1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

new perk -frost shoot

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by kurdish bndo, 11 Feb 2018.

1. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

since the nerf of frost items i rarely see them ,but i think this will fix the problem %90%

it gives a % or 0.?? to not be removed (the frost from frozen players),it isnt a chance to not be removed like crit chance ,NO, but it is a % to make it (lets say stonger for now) ,ok let me explain

if
    an uncoomon perk is 0.33 or 33%
    and rare perk is 0.5 or 33%
    and epic perk is 0.66 or 66%

of the combination of the perks fitted to an item is between( 0.9 ,90%) and (1.0 ,100%)
    this mean one shoot can not remove the frost but 2 shoots can ,and if it reached 2 or 200% this mean 2 shoots can not remove frost but 3 shoots can

i didnt make it 0.25 ,0.5, 0.75 bcuz
    (i know it is hard to get but)
    4 epic perks fitted to a legendary or epic (4 perks available) will need 4 shoot to be removed,it dont seem fair for me.

but what happens to the other % and .?? left ? this what will make players use 4 epic and not 4 rare,

that will be used for the first shoot
    for example
    lets say i have 1.aa this mean the first shoot wont remove my frost effect but it will be reduced with ( 0.5 - aa )= ??% and then froat effect is removed after the second shoot
    ,and if a frost have more than50% or 1.50 its effect wont be reduced .

for example
    if a frost blaster have 50% and have 2 epic and 2 rare frost shoot perk then it will be 2.32 , 232% now it will be removed with the third shoot it gets from the frozen player but after the first shoot its effect will be reduced with 18% . = 18% × 50=9 ÷ 2=4.5 so it will lose 4.5% from 50% = 45.5%

Last edited: 11 Feb 2018
    HARPO! likes this.
  2. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I like the idea but why not make perks that make it behave like it used to? The old frost effect had 50% of its duration retained when the target was hit. This meant that if a player had 10 seconds of frost on them and they got shot, it would drop down to 5 seconds.

A better idea for new perks would be something that brings that idea back (consider that you have to give up frost duration perks for this). We could call it frost durability or something like that. The stats should look like this:
    • Uncommon +5%
    • Rare +7.5%
    • Epic +10%
    Edited to cut % in half
    4 epic perks would mean that if the target was shot with 10 seconds of frost, 40% of the duration would be retained, so it would only lose 6 seconds. This sounds overpowered, but let me remind you that you'd have to give up duration perks for this, so you're choosing between long frost effect, durable frost effect, or something in between.

Edited extra note:
    Frost should still be completely removed by torps and mortars.

Last edited: 11 Feb 2018
    *JAWS*, kurdish bndo and Disguised like this.
  3. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Nah all these suggestions are too overpowered.
    The only thing that may work is @PastelPiku idea of frost retention. However, retaining time is a bad idea. So say the player has 4 epic perks, the perks will help the target maintain some slow effect after being shot. Rather than maintaining time.

Uncommon 5%
    Rare 7.5%
    Epic 10%

So if a person is shot with blaster or launcher running 4 epic perks, after being shot they will still be slowed by 40% of the original slow effect. If they are shot again. The slow is gone.

PastelPiku and *JAWS* like this.
  4. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    The only thing that will bring frost items back is to remove the 1-shot breaking frost. Nothing else will

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  5. Miku Da Yo 39

Better to leave it dead than back to what it was. If they remove the one shot frost. The slow effect should be capped to 40%

PastelPiku likes this.
  6. PastelPiku

Security
    So my idea was good, but it should be half as strong? I'd be ok with that.

7. A55A51N

Student
    The only thing people were complaining about (or most of the people anyway) was the absurd glue of frost. And I agree, that had to be nerfed. But at the same time devs made frost
    1) Harder to hit
    2) Give less dmg bonus
    3) Give the 1-hit removal
    So frost, a combo that brought options to the otherwise boring flare+cannons meta, was nerfed from 4 different aspects. That killed half of the enfo, speeder and fixer meta. It’s simply flare or nothing now.
    I know how much you hate anything that gives heal debuffs, but for the sake of meta variety alone, frost should be buffed. And the only thing is to bring back the old breaking method (or if necessary, 1 torp breaking straight away).

8. PastelPiku

Security
    I'm making edits to my idea as these new posts pop up so we can find the most optimal solution. I miss frost, man.

9. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

One could also address frost effects this way....
    Any weapon that gets frost effect boost. Instantly breaks frost. Mortar and torpedo break frost instantly.

Where as any weapon that doesnt have frost effect... cannons, grenade, mines, etc.
    It take 2 hits to break frost.

This give torpedo and mortar users more chance to hit their target. And also keeps a target frosted in place longer than one shot from a sniper cannon.

Look we all know frost nerf was too far.

And we also know that torpedo users and mortar users pre nerf were highly benifited from the previous update pre nerf when they buffed the frost affect for Rng Bunta.

The happy medium would be my suggestion. 2 shots all weapons not mortar or torp.

@The Grim Repair @Miika

I personally scrapped all my frost gear because of this nerf.
    Its no longer Op. Its just unusable.

Last possible solution.
    Pre Bunta Update. Go back to how frost was 10 months. Ago. Before Bunta ever brought to developers attention frost wast working as planned.

Frost effect was about 40 percent less powerful. But it did not break after every shot. It operated more like a fire effect. The bay was much more ballanced then with frost and fire users.

PastelPiku and Disguised like this.
  10. A55A51N

Student
    2 shots removing isn’t really enough either. While it’s better than the current mechanic, the combo still wouldn’t be reliable enough to play. In some games, you might get 3-4 torps with frost, other games you wouldn’t get any. The 1-torp removing frost would be acceptable, since it would prevent the swift+big combo with only 1 frost.

11. PastelPiku

Security
    Frost torp combo is powerful enough that it would be op if it could easily be combined into a team fight with everyone still shooting them. If it had its power from before, less people would mind the easy frost break. I think frost torp is more suited for those battles outside of the huge team battles, while fire cannon works anytime.

12. Miku Da Yo 39

The thing is flare ex cannon does pretty much equal dmg to frost torp combo lmao.

T5 epic flare does 2k over 20+ seconds and ex cannon does 2.5k with fire bonus.

T5 epic Frost torp with frost perks ATM if hit does instant 4.5k dmg. Can be followed up with a swift torp or another cannon for extra 1.5k dmg. So in reality, if the frost was brought back it would still be way to overpowered. However what's really frustrating is how the flare ex combo does similar damage and is the easiest thing in the world to use. Firebombs and flares are almost present in every game.

PastelPiku and A55A51N like this.
  13. A55A51N

Student
    So it is good for suiciding speeders? Because if the enemy is any good, they’ll stick together meaning frosttorp shouldn’t work in half games.

14. PastelPiku

Security
    Good point lol.
    Also a good point.

This is a difficult topic lol but I hate how underused it is now. I've never been hit by a frost torp, and it's only been attempted against me one time in my whole Battle Bay history (that I remember). Been playing for like 7ish months, idk. 6000+ matches. I don't care how strong it is, we need to find a way to bring it back one way or another lol.

15. Miku Da Yo 39

I was thinking maybe we can change up things this way, hear me out.

To revive frost torp, we keep frost as a 1 hit break, however there is a separate timer that has the same length as frost duration. This counter will not be removed from getting hit. So long as this timer is active, the frost damage bonuses apply.

To balance out fire and cannons combos, we will use the same idea. There are 2 timers when hit by fire. One is for how long the fire will burn, other is the damage boost timer. Upon being hit the fire will continue to burn but the fire dmg bonus timer be removed. So you cannot abuse fire bonus. This balances out in theory because now you have a potential and deadly torp that has high risk high reward, as well as the fire cannon combo which now has low risk low reward, but still possible to do the same dmg bonus as now, just not as easily.
    In addition to all this, I suggest a new talent for repair bolt called "Buff timer removal" to add more variety to the game and make fixer a even higher priority target.

PastelPiku likes this.
  16. A55A51N

Student
    Hmmm
    Interesting
    Very interesting..
    o_O

17. PastelPiku

Security
    Perfect. It doesn't slow you perpetually, but the damage boost doesn't become irrelevant. I like the way you think! Though, the frost damage bonus should also be removed once it has boosted a torp or mortar. This could be visually depicted as such: when frosted, the bonus damage boost uses the current icy look, while the slow factor causes the ship to leave a short frost trail behind them (only visual). A torp or mortar causes the ice to shatter, while any other weapon only removes the icy trail. Edit: Maybe the visual queues could be the other way around? Another visual queue is necessary, as they also added another visual queue when tesla bolts were given stun resistance.

Miku Da Yo 39 likes this.