1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf torps or not.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by vis1234567899, 24 Feb 2018.

1. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Coding-wise yeah and that might also have performance implications. I haven't tried to code that sort of thing in a while but if you consider how simple a circle is compared to a circle that can be randomly occluded by whatever obstacles it intersects it's gotta cost at least some CPU cycles.

2. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    I get what u mean but apart from the difficulties, why is it there?Why can the torp damage go through the wall when an ex cannon blast cant- I am assuming that the same circle works for it too.

• Percy • likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Excannon has a smaller splash radius.

4. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

I think that the splash radius should be increased.That would help the Explosive Cannon Users.Am I right?;);););)

Nikkie! and • Percy • like this.
  5. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    Please no, that'll make it way too easy to land a shot.

6. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Mayybe allow excannon shots to go through the wall, if logic be ignored

• Percy • and HAPPY SITHSHA like this.
  7. HAPPY SITHSHA

Yes.Check out my new thread "NEW SHIPS AND VIOLET ITEMS".:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool:

8. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

That’s so funny...
    Why people don’t complain about real stuff ? Like Explosive and flare combo? Know why everyone shut up about that? Cuz most players use those. Ok, last update nerfed the reload timing, but most of matches you have at least 3 enemies using them, with 3k critical or 4.5k even. I still wonder why people complain about sniper, complained about railgun and got extremely nerfed, but silence about EC. Looks like all players just want them to be capable of doing such damage.

No big deal with the torps, they are extremely hard to hit. So what happens ? People realized that and started to use them wisely: aim spots that the team might pass by, walls, obstacles, even motion prediction.. that’s strategy. I don’t even get too much damage form my splash damage. Plus, they are crucial team helping weapons for matches vs 18k HP Defender fleet plus fixer.

You still have the options to don’t be next to a wall, don’t stay to close to your mate's ship, take other route to a place, slow a bit your speed to see if a torp is coming. Talking about them splash to the other side of the wall? So let’s talk some truth: cry baby players are destroying this game. They cry out loud of stuff they don’t handle. What about the wayward change in te roof? Mortar users cryied out loud, what happened ? Now you see tons of mortar users camping at spots you can’t even aim, and they are capable of doing damage even if we are unseen. Such Map shouldn’t allow mortars cuz of that, it’s a hell of an advantage now.

I do agree that there are tons of unskillled players that just spam them anywhere and you suddenly get hit, and guess what? That happens with me too. But that’s not ALL matches. It’s really hard to find in the bay an exemplary torpedo user. This weapon isn’t very popular already, and you are suggesting a nerf? For Christ sake...

Nikkie!, • Percy •, Sifa and 2 others like this.
  9. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Nerf Eeyore

Nikkie!, • Percy • and A55A51N like this.
  10. HAPPY SITHSHA

That is so funny:p:p:p

11. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    What I dont get is why all these older players are getting all angry about it, it was just a suggestion, when u think about it, damage going through a wall sounds stupid.
    Also Excannon plus flare is a combo making it harder to balance and also in lower levels most people use blast cannon anyway. The damage is quite low when compared to a Big Torp, ur torps can wipe me out and the problem is that I am seeing mk6s with tier 5 epic big Torps, one mistake and someone like me is killed even if it isnt a direct hit. Ur own channel showed that an epic tier 5 torp hits for 2600

Last edited: 25 Feb 2018
    HAPPY SITHSHA and • Percy • like this.
  12. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Can't we just run a check to see if there is terrain between points A and B? None of the walls are really even that thin so it wouldn't have to be super precise...
    Aren't they called Explosive Cannons? The explosion part itself is pretty underplayed and in the end it mostly just does more damage. If torpedoes can blast through walls, why can't the Explosive Cannon live up to its name?

Btw, I don't use either of these weapons nor do I mind playing against them so I'm not biased for/against them, simply observing.

13. Shadow Moon!

Close this thread

• Percy • likes this.
  14. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Why? Are u too scared torps will be nerfed.

• Percy • likes this.
  15. Shadow Moon!

Lol I don't care what happens to this game anymore. Any balances and changes are so biased and useless it's pointless to explain.

• Percy • likes this.
  16. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Sure... and we can just build a bridge between New York and London too.

OK, it's not that hard. But it's not as simple as your'e making it out to be either. Consider just a circle and one simple line and how many ways that line could block parts or all of that circle. Now make 4 lines and do the same thing and notice how the area that is not blocked by the lines becomes hideously complex? Can it be done? Absolutely. Occlusion is a key part of all modern 3d engines because light sources need to be occluded so they don't shine through walls. I'm just guessing on why it wasn't done.

17. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    When u have a bit too much time, u turn BB into simple shapes.

HAPPY SITHSHA and • Percy • like this.
  18. PastelPiku

Security
    It's not as intense as light, though. It's actually as simple as the singular lines. If there is terrain between the ship and torpedo, that ship doesn't take damage (or has damage reduced). Ships which have clear space between the two points would simply take damage as usual. The rest of the circle does not need to be accounted for, just the single point the ship is on.
    lol

• Percy • likes this.
  19. PastelPiku

Security
    I'm just saying, I don't think the issue is that it's too much work. There's some logical reason behind it, not technical.

• Percy • likes this.
  20. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

A stupid suggestion, sorry. Stop blaming it, you still can choose to take that damage or not. It only splashes through the wall if you are really next to it. I’ve showed tons of players on customs how to deal that, if you are a little bit further from the wall, the splash damage reduces drastically. Plus, that’s mostly visible at Wayward, other map the dmg isn’t big deal. That’s not a reason to nerf it.

There are tons of other stuff that need more attention and people are neglecting it, more than I said above on the other reply.

Ppl “suggestions” made tons of epic and old players to stop playing. Game changed so much and became childish. It used to be worse, Two years ago there were no legendaries and no buff in ship’s HP. I used to sink 2 or 3 at the same time, actually this used to happen a lot. Nowadays my torps don’t even take a sckretch. There are months that I don’t double or triple sink, that’s significant.

And in fact, people aren’t realizing that all nerf are just reducing F2P players firepower. P2W players can still buy legendary stuff till higher tier like nothing happened.

Last edited: 25 Feb 2018