1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

NEWS: Balance changes & NEW ship: Meet your REAPER!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 30 Oct 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I earned 7500 interceptor pieces last event (could have easily done more but didn’t have the time or patience) and planed to finish it off this week and then spend a little cash on the left over pieces to lvl it up to be same as my other boats
    But the fact we’re obviously not gonna have weekly opportunities to gain pieces for boats and will have to wait for fortnightly chances or even longer has completely discouraged me from buying any

Bigger spenders were always gonna spend money so what they’ve done hasn’t gained anything from big spenders, yet has discouraged casual spenders!
    Why would we wanna spend money on something that will take us a month to upgrade to a competitive lvl? It’s gonna sit there gathering dust for weeks at the very least! If I spend 50-100 bucks on something I wanna play with it now lol I would imagine a lot of ppl feel the same

Bottom line if I didn’t have to wait so long for the opportunity to upgrade my boat after purchasing it (cause there’s no way I’d pay hundreds of dollars for both) and could earn the means to upgrade it more regularly I’d spend some cash! But like I said I’m not buying a toy I can’t use

2. Blitz

Blitz Member

We have been nerfed several times.
    While shooters and defenders gained its turret agility, we lost agility. While rudder was rarely used, some preferred using it because agility was crucial during the game play.
    I don't know what's the difference of one heavy shot but that is not very trivial, but okay. It is not like we had much HP before. But we used TS to compensate this.
    But it got 10% nerf.

Maybe, these nerfs seem trivial to others, I don't think so...
    While others ships except fixer can equip all kinds of weapons, we, speeders can only load 2. We rarely use mortars. So, naturally, we can't target ships over the walls. Yet, others can.
    We have to show ourselves to deal damages but we get targeted immediately as we show up... a risk we take. We lost agility and we have harder time evading the fires.
    It is not like we have that much HP. The difference of one heavy shot does make difference. If not, why do we even bother upgrading shields? The shields gain only 10~20 HPs per level.
    This limits our strategy.
    The another problem is, despite the defense point nerf and the increased damage of weapons, ships are harder to kill than before. This is what I am going under through. I make almost twice the damage that I used to but I can't recover my infamy.

Personally, I always compete with lv47 ships at my infamy while my speeder is only lv39. This is totally unfair for me because the difference of HP is fairly huge, especially when it come to defenders.

3. GrizzlyMoose

GrizzlyMoose Active Member

Developers are really screwing up the game.

Instead of being in such a rush to add content, why not fix the damn bugs.

Coin display errors, coins not showing in battle logs and matchmaking based on captain lvl......someone appears to be spending too much time playing and not enough time testing their code.

4. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Maybe a good place to let us earn some more ship pieces would be the guild quest raffle. That would reinvigorate the quilt quest event and would give people a chance to build their new boats over time.

On the regular board the prizes could be stepped up something like 100/250/500. On the bonus board something like 2000/5000/10000.

At those levels boat building would still be gradual but something we could work on over time.

5. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

Yeah I am seeing this too. Usually I am the only Level 40 with everyone else on Level 47.

6. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

issues after update:
    - game crash and lag many times on my phone (huawei 1GB RAM), what are the game's hardware requirements again?
    - sniper hits in close range not counted
    - sugar quests rate is too high

Last edited: 2 Nov 2018
    benguin8 and Gilligans Island like this.
  7. Subbie the Blaster

Subbie the Blaster Well-Known Member

Fixing all day all idiots
    I, personally, support the idea. As. Much. As. I. Can.

8. Subbie the Blaster

I love how the thread title says meet 'your' reaper, yet only some who have got plenty of time/money on their hands can call it theirs.

9. Subbie the Blaster

Lol I don't really know why am I so sour cherry but I guess there's one reason why.

10. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

You beat me to it :(

11. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

• App crashing and game freezing - App has been crashing alot often when I try coming back to lobby from a battle or when the battle is about to start(means when the matchmaking thing appears or whatever you call it). This thing IMG_20181102_150112.jpg
    Game also freezes often during this.
    • Guild fleet button - I don't know if you guys are ever planning to fix this ancient bug as I've reported this issue to you through pm in game and also tried posting it in here but no response at all. But let me state it again anyway. The Fleet button on guild chat is completely useless. When we click it and go for a battle or when we watch a replay, after coming back to lobby the Fleet button stops working(becomes un-clickable) until we reload the game. Also the guildmates probably can't see it If the guild fleet button was clicked at the time they were battling.
    • Lag issues - I'm personally not facing it much now but alot of people are including my guildmates. IMG_20181102_182422.jpg
    Well on a side note, I'm about to get a new phone in few days, and knowing that people with even better and newer phones are facing issues such as lags is scaring me.

Nikkie! and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  12. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Did you sync another account? I saw you in global with a similar account name.

13. -=LightSteve=- :)

-=LightSteve=- :) Member

Yeah
    I have 3 accounts to be exact

What's Up Player likes this.
  14. Gilligans Island

Gilligans Island New Member

Since update game lags constantly on my device s7 galaxy. Turret doesnt turn, game lags horribly especially with the naplam fire festival. Ive erased almost everything. Doesnt get any better. Its not network connection. I used my ipad air 2 on a mini account runs smoothly. Any ideas?

15. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Napalm kills older devices for sure. 100% a CPU issue. I've requested that we be able to tone that down as a preference, similar to half resolution.

16. -=LightSteve=- :)

-=LightSteve=- :) Member

I have no idea
    But that included game crash and freeze

17. Geo Capt Tbag tactical

Geo Capt Tbag tactical New Member

Wtf I ship pieces ain't adding up right when I open up shop it still show the same fix it dam uwat a waist of time in these event

18. msc

msc Member

Getting a new ship seems to be a difficult task.

19. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Understatement of the year.... but getting the boat is EASY compared to leveling it up. Leveling it up requires 17-20 times the effort/cost.

20. Subbie the Blaster

Agreed