long enough for ur teammates to get them

18. ShipCrusherCz

thanks for tips, knew that before but I need to master it now (and it will be even harder now becuase I keep rising my infamy)

Snapshot likes this.
  19. Snapshot

Yeah well, let's not make it seem like I'm the pro at my awesome 1600 infamy either. I have to learn these lessons too. Like you, I know what I need to do. Actually doing it in the heat of battle is a whole other kettle of fish.

20. ShipCrusherCz

yeah it's hard, but I got today rare flare gun from chest so it might be easier