1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf *superawesome* frost torps

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zombie, 28 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

Ask some if the fixers in my guild iv fleeted with...i tell them DO NOT follow me i usually die anyway! If i happen to make it out alive i will come to u for heals..my frost torp objective is to kill as many ppl as i MAY be able to then die and iv done my job...most of the time i die first. If i happen to live for 1 kill and can get another thats great! But 90% of the time that dont happen. And before is stated i need to change my gameplay....no, that is how i like to play and it id udually my soul objective to pull off, could i do something different, yea but i prolly wont because it's not what I WANT TO DO.

Last edited: 9 Nov 2017
    A55A51N and Shadow Moon! like this.
  2. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

U see videos or u expierance first hand the power of the frost torp combo but i garentee u the things u dont see are them failing at the combo more than they are successful with it. Send them a message and ask them how many times they die before they can pull the combo off compaired to how many times they get even 1 kill...im willing to bet you the % is higher for no kill.
    @Pewpewdie @Infinity[on] @ysl am i wrong?
    I have messaged ppl after a match that kill me within the first minute and i say "man y u kill me like that" they usually state " lol, im not stupid man im not gona let you get up close to me with that toroedo"
    And that is how u should defend against a speeder. Easy solution. They purpusly watch for me and as soon as im spoted they gun me down in 2 or 3 shots.

3. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

I wonder when this thread is gonna get locked

4. Phalgun

Phalgun Member

Oh boy.. Speeder Nerf? Seriously? Didn’t you nerf us already? What more do you want? :(
    And for the whole frost thing, remove the stack, increase minimum speed and for Gods sake reduce the increase in damage for torps when ships are frozen(maybe to about 60-75% of the current increse) :p

5. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    Speeders shouldn’t get a nerf, big torp should.
    If you can get top damage at infamy 1000 with an mk4 fixer it should be nerfed.
    Probably a speed/ min range nerf.

6. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Lol that will make the combo useless if someone remains alive after the successful combo player like you with low cool down weapons will kill forst torp easily.

A55A51N likes this.
  7. Shadow Moon!

No big torp is fine in every sense the damage the cool down the speed everything maybe the blast radius is questionable but everything else is fine.

A55A51N and BasedCarpen like this.
  8. Te rompi el tuje

Te rompi el tuje Member

Respectfully. YSL and go two or three times I read from you that other people reach 6k with your settings to talk. I recognize your ability with that combo, but you have to recognize that it has many advantages. I have seen you with your defender and the truth do not get scared and I do not think you get to 6k playing without your speeder. There is a lot of luck in this game. I'll tell you again You are good with your combo. If you give me static and frozen objectives, I with my shooter, I am also good. Throw torpedoes at moving targets, that's an incredible ability. Conclusion, you're good and I applaud you, but that combo has too many advantages. Sorry for my English.

Zombie and Babablacksheep like this.
  9. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20171110-021100~2.png
    MK5 SPEEDER, Rare big shield, 4.5k infamy. I have seen T2 legendary swooning at 3k.And this guy doesn't even have a good tesla bolt and he was fighting against opponents who can 1 shot him with 1 crit (2300 damage) Considering i get matched with nightmares at 3k, you should imagine how he climbed 1.5k trophy.

AND there is only one guy who said speeder need nerf, and you all are targeting him. Can you even imagine how enforcer survives if speeder at this speed cannot survive???, and yet Hades and S g vinci made to nightmare with mk5(the worst boat)

Speeder don't need nerf, BUT they are no where near bad as you guy state.

10. Shadow Moon!

Having a big shield equipped his health will be around 4k and that is just one example of mk5 in Nightmare maybe he is skilled and well deserved and so are others even behumble reached to nightmare league with mk5 fixer does that mean fixers are op? No. 90% are still in between 2000-4000 and 5% below 2000 remaining 5% maybe in nightmare that doesn't at all means speeder is a op ship.

