1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New update 4.2 video

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Reorge, 28 Dec 2018.

1. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

They said you need “at least” two boats. If you look at the SS in my earlier post, all boats are selectable so it looks like you can bring your entire shipyard, depending on how the item distribution is allocated. Still awaiting confirmation on that.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    What about the infamy gain/loss change? Will it be easier to reach Nightmare?

3. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

My thoughts on the trailer:
    Casual=good, now I have a safe place to use my troll loadouts.
    Ranked changes: Infamy/reward buffs good... but equipping a variety of good ships may be a challenge, assuming items can't be fitted to multiple ships. This is an issue for me personally regarding every color except teal/green... loadouts may get a bit dicey.
    Items: Since the weapon used a red background, it's all but confirmed that ye olde Cheez-it is blue. Still have no idea what THAT thing is, but I have some ideas for the weapon:
    • A new torpedo (unlikely, what would they do for one?)
    • A rocket launcher (basically a railgun, but it has area damage and a torp-like activation period, as well as no close range dropoff)
    • A new type of cannon?
    I'd say the second two are more likely than a new torp. I say cannon not just because of the heavy cannon-like shape, but because Rovio probably wants to make us higher levels forget the Gatling gun happened...

So now I have to make the next Redneck Reviews a double feature. Okie dokie.

(and yeah i did copy/paste my post from the sneak peek thread... I can't be bothered to write a new post saying the exact same stuff XD)

4. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    so i can't play infamy battles at all because i don't have second ship ready for battle at same time . i joined this game two three month ago and spent all resources mainly on Shooter . i have a interceptor on same level but how can we use two ships if we have items for only one ship .

envylife and Sidd gamer like this.
  5. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Will there be team elimination for ranked?

envylife and Sidd gamer like this.
  6. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Yeah... We need a hell of a lot more clarification on this update. It's either gonna be absolutely amazing and everyone's happy (one thing I've learned since being here for a year or so, never gonna please everyone lol), or it'll be shit the bed awful.

7. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    Which developer's voice is this? BTW: I think its going to be a homing torpedo, that needs to lock on to an opponent, but can still be out-agility-ied (like you can twist out of the way and it will explode)
    IF NOT: NOBODY STEAL MY IDEA!

Sidd gamer and Redneck Messiah like this.
  8. Redneck Messiah

That sounds nifty

*proceeds to make thread stealing this idea*
    JK

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I hope they make blue epic pieces easier to come by. Those are the hardest to get.

Sidd gamer and Aether_Zero like this.
  10. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I just scrapped a Leggy standard shield last night, if I need two sets of shields I'll be kicking myself :/

11. Redneck Messiah

You, sir, are a disappointment. ;)

But yeah, keeping multiple loadouts would screw over a lot of people. Quick ad: Everyone here who's on the Toobers Discord, please upvote @KINGIVANOV's question about this in the Ask A Dev channel.

As of this writing, we need 10 more upvotes for a dev response.

Sidd gamer and Aether_Zero like this.
  12. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

So infamy will only be available by the new hardcore tdm mode? What a shame, I personally think the good old team elimination requires so much more strategy than tdm and thereby is much better game mode for ranked battles.

Oh, and hands up who have two sets of turbos and shields ready?

No one?

I can already smell the biggest s**t storm of Battle Bay history coming o_O

13. EyeOfDoom

Finally I can make use of this..
    IMG_2517.jpg

Wait.. we're still out of powercells and that's still not addressed.

14. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I have a tier 4 epic with 1 dupe, just waiting on another to max it out. I figure I'll get an epic quicker than a legendary dupe.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  15. EyeOfDoom

I guess that's their way of making all shield defender worthwhile. But seriously, if this is the only ranked mode then turbo needs to go.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  16. Redneck Messiah

So I spent my evening in Chill Zone, joining in the joyful spirit of making snide comments about the update, and somebody made an extremely valid point:
    Team Elimination, the mode which needs strategy and skill to succeed in it, is becoming casual, and Team Deathmatch, the mode made for weapon spam and suiciders, is becoming ranked.

EXCUSE YOU, ROVIO?
    Seriously... is it just me and the rest of the 6pm EST chillzone crowd, or is Rovio trying to cater to whiny firebomb spammers whose wallets are fatter than the defender's hitbox?

17. Leuco

Leuco Active Member

In the video, they start with a 13000 HP Shooter, and respawn as a 4600 HP Speeder with a common Carronade equipped. That tells me you can't use the same items across multiple ships, which would be such a stupid move if it makes it in with the update. It took me 8 months to get a single Epic Turbo to upgrade from T3 to T4, why would I want to make a second one?

Earel, BattleRascal, Reorge and 2 others like this.
  18. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

I noticed that too....

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more.

Last week's suggestion:
    Me: I'd like to see 5v5 TDM Events less than they appear now. Being that it is too similar to Ranked matches, it makes the Events a lot less "eventful." 2v2 thru 4v4 TDM is good, 5v5 CTF is good, etc.
    Zeus: Comes down to a matter of preference in the end. 5v5 TDM has proven to be one of the better modes so far, but we do like to switch it up as well!

This week's announcement:
    Rovio: We are replacing Ranked with 5v5 TDM.

FUUUU*&#&@*.... I mean, thanks, pal. I'll remember that.

PS: I don't like 5v5 TDM at all. It isn't rated properly (K/D ratio needs to be primary), it promotes kamikaze play over strategy, takes too long, and it's not different enough from ranked.

20. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Why would anyone need more than one ship for TDM? :rolleyes:

#gitgud

Nikkie!, EyeOfDoom and Agile Vanguard like this.