1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

No active chat moderation will cause legal problems for your game...

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Tripple Moon, 12 Aug 2017.

1. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Your Countries judges have zero authority over an American company, they can only block you from using the game.

2. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    You're mistaken, American or any other foreign company have zero authority over the laws in another country.
    Ps: The company isn't American ;)
    The danger here is that the company will be IP and DNS blocked from players inside Turkey.
    Again it's not me who will be in loss but the company will be. (financially)

Anyyyyhow, lets stop trying to confince me and agree to disagree, lets discuss a positive solution to the problem at hand.
    Which is no active moderator for the foreign chat channels the game operator is providing.

3. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

There's no "active" moderation for any channel, insofar as there's not a channel in the game which routinely has a moderator sit watching it. Nearly 100% of moderation is done through chat reporting. This is a generally accepted practice for all online content. I just have one question for you: is Xbox live and/or PSN blocked for you? If not, no way Battle Bay ends up blocked. It's the same exact scenario. People swear on those services constantly, and if your country which is, and I quote, "well known" for blocking specific services based on some local morality statute hasn't blocked them, it's not going to happen for a game which doesn't even carry voice chat.

BasedCarpen likes this.
  4. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    I hate to repeat myself and agree to disagree.

5. Daidem

Daidem New Member

How about something like volunteer player moderators ? Someone who won't misuse, with a badge on their profile and groups assigned different time zone to monitor. Where their reports support with screenshots are send separately.
    Picking volunteers an monitoring won't be an easy tasks

6. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    Now we're talking in a positive and productive way, yes that would be a good way it's been proven to work in other games.

BUT it needs to be monitored closely to prevent friend favoring, so the comunity needs a way to rate their work also...
    PS: Just a badge on their profile won't do, they need a distinctive color in the chat and a instant mute also....
    Ofcourse their mute duration would be at most like 30mins which should be enough to silence the offender enough.
    The screenshot that will be sent along with the mute will provide enough background for the staff to see why and if seemed appropriate enlarge the duration.

PPS: When someone is muted for an offensive chat, that said line should be hidden from public so others won't keep seeing it afterwards. Else it has NO real value at all...

Last edited: 15 Aug 2017
  7. Daidem

Daidem New Member

Yeah, maybe in different color
    where the volunteer notifies, if the player repeat the same act after the warning; mute the respective player for some time being.

8. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    Now that i think about it, maybe they should also given the power to mute the whole channel for a brief moment, untill done with the administrative work of reporting and muting theoffender(s).
    Otherwise it will be nearly impossible to stop a chat war...

9. Daidem

Daidem New Member

'Mutening the whole channel for a brief moment,' I don't know about this. Maybe if it's a VERY SERIOUS case:cool:.

10. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    Trust me, some provocators say such things, that it instantly starts a chat war with multiple people involved...
    For those cases a channel freeze is necessary.

Daidem likes this.