1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Next event - 5v5 Cap or Kill

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by YerJokinArnYer, 18 Jul 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Event : boring, nothing special or new.
    Perks: good they added new ones, but why only 2? Why not to create special perks for every item and alternate those every event, not only two of them. Would be more interested I think.

2. Prime Lightning

Prime Lightning Member

People always saying rudder is useless. It’s awesome on Defender, but nobody believes me lol

3. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

It's nice, but I'd like it to be usable in Enfos, Fixers or Shooters. A Rudder/Gear Lube perk that gave additional Boat speed would be great, so it would be a possibility to use it instead of a Turbo. The newly introduced perk does just nothing.

What's Up Player likes this.
  4. Prime Lightning

Prime Lightning Member

Yeah I agree. Someone suggested before to make rudder and gear lube into one item. That seems the best idea

5. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Why can't capture be just capture? Why not have 3 zones to capture and control? Every game has this mode.

Or give us a capture meter like tug o' war. Whatever % my team captures remains as our score even if we die, and the two teams try to see who can hold it the most in 5 minutes. So battles will be 325% to 280% etc. Then coins can be given for highest %.

My biggest problem with this mode is damage is too big huge factor for coins. I can capture the whole time, and win and get 10 coins with 0 damage. But if we lose, then I get 0 coins even though I tried the most to capture. Please fix this!

Any way we could get 3v3v3 matches? Thats something different. Or free for all? Last man standing.

RageGauge, Hokuse and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  6. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

You know what's coming next - "Boosted 5v5 Cap/Kill with fleets":D:cool:

7. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

at the end of day it is a "new", event :rolleyes::oops:

Mad_Bulls_007 likes this.
  8. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I actually really want that legendary rudder perk to slap on my legendary rudder. So much turning!

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

MRW I see another Cap 'n' kill event:
    tenor_1529955357338.gif
    Frankly speaking, there's no event that has been worse than this one. No strategy, just pure closerange spam.

10. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

This new coin distribution thing is terrible - typically 0-4 coins for the losers and 5-8 for the winners ..

I get that they're trying to put more emphasis on winning over damage .. but it makes the event that much more unbearable when you have crap teammates.

My solution: change respawn timers to 10, 20, 30 seconds and so on for each death (which would lead to earlier captures for strategic teams), fix the bug that allows fire damage to stop captures, and shorten mine timers or make them explode on death.

Then award coins based on performance (from 0-7/8 with 2/3 more awarded to the winners).

Mad_Bulls_007 likes this.
  11. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Another boring 5vs5 event

What's Up Player likes this.
  12. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Lmao, I love that thumbnail!

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  13. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    It's because rudder is all you need for all your item slots.

14. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Some of us benefit from close range spam.

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Sure they do lol. As I said, it's my personal reaction;)

16. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I'm just going to sit in capture with my 17k HP mk6 and let everyone else fight it out because I'm too tired of this sh!t.

17. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Did someone say double mine enforcer? :D

Programmers usually architect for 1 of something, 2 of something or N of something. Changing from one to another after the fact is often a lot of work.
    I've no idea how battle bay is designed, but I imagine refactoring for more than 2 teams could be quite costly, since it probably affects every single layer of their code (from the network protocol, to the server and client game logic, to the UI). It's most likely much easier to add a new event mode mode that build on the 2 team system they already have - ex: something like destroy the unfriends base/infrastructure (3 fuel/ammo depots, etc..).

So, I wouldn't expect more than 2 teams any time soon, but I do expect they'll add something that's more involved than just tweaking a normal ranked game parameter (like they've done with cooldown, speed, etc..).

(Just making educated guesses here, obviously..)

Last edited: 19 Jul 2018
  18. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Love it - thanks Rovio! Don't care if I win or lose, but I am that much closer to legendary weapons and min 50k to quest contribution! :cool::D:D:D (oh and I get to play enforcer in training which is hella fun)

Da Carronade King likes this.
  19. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    its impossible to play speeder some shooters come with 5 mines and they just smam mines

20. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

I thought I remembered seeing the answer to it before, but I can’t find it now. Question; even though they’re not in the list of perks, are all the perks available during the event? For example, Fixer item perks. Don’t see any in the list, but if I claim perks will they still among the selection? Don’t want to spend coins if the perks I’m hoping for aren’t even available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.