BasedCarpen likes this.
  11. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Did i ever say speeder were OP, you are unbelievable man!!! I m not arguing with you anymore. And it was meant for ViscountSniffit,Stop being a LAWYER MAN! (BTW two Indian speeder made to nightmare, mk5, any good speeder can do it)

And about big shield, his speeder doesn't have different slots from yours, SO USE IT

12. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

This thread is about the torps not the speeders. I tried out frost torp and then realised:eek::eek::eek: that my training gives me 0 percent more damage for frozen items so really this nerf should happen for those highely leveled up

13. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Nerf frost.
    Nerf torp
    Nerf ships using frost Torps
    Nerf team with ships using frost Torps
    Nerf guilds with most members with frost Torps.
    Nerf accounts with any frost Torps in inventory
    Nerf devices of accounts using frost Torps
    Nerf manufacturers of devices with accounts using frost Torps.
    Nerf network reception of frost torp users.
    Nerf device processors of frost torp people.
    Nerf al their local cell towers
    Nerf their ISPs
    Nerf nukes
    Nerf Martha
    Nerf forums
    Nerf Google
    Nerf the Sharks eating Google's connection
    Nerf Global Warming
    Nerf the world
    Nerf @Babablacksheep
    Nerf @Phalgun
    Nerf @Shadow Moon!
    Nerf @EyeOfDoom
    Nerf @Miika

14. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

NO!!!!!!
    DON'T. NERF. SHARKS!

And players complaining everyday about nerfing every weapon imaginable is getting funny.

Shadow Moon! and @YSL like this.
  15. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Let's not nerf frost torp. Let's significantly buff everything except frost torp

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’m not saying speeders are good or bad, I think you’re missing the point.

My point is that ‘often’ it is the player that is good, not the ship, and your example just corroborates that. People like Zusay, YSL, WrongUserName... They make the speeder look easy, and other people mistake that for the ship just being easy to use, or thier weapons being too powerful. But it’s not easy to use.

We don’t just float around keeping everyone on stun, and sinking ships 1v3 all the time. Rubber Duck is also a nightmare player, and as he says: “don’t follow me... I usually die”.

In fact, that’s the first thing you learn when you start using the speeder: you are going to die easily and frequently.

Anyone who uses the speeder regularly, will already be resigned to that fact, and have accepted it. Before the game even starts, we go in ‘knowing’ that (win or lose) we ‘probably’ won’t survive until the end.

The trick with the speeder is not surviving the game and winning 1v3. Most of the time, we’re happy if we just survive ‘long enough’ to take out one other ship, and cover our own hp.

Shadow Moon! and @YSL like this.
  17. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

wow when did this turn into an attack to my person or my gameplay skills?
    Am i jealous am i unskilled? i play an mk5 ship and reached 4.3k not both past seasons, i recall mk5 ships around that not can be counted with one single hand, i am pretty satisfied of how i perform (when i am not doing quests lol), had a match yesterday against her and i should really find the video, her team kept missing me with torps on my frosted defender, but at the end i got killed by those anyways.
    where was YSL when frost torp wasn't the OP meta? i don't remember that name in top global.
    where were other frost torp speeders when it wasnt this OP? I remember there was a vaster variety of ships and loadout
    the fact @YSL had to search her match history to find screenshots among the games she had past 3-4 days to back her thesis, says enough about how hard you have to try to prove this thing is not overpowered.
    it is honestly is. 1 weapon cooldown = 5k damage, how can it be balanced?

18. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

In P0rthos videos... killing P0rthos, with frost torp.

And is it really any wonder she wasn’t performing as well, when half her crew training was bugged and not working?

Think about your weapons, how good would you be if all your crew training for them was suddenly removed?

Ian and Shadow Moon! like this.
  19. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Lol^

Ian and Babablacksheep like this.
  20. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

yea about 1k not or more below her actual not?

about my weapons and my crew, i am actually training crew which talents have no use for me just to level up,
    do you think a skilled player wouldn't train the talents he needs first and then the rest?
    And i am quite sure she didn't have her talents "removed" at that time lmao
    wonder how it's just you and shadow moon attacking me all the time... frost user or ass licker?

anyways the point it's not that, point is that there shouldn't exist in this game a 5k damage point blank and crowd control feature exclusive to the most mobile class

TheAntiSnipe and Babablacksheep like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.