1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New event 1v1 duels

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by YerJokinArnYer, 27 Jun 2018.

1. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

To be fair to the other poster, I don't think the gear score factors in captain levels. The gear may be on par with the poster, but all of the bonus perks achieved through captain levels are not to be discounted.

TheAntiSnipe and HappyUnicorn456 like this.
  2. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

There have been a few comments similiar to this (sorry Flipscuba, just using your post as reference, not an attack on you per se). If some are winning 80% of the time, on the flip side, others are losing 80% of the time, which makes it not very much fun for the losers.

My own games for this events have been mixed and matchups have been really inconsistent (read: lost more than I won). Anecdotally, GS for unfriend 1500-2000+ higher, 1 Mk level higher, 2000-3000 infamy higher (sometimes one, sometimes a combination).

It appears that the EventMatchMaker(tm) is somewhat borked for 1v1 and building on what others have mentioned (in other threads), some consideration needs to be made for calculating better matchups for example :- Infamy x Gear Score x Capt Level

envylife likes this.
  3. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I got 92% win rate and 8% were losses, never died in 1v1 mode and I was mostly facing opponents with same/higher captain level but much better gear (max t4 rares with full rare perks and some epic/max t3 epics) but their infamy was same as mine or lower, if infamy was real meter of skill (when considering also items' levels and ship mk) then it should be fair to match people like this: person A has better gear but 1.5k infamy, person B has worse gear (let's by one tier on everything) but has 2k infamy
    it should be harder to get higher infamy with worse gear so you should be more skilled than the person with better gear than you but lower infamy (or you could be just incredibly lucky so you got carried by your teammates to the 2k infamy)
    if it worked like that we wouldn' see 4k+ infamy players with legendary items in mk2 and 3 boats wrecking begginers because now they have higher infamy (they are also more skilled players in like 98% of the batlles) so it's unfair to match them with normal mk2/3 boats when their best equipment is something like fresh t3 rares etc.
    if you matched the NM player with normal mk2/3 player and the NM had worse items (even with training) then the match would be more fair, NM player should have chance to win because of his skill and his enemy should have chance to win because he has better items so he could be able to defeat that NM player with just simple brute force