1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New weapon ( edit: new item)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by SupremeCalamitas, 24 Feb 2018.

?

Which new weapon type should be added?

1. Ship-seeking weapons

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Machine gun

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  3. Laser

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  4. Other ( post what it is)

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Nothing, you're just fine with what there is

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. TheAntiSnipe's idea(s)

15 vote(s)
    35.7%
  7. HAPPY SITHSA's idea(s)

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  8. Cryix's idea(s)

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  9. SupremeCalamitas' idea(s)

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Flamethrower
    A close range fire tool that sets fire to enemies! 2 slot red item

This item is unique, it has a fuel gauge. You can control how long you fire as long as the fuel gauge is full. Once it is empty, a 30 second cooldown starts. Maximum 20 seconds fire damage with 5 seconds of shooting

Cryix likes this.
  2. SupremeCalamitas

Turret

Lay it down, and when an enemy gets close, this thing pumps them full of lead. 2 slot red item

When an enemy crosses paths with a turret, they get hit with a 1 round per second medium damage barrage. Useful for guarding, godly with mines. Unlike mines, it is active the moment it is laid down

FearsomeChicken and Cryix like this.
  3. SupremeCalamitas

WALLy
    Builds a wall to protect! 2 slot yellow item

Makes a wall ( you can design length and width however you want.) this wall gets destroyed after a certain damage is dealt, or if it has been there for 30 seconds. Cool down 20 seconds

4. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Not yellow. A red slot item. All boats need to have this choice. Imagine tactically the difference. Boats would be deathly afraid to cluster. If I charge and then hit this as a red slot Item. I could kill 4 to 5 unfriends. It needs to be more powerful than a mine. Since it's a boat being sacrificed.

PastelPiku likes this.
  5. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

We need more viable 2 slot weapons for defender. I currently use 1 flare, 1 blast and 1 ex cannon.

We need another 2 slot weapon that rocks but the cool down is shorter than ex cannon. And has better distance.
    Defender weapons that can fight in multiple ranges.

6. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    Detector Torpedo
    Is shot just like a normal torp, but instead of dealing damage, it makes sonar noises as it travels along. Any enemy ships within a radius of 4 will have their positions revealed for 2 seconds. And when the torpedo explodes, those within the splash radius will be revealed for 4 seconds, but a direct hit reveals their position for 7 seconds. Red item. 2 slot, 15 second cool down. Splash and speed the same as a big torp. Speed perks applicable, range perks add to detection range.
    Please give constructive criticism
    @Eeyore

7. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

12 second cool down woupd be preferred. and it would be usuable. Needs to have sniper cool down time. It doesnt have crit chance. And is 2 slot. Lets keep the at least even to sniper cool down

FearsomeChicken and Cryix like this.
  8. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    This is a cool idea, and I like that it's a red item so anyone can use it. It should do some damage, but very minimal. If it's a 2 slot, I don't think many people will use it. Make it one slot since, although useful, using one gives up a lot of potential dps.

Honestly, it'd be cool if there was like 3 of these: one in cannon form, one in torpedo form, and one in grenade form. The cannon one should work like a flare gun that gives vision of the target for like 10-15 seconds. The grenade should last about 5 seconds, regardless of their position in the blast.

Though, I'm not Eeyore, I really liked your idea and wanted to add to it.

SupremeCalamitas and Cryix like this.
  9. Cryix

Cryix Well-Known Member

Great ideas......wht about a detector mine?? just go and place a mine.....whoever who will come in a radius of 3 will be detected :p

Last edited: 11 Mar 2018
    kusura bakmayin and PastelPiku like this.
  10. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Would a pellet gun be good? Like a machine gun?
    Maybe it shoots whenever you hold the button down super fast, but you have to be locked on to your enemy in order to do enough damage. And when you fire a certain amount of pellets it reloads!

It should be two slot, and have a reload of 5 seconds or so.

11. SupremeCalamitas

-dumb name here-
    When this projectile hits an enemy ship, they become statues! 2 slot yellow item

Basically, a bolt that renders your enemy unable to move, including moving the turret, turning around, etc. for a short time.

12. SupremeCalamitas

If it was a red item it would be overpowered.

13. Cryix

Cryix Well-Known Member

SupremeCalamitas likes this.
  14. SupremeCalamitas

Epic faces are my favorite. I can classify all boats. Shooters are epic faces, because they can put up some fireworks, defenders are bored faces because... yeah... speeders are troll faces because you can hit them but that can hit you. Enforcers are sunglasses faces because... idk. Fixers are MR CLEAN because they clean up your dents

Cryix likes this.
  15. themilleniumpanda

themilleniumpanda New Member

-a red deployable floating sentry gun with short range, temporary like a mine and can be targeted and destroyed
    -a yellow deployable floating tesla dome big enough to cover tightly packed friendlies in one spot, has a reasonable amount of hp
    -a green pulse emitter that buffs friendlies' weapon
    dps instead of hp
    -a blue submersible tank that pulls your ship underwater for a few seconds. torpedos mines can be used while submerged

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  16. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    These are cool ideas but I think the blue one is unnecessary.

17. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

I like this idea,but make it restricted to defenders by making it a purple/violet item, take away one blue slot from defender to make up for it. This will make defenders live up to its name by defending a territory, by being able to deploy turrets to assist in area defense. This will also make up for the defenders' lack of firepower, add area control to the game and make defenders more popular.

18. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Is this the buff the defender needs?? :D
    Although imagine a full team of defenders (more chance of finding a full legendary item in a star crate I know :) ) with 5 turrets down defending the area :)

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  19. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Headlight - A sneaky little bastard that reveals the vision of opponents when dropped in a cone shape. YELLOW
    Healing Totem (Suggested before but any who) - Drop, AOE Healing. GREEN
    Wave Machine - Makes the waves go higher. YELLOW

More coming soon... If my brain is creative (And it will never be)

20. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

haha, its possible but turrets are immobile and have limited hp (which scales with lvl like TS), so they can be sniped from afar. And since they are immobile, defenders gotta stick around the same area making them easy targets for big torps and mortar/fire bomb spams, so I think it's pretty balanced. Devs can play around with cooldown to make it un-spammable if it ever becomes too op.

Is it the buff defender needs? Why not lol. Currently defenders have far too many blue slots which doesn't do much anyways to make up for their lack of firepower and mobility.