1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New Items - Ballistic Shield, Accelerator, Steeroids, Jammer, Grappling Hook, Torchpedo, Eagle Eye

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by benguin8, 3 Nov 2017.

1. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

We definitely need more blue items. Here are a few new blue passive helpers and a yellow and red item because they are cool. I will leave it at this, if the list gets too long it gets confusing. How about these?

Ballistic Shield (could be 1 or 2 points depending on the stats) - Icon is a swat shield.
    • Equipping reduces incoming damage from the front by x %, say max stat might be 25%. Damage on the sides and rear are increased by x %. It does NOT add health like a shield.
    • Leveling gives increased % for both.
    • Basically like a SWAT shield. This was my inspiration http://www.howeandhowe.com/rs1-rbs1-robotic-ballistic-shield.html
    • Not sure how boats are coded if you can easily detect what side it comes from.
    Accelerator 1 point - Icon is a gas pedal.
    • From a stopped position, accelerator gives a short burst of speed. Distance is maybe one ship length. Leveling gives greater burst or distance. Think of it as a mini passive nitro. Difference is that it only works from a stopped position.
    • If a boat wanted to stop to target an unfriendly and was targeted back, you can use it to juke quickly to avoid the incoming projectile. Kinda of like nah-nah can't hit me.
    • Good for torpedos and projectiles, not so much for mortars.
    • Maybe a replacement for turbo hehe.
    Steeroids (just the first name that came to me) 2 points. - Icon is Rx pills
    • Increases all damage you do by x% but also increases all damage done to you by x%. Will have to be balanced by maybe max is 50%?
    • leveling starts at 1% and goes up 1 up to 50 or something like that.
    • Makes any boat a glass cannon. Don't let the unfriendlies find out you have this attached or its gg!
    Jammer - 1 point - Icon is a powerline tower
    • Jammer does two things. First, if anyone is targeting you it will give you a beeping sound. Second it would pulse every 5 seconds and any unfriendlies who are targeting you would get their auto target turned off, messing up their auto target and forcing them to turn it back on. Hopefully allowing you to get away.
    • Not sure if that is enough but jammer could also beep when you are close to an unfriendly mine or have a torpedo nearby.
    • Leveling can decrease when the pulse goes off, maybe starting at 10 seconds for example. It can also increase the radius you detect unfriendly mines/torpedoes.
    Grappling Hook - 1 point - Obvious icon...
    • can target friends or unfriends. tow line launches from your boat and if it connects with the other ship, pulls it closer to you by a certain amount.
    • Use for enemies trying to flee or as a fixer to pull a friendly out of the way of a mortar or close to you to heal. Just another thing speeders can do to mess with boats.
    • Leveling gives greater range and greater pull back distance.
    Torchpedo - 1 point - Flaming torpedo
    • A flaming torpedo, duh. Fires a single torpedo that when hits, has a small initial damage but burns like a flare. The torpedo also has a fire trail that extends x distance from the torpedo that acts like napalm and will burn your boat if you cross it. Chance of catching fire.
    • A 1 point crowd controlling weapon for matches. Creating a line of fire that will damage ships if they pass. Speed will be around a triple torpedo I guess. Can use fire or torpedo perks.
    • Leveling increases fire tail, and damage. A nice alternate to the swift.
    • Can combo with frost as a torpedo, AND fire for projectiles. Yes please.
    Edit 11-13-17
    Eagle Eye - 1 point? Or could call it binoculars but that is not as fun.
    • Eagle eye allows your ship to spot unfriendlies from farther away. Great for scouters. I can't tell you how many times i scout and they spot me when i spot them and I get every mortar they got.
    • Leveling allows you to see x% farther than the standard distance. Maybe max 25%? You would need line of sight of course.
    • Eagle eye perk would take range perks.
    • Not sure if this is enough on its own, and to replace a precious blue slot. But if not, eagle eye could also buff your range of all weapons. Might be a 2pt then and have special perks for this weapon at a reduced range. Like the damage perk that works for all weapons.

Last edited: 13 Nov 2017
    FataMorgana88 and ThatOnion like this.
  2. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

I find steeroids scary just watch a shooter or speeder with multiple big torps running around kamikaze style cause it would be one hit kills with that torp maxed. Grappling hook interesting..so I could effectivley pull and unfriend into my mine...hmm. I'd take a torchpedo out for a spin.

Last edited: 3 Nov 2017
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I like it for just the first effect. Second would be too OP under clutch situations.

FataMorgana88 likes this.
  4. True_Tyranny

True_Tyranny New Member

I reallly like the grappling hook idea. steeroids sounds kind of misleading, maybe they could instead be like a turn nitro, increasing steering ability.

5. Spawn Iscariot

Spawn Iscariot New Member

Ballistic Shield-Not a fan. I think the two shields we already have are more useful
    Accelerator-Could be useful. I doubt it would be useful enough to to replace a Turbo, but you could be tempted to switch out a Rudder for it, or maybe even a Standard Shield
    Jammer-No. I don't need to hear beeping all battle, there's no real manual aim option, and having it just for torp/mine proximity would be a wasted slot
    Grappling Hook-Interesting. I'm not sure whether it's worth a slot, but certainly an item to consider for discussion
    Torchpedo-Great name! Having it work either like a Flare or Napalm would make an effective weapon. I'd prefer to see it as a 2-slot Napalm-effect weapon, or possibly with a smaller AoE and/or duration as a 1-slot item . I'm not sold on the flaming trail-don't hate though

Which leaves Steeroids...

...that name is Glorious! We need an item with this name!

I do not like the effect you've described for it at all though.

I think True_Tyranny has nailed it. A Yellow slot Nitro Turn item would have a strong case to be on many Speeder and Enforcer builds-an Overboost Turn item would be too powerful

FataMorgana88 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. True_Tyranny

True_Tyranny New Member

Thanks... I knew someone would agree. I make GENIUS ideas from other people's ideas sometimes...:cool:

7. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

Among the list, the grappling hook is the only one I like. I'll add one.

Cloak - Makes your ship invisible for x seconds unless you fire or move. Great for ambush. Would have a huge impact in game dynamics.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. benguin8

Cool idea! I had seen several cloak ideas which inspired my jammer weapon. I think true invisibility might be TOO powerful. But you can be invisible in other ways, like can't be targeted, won't show up on map, etc. I did see you suggest you are invisible if you don't move which helps not make it OP, but then is it useful? You could probably have it cloak while moving at normal speed, no nitros or OBs. I see this as being a yellow weapon as opposed to Jammer which is blue.

9. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Ballistic shield
    Maybe, maybe not
    Accelerator
    Yes!
    Steeroids
    Maybe not because of mortar and sniper spam
    Jammer
    Would be too confusing so not
    Torchpedo
    When do we get this? :D

Edit: Grabbling hook
    Would be cool too

benguin8 likes this.
  10. benguin8

Added a new blue item to the OP. Eagle Eye! You can spot unfriendlies from farther away.