1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New Ships - Pay to Play?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Samwise, 1 Nov 2018.

1. Samwise

Samwise Active Member

Devs used to respond to criticism that Battle Bay was "Pay to Win" by saying that it was really "Pay to Progress" since infamy (modified elo rating) would keep your win rate at about 50%.

Well with the new ships, it's not "Pay to Win" or "Pay to Progress". It's Pay to Play. Right now without real money it is impossible to unlock or level up the interceptor. Even during event the time cost of unlocking the ship is astronomical and for many players impossible without real money.

This is the first time significant game content has been locked behind a paywall with no way to obtain it by actually playing the game. It's a big change in how the game works, and it makes me much less likely to play.

Fiorell, Ultrah and RACK STAR like this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

We don’t know that yet, as we haven’t had a ‘regular’ event since before the Interceptor was released.

Last week’s event was the Interceptor release. This week’s event is the Reaper release.

Next week, unless they’ve got another new ship up their sleeve (doubtful), we should be back to ‘regular’ events.

I don’t know what that will entail, they said it’s going to be different. But I imagine Event Perks will be back (pretty unfair on new players if they’re not), and I’m fairly confident ship parts will be back too.

3. Darth Reaper

Darth Reaper Active Member

I don’t think will make third new ship but I’m pretty sure new perk and other items.

4. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

In the announce,ent thread Grimmreaper advised that the devs don’t know what they are going to do with ship pieces going forward. Right now the new ships are pay to level. I got my interceptor to level 23 and only use it for events so I don’t destroy my infamy.

Rogue Blueberry likes this.
  5. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

Well not really. The game is exactly how it takes a before the update, they just gave us more content. While it is a little frustrating that the devs aren't giving any info on thier plans with the new ships, you still have your old ships.

6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Unless your old ship got nerfed! :mad:

7. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

U main speeder right?

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It's not the same. All Event rewards have been replaced with ship pieces, which are useless to most players because there's no way to level up a ship without paying cash. In other words, progression has slowed, and I'd argue you can't classify unobtainable content as new content. If this game is going P2P, most players are going to leave.